RD Rally Club - 2017 Rally Mexico - 2017-2021 WRC in Mexico - 28th Feb to 4th Mar 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
EkwxeO3.jpeg

Screenshot and livery by @cmrr can be found here
PS: ALL MODDING ON OWN RISK. THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION THAT YOU WON'T GET ONLINE BAN FROM CUSTOM LIVERIES!
To round up our Winter-events, and to have used all 4WD car-classes in the game. We will do the "2017" Rally Mexico with the 2017-2021 WRC class. The unraced VW Polo, or the Ford Fiesta Aero-Monster. Do note that even though it is a winter event, it's not snowing in Mexico!

Session Open: 28th of February 00:30 GMT to 4th of March 00:30GMT
Cars: 2017-2021 WRC
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service
SS1:
Ibarlla - Sunrise - Overcast(wet) - 12.9km
SS2: San Diego - Morning - Cloudy(Wet) - 5.8km.
Service - 45 Min
SS3
: El Mosquito - Morning - Cloudy(Wet) - 6.8km
SS4: Las Minas - Morning - Part Cloud (Dry) - 11.5km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Mesa Cuata - Afternoon - Part Cloud (Dry) - 8.8km
SS6: Alfaro - Sunset - Part Cloud (Dry) - 8km
Service - 45 Min
SS7:
El Chocolate - Dusk - Clear - 26.7km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :D

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Half the rally done and that slippery start is sheer murder and fun. Had at least half a dozen offs but never really dropped down any of the cliffs, fingers crossed. Second half, tonight I guess, running the Polo with the base skin. Repairs are a big topic, just barely getting the most important stuff done each service.
Screenshot 2024-03-01 212048.jpg

Last edited:
Another run in Mexico at sunset/dusk, another adventure trying to find where pacenotes are even supposed to lead:
Clipboard_03-02-2024_01.pngClipboard_03-02-2024_02.png
1) nope, nope, nope, I'm dizzy now, nepo, npeo...
2) a blind 1 left sqr note that only really happens at a later junction a few meters ahead

Still, contrary to the remaining stages (from frequent radiator damage, to two sectors under a puncture), had a fairly clean and enjoyable El Chocolate run. Not fast enough to keep the chase to BlueSpearman, though.
GL all!

Last edited:
yes, El Chocolate was and is absolutely epic, you ain't seen nothing yet, bbbbaby, you ain't seen nothing yet. Picked up a puncture midway and for the first time ever I managed to do a repair (dunno why I was too dumb the other times, it's quite straightforward, ts) but that incident cost me about 1:50 overall. Anyway, I survived, thx for another epic event, Ole, let's see how many will manage to get through.
Oh, yes, and very close between these two chaps after last stage:
close.jpg

yes, El Chocolate was and is absolutely epic, you ain't seen nothing yet, bbbbaby, you ain't seen nothing yet. Picked up a puncture midway and for the first time ever I managed to do a repair (dunno why I was too dumb the other times, it's quite straightforward, ts) but that incident cost me about 1:50 overall. Anyway, I survived, thx for another epic event, Ole, let's see how many will manage to get through.
Oh, yes, and very close between these two chaps after last stage:
View attachment 735013
Being in the wrong end of that one must be really irritating!

@Ole Marius Myrvold I moved to Hards by SS3, so to make SS3/4/5/6 with them, sparing the last fresh Med set just for El Chocolate (for a better chance of a good run).

I was also afraid that keeping Meds from SS1+2 would bite me on the longer dry SS4 even if a short wet SS3 would be ok (and faster). You might have suffered from it, red on Meds by the end of SS4. OTH, I also messed there by dragging a puncture in the last two sectors.

Yet, Hards + Wet in Mexico feels terrible. Even if you were pretty close to my time on SS3 (I expected you to take that stage), I fell off the road right on the 3rd corner or so, caught by surprise with the new lack of grip:
Clipboard_03-03-2024_01.png

Last edited:
@Ole Marius Myrvold I moved to Hards by SS3, so to make SS3/4/5/6 with them, sparing the last fresh Med set just for El Chocolate (for a better chance of a good run).

I was also afraid that keeping Meds from SS1+2 would bite me on the longer dry SS4 even if a short wet SS3 would be ok (and faster). You might have suffered from it, red on Meds by the end of SS4. OTH, I also messed there by dragging a puncture in the last two sectors.

Yet, Hards + Wet in Mexico feels terrible. Even if you were pretty close to my time on SS3 (I expected you to take that stage), I fell off the road right on the 3rd corner or so, caught by surprise with the new lack of grip:
View attachment 735396

I wasn't able to do stages without making some small errors. I think SS3 was the one I should've been fastest on :p

My main issue is the cobblestone-sections. It kills my rhythm, and often my framerate as well :p

Yeah, it's the usual optimization issue on village sections, hits hardest with their artificial light sources on. More so at Sunset/Dusk than Night in some stages, due to foliage + long shadows adding to DIP, causing GPU under-usage.

Last edited:
Humm, might try reducing crowd/shadows/post processing (affects AO on distant trackside objs) to Medium if set to High, if you're having an issue with DIP even during day at those points (assuming you've already set reflections at least to Low). But I fear those red smoke particle effects also don't help. Anyway, could have been uncompiled shaders on the first runs there, seeing some stuff for the first time since last patch/driver update.

@Roy Magnes, extra points for also starting SS3 in style?
Clipboard_03-03-2024_02.png

(And yeah, med-high lights damage doesn't seem as worrying as on DR1/2 for darker night stages)

Last edited:
Humm, might try reducing crowd/shadows/post processing (affects AO on distant trackside objs) to Medium if set to High, if you're having an issue with DIP even during day at those points (assuming you've already set reflections at least to Low). But I fear those red smoke particle effects also don't help. Anyway, could have been uncompiled shaders on the first runs there, seeing some stuff for the first time since last patch/driver update.

I prob. should've edited my last post, but eh.

I have only reduced reflections tbh. Stubborn SOB. I use recommended settings from the game (with reflections either off or on low, I think low). And I feel that should work! :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.