1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

RD Meet 2014??

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Simon Bacon, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Right chaps, I've been around RD for a while and raced most of you online over the years. Soooo............how about a meet? Currently, I'm screwed - slipped disc in the back, can't even feel my right leg:cautious: But, I will be back in GTL as soon as the drugs wear off:D

What I'm proposing is a GTL/RD meet. There are many historic events in the UK where we could do it, but I'm suggesting the ultimate!!! Saturday - Goodwood Revival 2014. Having attended in 2012 I can say this the business.

Tickets will go on sale around November. I live in Croydon ( hour-ish drive away) and could put up a couple of folk (sofa bed and couch:)) Aerodrome Hotel is just up the road (proper WWII historical site) and pretty reasonable, plus I can drive 5 folks in my C30.

What do you reckon??

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes

Ratings:
    +1,818
    I'd love to Simon, it's a dream of mine to attend Goodwood.
    Unfortunately, it's a huuuuge trip for me. :cry:

3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,728
    Sign me up:thumbsup: Watching the livestream now and would love to go there. Was thinking of taking a trip this year but it was not the right time. Fingers crossed for 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,373
    Id love to do this but at the moment im not in the position to confirm i can make it..
    i can always turn up and wave a big flag... "its me where are you" :)

5. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    I'm sure you'll be make it at some point Warren:thumbsup: Hope you manage to catch some of it on YouTube. Today is really spectacular (currently rewinding back to the 2nd St Mary's Trophy race:D) I'll post up when the tickets go on sale (will be looking for your flag Rupe:))

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    I would be up for that, but is a bit dificult to me, but it is around 1982km drive there, it would take around 20 hours :D, if it wasn't that i would be glad to be there :thumbsup:

7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Ratings:
    +966
    I'll have a word with @Mark Bushell maybe he'll be up for it and I can tag along with him :) We live in Kent, nr Canterbury

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium

Ratings:
    +844
    Very tempting Simon will think it over....;)

9. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better! Premium

Ratings:
    +353
    sounds very interesiing simon but need details on ticket prices and will it be for the full weekend..

10. Roland

Roland
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,753
    Get well soon @Simon Bacon !
    I'd love to attend one of them Goodwood events some day but I'm afraid it won't be happening in 2014 already:(

11. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Hi Steven, was £65 for the Sunday in 2012, was thinking of Saturday as historically more of the bigger named drivers seem to be present on the Saturday. However, Sunday also features the Lancaster/Spitfire fly-by, but will just have to see what ticket pricing is for 2014. I'll post back with prices as soon as confirmed. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Ta, Roland. Hope you can (all) do a meet someday. Unfortunately, my back and right leg, plus the amount of codeine I'm on atm, means my hand/eye co-ordination is a bit wobbly. Trying to do some single player practice but it bloody hurts:O_o: Hope to be back soon:D

• Love Love x 1
  13. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
  14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Ratings:
    +966
    Is period dress still a requirement?

15. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Not a requirement but you sort of look odd if you're not. Nothing outrageous, I went in a pair of corduroys, sports jacket, flat cap and pipe a couple of years ago, cost a tenner :D

16. Guus

Guus

Ratings:
    +848
    you guys might enjoy this, i did :) its goodwood related so it belongs in this thread

• Like Like x 1