1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD Meet 2014??

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Simon Bacon, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Right chaps, I've been around RD for a while and raced most of you online over the years. Soooo............how about a meet? Currently, I'm screwed - slipped disc in the back, can't even feel my right leg:cautious: But, I will be back in GTL as soon as the drugs wear off:D

What I'm proposing is a GTL/RD meet. There are many historic events in the UK where we could do it, but I'm suggesting the ultimate!!! Saturday - Goodwood Revival 2014. Having attended in 2012 I can say this the business.

Tickets will go on sale around November. I live in Croydon ( hour-ish drive away) and could put up a couple of folk (sofa bed and couch:)) Aerodrome Hotel is just up the road (proper WWII historical site) and pretty reasonable, plus I can drive 5 folks in my C30.

What do you reckon??

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'd love to Simon, it's a dream of mine to attend Goodwood.
    Unfortunately, it's a huuuuge trip for me. :cry:

3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Sign me up:thumbsup: Watching the livestream now and would love to go there. Was thinking of taking a trip this year but it was not the right time. Fingers crossed for 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Id love to do this but at the moment im not in the position to confirm i can make it..
    i can always turn up and wave a big flag... "its me where are you" :)

5. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

I'm sure you'll be make it at some point Warren:thumbsup: Hope you manage to catch some of it on YouTube. Today is really spectacular (currently rewinding back to the 2nd St Mary's Trophy race:D) I'll post up when the tickets go on sale (will be looking for your flag Rupe:))

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

I would be up for that, but is a bit dificult to me, but it is around 1982km drive there, it would take around 20 hours :D, if it wasn't that i would be glad to be there :thumbsup:

7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'll have a word with @Mark Bushell maybe he'll be up for it and I can tag along with him :) We live in Kent, nr Canterbury

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Very tempting Simon will think it over....;)

9. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

sounds very interesiing simon but need details on ticket prices and will it be for the full weekend..

10. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Get well soon @Simon Bacon !
    I'd love to attend one of them Goodwood events some day but I'm afraid it won't be happening in 2014 already:(

11. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Hi Steven, was £65 for the Sunday in 2012, was thinking of Saturday as historically more of the bigger named drivers seem to be present on the Saturday. However, Sunday also features the Lancaster/Spitfire fly-by, but will just have to see what ticket pricing is for 2014. I'll post back with prices as soon as confirmed. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Ta, Roland. Hope you can (all) do a meet someday. Unfortunately, my back and right leg, plus the amount of codeine I'm on atm, means my hand/eye co-ordination is a bit wobbly. Trying to do some single player practice but it bloody hurts:O_o: Hope to be back soon:D

• Love Love x 1
  13. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Is period dress still a requirement?

15. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Not a requirement but you sort of look odd if you're not. Nothing outrageous, I went in a pair of corduroys, sports jacket, flat cap and pipe a couple of years ago, cost a tenner :D

16. you guys might enjoy this, i did :) its goodwood related so it belongs in this thread

• Like Like x 1