1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RD Racing Club event Monday July 9

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Jonas Lex, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I have made a request for an RD Racing Club event to Yves Larose and he was kind enough to offer me a weekday date (Monday, July 9) to have one of our practise races on that day (evening as always).
    As said before, that could be good advertising and we might find one or two more drivers who would like to join the league.

Before confirming I just would like to make a quick survey because the race would not be on wednesday as originally planned and there should be a decent number of drivers who take part so that it makes sense to organize this race in the Racing Club.

So just post if you think you can make it on that date or not.
    I just make a start and say that I would be there

• Like Like x 4
  2. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

id prefer either the 11th of july or the 18th of july as the next practise race, that keeps it on a wednesday.

i was hoping for at least a 3 week spread between practise races too so we ended up with the last (hungaroring) being about 2-3 week before the season start.

next one will be spa 08, whenever we decide to have it, if all thats cool with nico that is.......

• Like Like x 2
  3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

If the time spread between the practise races is 3 weeks, the next should be on the 18th of July, right? So why not have a "serious fun event" in between on the 9th of July to promote our league via the RD racing club and get some extra attention? ;)

We could use a well known track (maybe one from the later voting) - for example Hockenheim 1999?

David, you're doing a great job in organizing the practise races! :thumbsup: I'll give my best to show up in the upcoming events.

I start a list to be updated by those who are most likely to appear in a possible RD club event (I hope it fills up quickly so it makes sence to give Yves green light):

1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. ...

• Like Like x 5
  4. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

wednesday sound good for me at monday I use run with rF in fun events and the taste of clutch and stick gears on Toyota Celica or some other old cars I cannot miss:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David

i'll stick my name in for a fun race but mondays arent a great day for me so im not a definate for this one but ill try be there if anything is arranged.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean

I'll make it not to bother what track is, Hockenheim or 1 we thinking of later good idea:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  7. 1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean
    5. Alfonso

Mondays are great for me or wednesdays coz i dont work those days :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. 1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean
    5. Alfonso
    6. Bob

Any Monday to Thursday is good with me.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Cool looks like it's filling up. Jonas, is it still enough to give Yves a go?

Which ever track you choose. When the event is published I try to post a decent setup asap. And I hope others do so as well. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes I feel like the necessary number is reached so we'll give it a go. :)
    I'd agree with Reik on the track choice and would choose Hockenheim99 for this event and the format will stay the same as at Monza 2x10 laps with reverse grid.

So it will probably take a few days untill sign up for this event opens but as soon as thats the case I'll post it here in the Presto Forum

• Like Like x 3
  11. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I have an idea about cross promotion. If Nico could host a PrestoGP practice server then and it would be mentioned in the RD Club event thread in the first or second post we might see some new guys on a PrestoGP server.

As a positive side effect we would also get in touch with Hockenheim 1999 (considering the voting) and we all have one place to prepare together for the Club event (including none PrestoGP members).

• Like Like x 3
  12. And when we are having the scheduled practice race, the server should use RD Club password.. All RD members know it and we don't have to deal with public server nuisance...

And:
    1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean
    5. Alfonso
    6. Bob
    7. Kennett

• Like Like x 4
  13. both good ideas, the first person to sign up will just mention the server then :)
    Ive also just made a presentation picture for all future racing club events in RD style, I hope it can be used

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Very cool picture mate! Thx for your work! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. 1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean
    5. Alfonso
    6. Bob
    7. Kennett
    8. Eliezer :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. 1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean
    5. Alfonso
    6. Bob
    7. Kennett
    8. Eliezer :)
    9. Dan

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. 1. Jonas
    2. Reik
    3. David
    4. Sean
    5. Alfonso
    6. Bob
    7. Kennett
    8. Eliezer
    9. Dan
    10.Chirlie

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

I done a lap vid and new setup added to club thread and setup thread.

• Like Like x 4