RD Rally Club - Extreme Estonia - 8th to 13th Feb 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
vJhMjRv.jpeg

Screenshot by @Oscar Hardwick
What's so extreme about Estonia? Well. It is quick, narrow, tricky roads and it is February...

Session Open: 8th of February 00:10 GMT to 13th of February 00:10GMT
Cars: WRC 97-11
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Nüpli - Morning - Overcast ("Snow") - 8.6km
SS2: Koigu - Morning - Overcast ("Snow")- 8.5km
Service - 45 Min
SS3
: Vahessaare - Morning - Overcast ("Snow") - 6.2km
SS4: Vissi - Morning - Overcast ("Snow") - 5.6km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Külaaseme - Afternoon - Overcast ("Snow") - 6.2km
SS6: Truuta - Afternoon - Overcast ("Wet") - 8.6km
Service - 45 Min
SS7
: Otepää - Sunset - Overcast ("Dry") - 17.1km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun!

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Humm, maybe double... :coffee:
Btw, that fast crest into bale warning also applies to Nüpli (SS1), first half of SS7. Just a bit before the gravel show-area with hairpins and deep ditches. Unused to winter conditions, I still got a close call on SS1:
Clipboard_02-09-2024_02.jpg

Bleh, to top an overall bad run with many mistakes, I ended with an unexpected TD on the last stage, around sector 6/8. Went wide entering a 3'ish corner into a tree. What a mundane way to go, not on a blind jump into a sign post, the bale, or a cut into an indestructible low marker pole -- common ways in Estonia. Shame DNF's don't even register on timetables anymore. :unsure:
GL all!

Shortened post, and on a side note: I completely loathe the tyre set management in this game. I was expecting to take slightly worn super softs on the last stage (from SS3+4), but on SS7 I couldn't select an used set prior to the softs chosen on SS5, even if it was listed on the UI. Coming from WRCG in between DR2 and EA WRC, everything tyre management related is a huge step down.

Last edited:
yep, the tire choice is sort of weird or maybe I am too dumb?

anyway, was too dumb on stage2 for Estonian chicanes: When she said: chicane, opening right, I thought of the bales we have everywhere else and stayed more or less middle of the road. Big mistake, crashed headlong into the barriers almost totalling Burns' car. And now I need every scheduled stop to get a bit more of the damage repaired ...

rallyestonia.jpg

(...) only for me to crash into THAT bale (...)
It keeps on giving! Today's stage on the DiRTy Dailies Club (it's a partnered club meant to fill the old DR1/2 dailies vacuum) was back in Nüpli with a faster 2017-21 WRC under Heavy Rain. I forgot about the bale for the nth time, despite having run there yesterday so I didn't point my car correctly. Avoided a crash by passing on its right, but couldn't rejoin in time so I got a brilliant 30s reset (there were a few in this club too), ending in a miserable top 75% percentile.

On the matter of the 206 WRC, I remember it being an unfriendly car in DR2, specially for the likes of Finland/Estonia where longer wheelbase surely helps. For tyre choice, yes, all looks pretty weird and inconsistent (see previous week vs current). Anyway, good job bringing it home. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That was unlucky. Joined to watch a bit before the cursed "Caution, 5 left short over jump, 160.". If the bloody note mentioned "bale on the outside", or at least "keep on the inside", one wouldn't get caught flying into it so often.

Last edited:
I just need to drive this game a lot more before I actually take part in these rallys I think, with all the RBR I am driving it do take some time to adjust back into this game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.