RD Rally Club - Light and tight - F2 Kit Cars @ Mediterraneo

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
MTEK5em.jpg

Screenshot taken by @Oscar Hardwick and shared on Steam.
The very first RD Club Rally in WRC was a success. WRC2 in Chile with the mammoth stage was probably not the easiest start. Sadly I have not decided to be Mr.Nice guy for this event either, and we will be bringing out the F2 Kit Cars to drive some stages in Rally Mediterraneo (or "Corsica", as that is easier to write).
No mammoth stage in this rally, and one stage less. Even with more days to complete the rally. But the cars are quick, they are light, and the stages are tight. It will not be a walk in the park.
The weather stays dry for the event, but it will cloud over as the day of rally goes on.

Session Open: 8th of November 00:00 GMT until 12th of November 23:59 GMT
Cars: F2 Kit Car
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 min Service
SS1:
Serra Di Cuzzioli - Dawn - Dry - 7.7km
SS2: Maririe - Sunrise - Dry - 8.5km
Service - 45 min
SS3:
Ravin de Finelio - Morning - Dry - 9.5km
SS4: Cabanella - Morning - Dry - 10.1km
Service - 45 min
SS5:
Monte Alloradu - Afternoon - Dry - 10.7km
SS6: Albarello - Afternoon - Dry - 16.2km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

May the FWD Craziness begin! Feel free to share stories, pics, gifs, videos streams and whatever you feel like in this thread! :)

And as Roy reminded me about...
To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

I don't think I had hardcore damage last rally. We'll see how it all works out after a while, and what settings we should have as a base in the club!
Hardcore damage is fine for me, I just made a mistake at high speed. And for me, (for most I think), the stages are new, this corner just caught me.

Actually I am a big fan of hardcore damage, all assists off and forced cockpitview (is the latter available in WRC?).

Hardcore damage is fine for me, I just made a mistake at high speed. And for me, (for most I think), the stages are new, this corner just caught me.

Actually I am a big fan of hardcore damage, all assists off and forced cockpitview (is the latter available in WRC?).
I'm with you. Just allow bonnet as well for slower PCs like mine, dashboard, steering wheel, hands and especially - I've read - the windscreen suck up power, hence I always play rally games in bonnet view, getting nice 80+fps even with my 1060, which I think is quite amazing.

Assist will be on for club events. For a potential RDRC... that's another matter. Forced cockpit won't happen. There is so many who doesn't sit inside the car for various reasons. (You can't force it afaik).
Also if I am not sure if one can disallow certain assists or not. I haven't checked that, or what counts as a driver assist. Regardless of what settings dictates what, I will never remove anything that removes automatic gearing as an option. We have/We have had multiple people racing and rallying here on RD who haven't been able to use both arms, or any legs etc. Forcing manual might make it impossible to join in, and that isn't something I want to happen.

This is real hard stuff, had to take my T-Shirt off after stage one, sweating ... Tarmac still feels dreadful in everything but high downforce cars, there is a very very limited range in which one can act, plus the narrow track. Found it almost impossible to do proper handbrake assisted hairpins, rear just spun round way too quick, need more practice. But stage2 was my favourite, the one with the narrow village roads at the end, had a bit of a problem with one of the last apexes, though ...

Screenshot 2023-11-09 213027small.jpg

Rally was over halfway into stage 1 for me. I can't get to grips with what feels like 5° rotation from full lock to full lock on asphalt. Hit a rock on the right side, which sent the car across the road to the left, where it did a massive lag in the small rocks along the edge of a cliff, and punctured both my right tyres. With only 1 spare that was the end of the line this time.

I hope for a better run in this weeks rally :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.