RD Rally Club - Opening Weekend - WRC2 in Chile.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
nQfHZ2j.jpg

Screenshot is taken by @pigloaf . The car is designed by @Jack Hintz (yes, really!)
The very first WRC-game event here on RaceDepartment. We will be taking out the WRC2 cars and visit the last rally they did in real life, that is also present in the game (due to Central European Rally being a post-release free update). That mean we will jump on the plane, train, boat or in the truck and heading to Chile for 7 varied stages. Both in characteristic and length. Not much change in weather though. We will also be having a healthy 3 services during the rally. So a lot of time to fix the car if you hit a stone, a tree or a kamikaze squirrel!

Session Open: 2nd of November 22:12 GMT until 6th of November 22:12 GMT (weird time? yes... I didn't quite understand the timing system when making the event!)
Cars: WRC2
Due to a lack of a better way to present the stages right now. This is the itinerary:
Ix2wBec.jpg

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Feel free to chat about the rally, share pictures, gifs, videos and whatever else that is relevant in this thread :)

done it! that stage 5 is definitely epic, took me almost half an hour to complete. One can probably click pause somewhere in the middle but it felt like cheating, so I didn't. In the whole rally, I only had one real off, third split on the epic stage, which cost me about 15 secs, the rest was clean, never played either the car or the stages before. And noticed the game had somehow given me back 1 click worth of ABs and one click of stability (or whatever it's called), thought I had set them all to zero. Thx Ole for the quick start to the new game, was brill.

Finished, so far 2 scratches. SS1 and SS7, but that might change if some aliens arrive on the scene ;).

Had a big crash in SS3, including a puncture and a reset. And with 10km's to go, I decided to change the tyre. Costed me more than 2 minutes, but it was my own stupid mistake haha.

Tyre-wise I could have done it better. Now i drove SS1, 2, 3 and 4 of softs, the mighty SS5 on a new set of softs, and SS6 & 7 on mediums. It may have been better for me to have used the mediums on first 4 stages. That's for next time.

I really like the longer stages compared to Dirt Rally 2.0, already had a lot of fun last days with this game :)

I really like the longer stages compared to Dirt Rally 2.0, already had a lot of fun last days with this game :)
couldn't agree more.
my tire choice was one set of softs before the long stage, medium for that one and then the second set of softs for the remaining stages. Should have used the second soft set for #3 and #4 and then returned to first set for the two remaining ones, didn't realize they were so short. That would have resulted in about 30-35k for each set.

Very much enjoyed the first event. The WRC2 cars were good fun on those stages!
Though I have to admit that 34 km stage nearly brought me to to my limits. That one was difficult.
BTW Thanks for making the club crossplay! Strangely, I prefer playing on a console nowadays. ;)

That long stage was... possibly a bit too much for a first event. I genuinely and foolishly thought that it wouldn't take more than 17-18 minutes, and that it would be a fast stage. "They won't put in a 25 min stage in the game, surely" was my thinking :p
How wrong I was.

Have to take advantage of the opportunities they give. Crossplay are one of them :D

Thanks for putting this together!

It was fun, intense and a struggle lol
Though I'd try a builder vehicle this round, not sure if that was a good idea?

This was my first attempt at Rally and had no practice or familiarity with the stages.

I've always been a RX guy.

Looking forward to spending more time with game and the next round as it's been really fun this far, just hope a performance patch and telemetry/simhub profile will be added soon.

Ya it allowed me...not sure if it balances the car against the other manufacturers or if I was at a disadvantage only using low quality parts to stay under the budget.
It's overall stats were the same as the other cars in class.
I saw it in the final table and was surprised, too. Nice touch, would have been even better if it had shown the fantasy name you have maybe given it. Kurupt 01?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.