RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kerbs are a bit violent I almost did a forward flip entering the straight and only just touched them. Why are we not utilising the run offs? Too hard to police cutting or some other reason?
Thanks.
That is exactly the reason - the speed bumps / anti-cuts have been added to prevent excessive and prolonged cutting, and to help simplify the stewarding process over the course of a race weekend. Unfortunately some of the run-off areas can be and have been used to gain an advantage, therefore the speed bumps have been added as a deterrent and to force drivers to slow down if they are being overzealous when cornering. Apologies if they seem too harsh, but it's the only way in which we can ensure that the speed bumps themselves cannot also be abused and cars are not continuously exceeding the track limits, without having someone monitor particular corners at all times during all events.

IMPORTANT!

Information regarding full-course yellows has been added to the Additional Regulations for RDLMS Season 7 (v1.1); see here (or below) for more information.

Full-course yellow. When a full-course yellow is called by Race Control there will be a countdown, over TeamSpeak, before it is enforced. Once in effect all cars must immediately slow to a safe speed, and engage their pit limiter. During the full-course yellow period all cars are expected to continue with caution, at a constant speed (i.e. pit-lane speed), and no overtaking shall be permitted. At the end of the period Race Control will state that the danger has cleared, and once again call "Green Flag" following a countdown. The pits shall remain open at all times. NOTE: During the full-course yellow period the session will actually remain green, for technical reasons, and announcements shall be made via TeamSpeak and the rFactor 2 chat box.

That is exactly the reason - the speed bumps / anti-cuts have been added to prevent excessive and prolonged cutting, and to help simplify the stewarding process over the course of a race weekend. Unfortunately some of the run-off areas can be and have been used to gain an advantage, therefore the speed bumps have been added as a deterrent and to force drivers to slow down if they are being overzealous when cornering. Apologies if they seem too harsh, but it's the only way in which we can ensure that the speed bumps themselves cannot also be abused and cars are not continuously exceeding the track limits, without having someone monitor particular corners at all times during all events.
Fair enough, I hope for a long fair race.
It was just a surprise to see and caught me out.

IMPORTANT!

Live timing for tonight's race is now available here.

Please select the appropriate server, from the list of servers displayed at the top of the screen, to view the live timing for this event. If the server list does not appear then please refresh (Ctrl + F5) your browser.

Last edited:
That was a pretty good idea to lock the rear wheels with 5 minutes to go :(
Despite that, that was a nice race, even if I add a few problems with some cars that crashed in front of me :D

See you at Imola :)

Another request (sorry.... Lol) not sure how others feel, but can we not do the recon process? From a drivers perspective to me personally it doesn't add anything to the experience and it's a little bit annoying to be honest.

I know when we did it in the Indy league it just seemed like a big mess and since it warps you to your start spot anyway you really just pull it out of the pits and Park it.

Just want to put out a thank you to everyone who came by today for the test and congratulations to all who finished as it was quite an interesting race.

I'm not sure what happened at T1 on the first lap seeing as it took me a few seconds to reach the apron. All I saw was a pile of unhappy prototypes :D so went around the outside. It set up a great early race battle with a Ferrari which unfortunately crashed out at the bust-stop chicane after a while, though they did get the car going again and fixed it up. I was quite surprised to see it still racing after that impact. :O_o:

The rest of the race was pretty uneventful apart from getting lapped by prototypes. A few issues arose, one of the standouts being one where a prototype decided it was a good idea to pass me on the apron and then rejoin onto the oval, clip my front, nearly sending us both into the wall.

Please guys, be smart about your moves. If you don't have the overlap on a car, and there's no space, don't go for it. When passing GTs, make sure there is enough clearance between you and the GT before rejoining in front of them. Us GTs will do our best to make it easy for you guys to pass but you must remember, we don't have the levels of downforce or braking performance that you guys possess. Therefore, we can't necessarily go off-line in a corner to allow you guys to go by. I understand that you may be trying to keep up with someone ahead, or build a gap on someone behind, but keep in mind that we have our own race as well. :)

Not a big deal though since they were just a few choice incidents, the rest of the race was fantastic and I found the racecraft displayed by everyone to be very good. This is certainly going to be an awesome championship.:)

Imola awaits! :thumbsup:

Also, woohoo I won GT! :D:sneaky:

Last edited:
Very good and decent testrace. As always testraces are a bit more rough then races in season but today was good for me.

Strategy worked as I expected it. If I stop spinning 3 times live would have been a lot easier but so I had a very nice fight for the lead until my tyres were done.

Cu at imola

Very good and decent testrace. As always testraces are a bit more rough then races in season but today was good for me.

Strategy worked as I expected it. If I stop spinning 3 times live would have been a lot easier but so I had a very nice fight for the lead until my tyres were done.

Cu at imola

Mediums and 75 Liters on both stints ?

IMPORTANT!

The custom version of Imola, for the RDLMS, has now been released. This shall be automatically downloaded and installed, via GetMod, when you log in to the server.

The RDLMS team does not wish to publicly distribute this or future track mods, therefore direct download links shall not be provided for these resources. If you require a link due to technical issues then please contact me directly, by starting a conversation with an explanation of the problem that has been / is being experienced. We would like to take this opportunity to also ask you to please not publicly share these mod or make use of them in other leagues or club races. Anybody who is found to have distributed or utilised this mod without prior permission, except for the RDLMS or personal use, shall face disciplinary action - this may include expulsion from the league, and a potential ban from RaceDepartment. Thank you for your cooperation.
Thanks Daiman, I have noticed that the GetMod is always painfully slow, mine seems to be downloading at 100 to maybe 300 Kbps.
I has jumped up to 8Mbps for a short time then back to 100 to 300kbps
Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue?
Its taken almost an hour to DL the RD_Imola track and looks to be only 75% complete based on the orange bar :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes