RD Rally Club - "Jännerrallye" - Rally2 at Central European Rally 31st Jan to 6th February 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
31YJZ3u.jpeg

Screenshot by Codemaster Vehicle Artist Craig Dower
Jännerrallye. I alwaus thought it was because the area they drove in was known as "Jänner"-something. But no. It's "January Rally". Well... Not for us. For us it is February-rally.
The Rally Club is also a place for testing for potential other stuff. So now, we will test the wetness of a winter-y Central European Rally. It is "snow"-conditions, but in reality it is just wet asphalt. However, if I am correct, we will only have 3 sets of wet tyres available. So it will need to be double-looped. Or maybe... risk a loop with the softest asphalt tyres? Please do note. The tyre you use in shakedown, is the tyre you get an extra set of. You must start SS1 with the tyre you did shakedown on to not just waste that set (see second post for more info)

It will be a slightly longer rally. But an extra day to do it, and it is relatively fast roads.

Session Open: 31st of January 01:00 GMT to 6th of February 01:00GMT
Cars: Rally 2 (not WRC2, so no builder-car!)
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Brusne - Morning - Overcast ("Snow") - 8.8km
SS2: Prikazy - Morning - Overcast ("Snow")- 8.7km
Service - 45 Min
SS3
: Rusava - Morning - Overcast ("Snow") - 14.6km
SS4: Provodovice - Morning - Overcast ("Snow") - 17km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Osicko - Afternoon - Overcast ("Snow") - 9km
SS6: Raztoka - Afternoon - Overcast ("Snow") - 15.4km
Service - 45 Min
SS7
: Vitova - Sunset - Overcast ("Snow") - 8.8km
SS8: Lukovecek - Dusk - Overcast ("Snow") - 32.3km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! and good luck!:thumbsup:

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

I have intentionally put in a longer loop as the 2nd loop, solely due to the tyre-situation.
I have no idea if the best way to do stuff is: New - New - Used - New in wets. Or Wet - Wet - Soft - Wet.
Worth noting: The tyre you use for Shakedown, is the tyre you get an extra set of. You can not mount a previously used set for later. So if you do shakedown on wet to get another set of wet, and change to soft tyres for the shortest first loop, you have wasted a set of tyres.
So: You get an extra set of the tyres you use in shakedown. You must use the set from shakedown on the first loop.

Well, happy to not have TD'd right at the first stage as in the previous event. Regardless, sign posts are still hard and surreptitiously wait for you in slippery high speed sections:
Clipboard_02-02-2024_01.jpg

For the tyres thing, if you do the shakedown on default wets to gain an extra set of wets, and keep them for SS1-SS2, you'll still have 3 new sets of wets to swap in the later 3 services. So there's no need to run in softs or a used set of wets mid-event. For all-wets, it just goes New (shakedown+SS1+2) - New (SS3+4) - New (SS5+6) - New (SS7+8).

Last edited:
For the tyres thing, if you do the shakedown on default wets to gain an extra set of wets, and keep them for SS1-SS2, you'll still have 3 new sets of wets to swap in the later 3 services. So there's no need to run in softs or a used set of wets mid-event. For all-wets, it just goes New (shakedown+SS1+2) - New (SS3+4) - New (SS5+6) - New (SS7+8).

Hmm. I actually did test a bit offline, and I could never seem to get more than 2 sets of new tyres + the ones I had on the car after Shakedown.

That's weird, I didn't even go to the tyre selection menu pre-SS1, and by the pre-SS3 service I clearly remember having 3 new sets of wets available before committing to a set -- at this point I was ready to start doing tyre math per your warning, but still having 3 new wets instead of 2 saved me from that.

I'm assuming I did shakedown+SS1+SS2 on wets per auto-selection instead of softs, but I'd be surprised if on dry softs it handled so "well", plus, that would further limit the amount of wet sets for later.

PS: Eckhart von Glan, have a quick recovery. See you soon on the next!

Last edited:
@Ole Marius Myrvold I'm replying here as I don't have a yt channel for chat, that sign crash at high speed was on SS6, would have been TD if completely head on. But actually on SS1 I've also clipped another sign, unsettled the car before the second to last stage corner and got turned around:
Clipboard_02-02-2024_02.jpgClipboard_02-02-2024_03.jpg
(edit: cropped 1st image so thumbnails fit side-by-side. And yeah, that cost me some SS1 time, and spoiled what had been a careful opening run until then :coffee:)

Last edited:
@Roy Magnes yes, it was that sign (you got closer at SS7)! I didn't go through an epic armco save like yours just before, so my confidence level (vs. skill) was a tad too high to prevent it by the end of the fast section.

Last edited:
The positives first - I survived all the stages this time around! And the rally itself was fun, the challenge of pin point accuracy in higher speeds is really entertaining.

But in hindsight I should have skipped driving it tonight after a long, tiring day at work and rather driven on Sunday when I would have been a bit fresher and more concentrated. Was more frustrated and disappointed in my own driving tonight, but this was the easiest way to get my schedule to work for the weekend...

Looking for the next one, and looking forward to try to look somewhat competent in that rally :laugh:

Beware that it's back to a more regular schedule, so it ends in aprox. 6h30m.
yep, thankfully game told me the correct time when I logged in. Just taking a break before final two stages. Ole, this is sooo super! That slippery surface, you try at all costs to stay off the white, but haven't managed a stage without offs yet. Still: car basically sound, last set of fresh wets bolted on, let's do this!

35 mins later: yes! in my universe that last stage was one of the best I ever played in this game, really got into a flow, also my spin this time ended up on the grey stuff and eventually I beat @Roy Magnes by a couple of tenths (well, only on this stage ...), love it!
Screenshot 2024-02-04 215237.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-04 215047.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play