RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Track looks awesome! great job guys :)
Nice touch with the Dennis and Daiman 'balloon' looking walls at the Variante Alta chicane! don't try run through them, they will win ;)

This was my first race on rf2 and i am very happy :)
I could have picked up the podium but I lost more than a minute in a T1 contact with a GT ( The car is strong, because only 41 seconde of repair for a hit between the pit wall and a M3 is not a lot :D )

I did therace without changing the tire:sneaky: (Medium tire)

I thinks this test race was good for good for trust between pilots. I overtake some GT on T2 and T4 and I am surprised to see in my mirroire GT scared and who leave the track in the grass while I had left all the place necessary. Dont be afraid ;)

At the begin of the race, I had a big problem, I saw only one or two cars in the screens but did not see the one more front. Sometimes I knew I had 5 or 6 cars in front of me, but I did not see any.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks for this race,the organization was very good.

Very good and decent testrace. As always testraces are a bit more rough then races in season but today was good for me.

Strategy worked as I expected it. If I stop spinning 3 times live would have been a lot easier but so I had a very nice fight for the lead until my tyres were done.

Cu at imola
Can confirm that the server lagged after you called it on teamspeak, i experienced the lag 10 sec later and it looks like the gt car in front of me also slowed down.

Can confirm that the server lagged after you called it on teamspeak, i experienced the lag 10 sec later and it looks like the gt car in front of me also slowed down.
Could have been me? I had a massive lag moment in the chicane and went through the grass there.

Thanks Daiman, I have noticed that the GetMod is always painfully slow, mine seems to be downloading at 100 to maybe 300 Kbps.
I has jumped up to 8Mbps for a short time then back to 100 to 300kbps
Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue?
Its taken almost an hour to DL the RD_Imola track and looks to be only 75% complete based on the orange bar :(
I have 150mb connection and it is like dial up speed and usually ends with a tcp error.

Decent testrace for me. I think I figured out how to drive that Porsche as it seemed my pace was decent in the qualifying. However I had to head out after 60 minutes as I had something to do.
The only problem I had was massive lag spikes from time to time, and those always came in very bad situations. It was a problem on my end though, in addition to the server lag that occurred also.
An other thing I noticed was that twice I crashed into a Prototype car which had spun in T1 as I did not get any yellow flags displayed.
And last but not least, as always, thanks for organizing guys.

Teamname: Martini Racing Team [MRT]
Team owner*: Claudio Barrera
Team owner forum name*: Claudio Barrera
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*:Claudio Barrera
Driver 2*:Jaquel
Driver 3:Jony_MRT
Driver 4:Mulder_MRT
Driver 5:
Driver 6:

I shall ensure all drivers are premium members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

*Mandatory

Cheers everyone for the respectful driving. Thanks to the staff for organisation.
Kind of off-pace we did what we´ve planned and practiced driver swapping and were able to at least finish the race.
The live-timing page was very nice to have, but it crashed at the last quarter of the race and for me, didn´t come back.
After announcing it again in teamspeak, there were still people leaving/joining the server caused some lags while already driving.
Anyways, we´ve enjoyed this one and we´re looking forward to Imola. See you there

Another request (sorry.... Lol) not sure how others feel, but can we not do the recon process? From a drivers perspective to me personally it doesn't add anything to the experience and it's a little bit annoying to be honest.

I know when we did it in the Indy league it just seemed like a big mess and since it warps you to your start spot anyway you really just pull it out of the pits and Park it.
HAHA, no worries mate! I must say that I agree with you - the reconnaissance lap will potentially more confusion and trouble than it's worth. Also, as you say, it does not really add much from either a driver's or spectator's point of view, and since cars are "teleported" to the grid if they are not already there, once the time is up, it's kind of pointless - a gimmick really. I shall update the server configuration so that from Round 1 onward cars will be immediately placed on the grid, and then the start procedure shall commence (manual formation lap, and "Green Flag" from Race Control) when the lights go green. :thumbsup:

Thanks Daiman, I have noticed that the GetMod is always painfully slow, mine seems to be downloading at 100 to maybe 300 Kbps.
I has jumped up to 8Mbps for a short time then back to 100 to 300kbps
Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue?
Its taken almost an hour to DL the RD_Imola track and looks to be only 75% complete based on the orange bar :(
I have 150mb connection and it is like dial up speed and usually ends with a tcp error.
GetMod is not the reason for the slowness - the GetMod URL for each of our resources simply redirects to the URL from which the relevant component file can be downloaded, therefore GetMod itself has no effect on the download speed. We use Dropbox for storing and serving our files, so it's actually your connection to Dropbox (to download required resources) that is slow. Whether you download resources directly, from Dropbox, or via rFactor 2 the speed will be the same. The only benefit of downloading directly is that multiple files can be acquired in parallel, whilst rFactor 2 shall only download a single file at a time, but this would potentially be advantageous only if you have a decent network connection speed.

File download speeds are often limited by the client's network connection, but the load on the server where the file is located could also be a limiting factor. In this case I believe both may be to blame. The connection to Dropbox servers has not been the quickest, stablest or most reliable, especially of late, so this can be partially held to account for the some of the slowness, and also the TCP errors. My network connection is able to download at 220 Mbps (and Steam will hit this limit every time I download new games, updates, or Workshop items), but even I experience issues from time to time when downloading files from Dropbox. Unfortunately we cannot make the RDLMS resources available via Steam Workshop because we would like to keep them private, thus using GetMod and an external repository is really the only option.

Last edited:
Track looks awesome! great job guys :)
Nice touch with the Dennis and Daiman 'balloon' looking walls at the Variante Alta chicane! don't try run through them, they will win ;)
You can thank @Gijs van Elderen for his fantastic work on the tracks! :D

The "Dennis & Daiman" chicane was his idea - it is indeed a nice little touch, and never fails to make me chuckle every time I drive past the names. We can assure you, however, that these colourful and deceptively benign looking barricades (of death) will not be visible during the race session (and potentially also the qualifying session - I can't quite remember whether or not this is the case) to save a car from being destroyed by accidentally going into one of them in the final hour of the race! :roflmao:

GetMod is not the reason for the slowness - the GetMod URL for each of our resources simply redirects to the URL from which the relevant component file can be downloaded, therefore GetMod itself has no effect on the download speed. We use Dropbox for storing and serving our files, so it's actually your connection to Dropbox (to download required resources) that is slow. Whether you download resources directly, from Dropbox, or via rFactor 2 the speed will be the same. The only benefit of downloading directly is that multiple files can be acquired in parallel, whilst rFactor 2 shall only download a single file at a time, but this would potentially be advantageous only if you have a decent network connection speed.

File download speeds are often limited by the client's network connection, but the load on the server where the file is located could also be a limiting factor. In this case I believe both may be to blame. Certainly the connection to Dropbox servers has not been the quickest, stablest or most reliable, especially of late, so this can certainly be held to account for the some of the slowness, and also the TCP errors. My network connection is able to download at 220 Mbps (and Steam will hit this limit every time I download new games, updates, or Workshop items), but even I experience issues from time to time when downloading files from Dropbox. Unfortunately we cannot make the RDLMS resources available via Steam Workshop because we would like to keep them private, thus using GetMod and an external repository is really the only option.
Naughty dropbox! Thanks for the detailed reply Daiman, no worries all understood, thank you :)

Nice test, I broke my P2 at lap 20 leading the race, absolutely my gear-change mistake at the S1, couldn't slow down that fast :)´
anyways the test make me feel happy with the car (and mod too).
See all of you at Imola, in a real Race Event, managed carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes