RD GT Championship 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed out on registering for this event, will there be any chance of been put on a reserve list or will I just keep an eye on event, incase somebody drops out. Thanks

To all registered drivers:

Tonight at 18:30 the server is launched, if you need any beforehand practice you can make use of Frank's Server which details are listed on the event page here

IMPORTANT: If you can't make tonights race make sure to cancell your registration way up front so those who missed out can enter the RDGTC. Please don't be that guy that takes up a slot and doesn't show up.

Make sure to join our Discord server for last minute instructions. You can enter it here

Enjoy the race and have fun with the other drivers tonight. All the best :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Guys!

I quit this championship. It is to much racing for me.
I hope it is enough, if i quit here.
Have fun at the following races.

greets from Austria
Didi

Back marker report.
Congrats to podium and all the rest off you guy´s. Great Race

Doing PB at 1:56:961 and start at 23:rolleyes: Come on whats wrong with you all :alien: ;)

What a race this was:p even though I was turned around at lap 2 or 3 in the last corner before start.
Lost o 4-5 place :( as usualy one take´s care off the front car off you, but not so from behind. :(

But what a start and the 5-6 first corners all respect :thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you all

Screenshot_20201007-231729.jpg

In case you have missed the results. Here are the standings after round one. More in depth stats on the SGP platform.

Back marker report.
Congrats to podium and all the rest off you guy´s. Great Race

Doing PB at 1:56:961 and start at 23:rolleyes: Come on whats wrong with you all :alien: ;)

What a race this was:p even though I was turned around at lap 2 or 3 in the last corner before start.
Lost o 4-5 place :( as usualy one take´s care off the front car off you, but not so from behind. :(

But what a start and the 5-6 first corners all respect :thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you all
I was a couple of cars behind you when I found you parked :roflmao: at last corner and couldn't miss your car... :D
It was an amazing race for me, a couple of mistakes I should have avoided and at the end I was really tired... But great race. I am looking forward to the second round :thumbsup:

Thanks all for the race, and thanks to Admin for setting it all up.

I really enjoyed the event, everything ran smoothly and efficiently.

I qualified in 15th spot, and was pleased with that given the entry was well over 30, though I figured there'd be a few drivers behind who'd not found space on track during qually to set their best time.

The race started well, and once things settled down, I was around the P20 mark (I rarely gain places on the opening lap). Through the race, I gradually moved up a bit, and although I lost a few seconds in the pit (I struggle placing my car for the pit stops, and either park too short, or overshoot), found myself in a very safe P17 (with P16 and P15 just a second or so ahead).

Had some good close racing with Rafael Navas along the way, we both made some little mistakes, but there was never any contact.

Then, with a couple of minutes to go, under braking for the Veedol Chicane, I had a right front tyre blow out :O_o:. I've never had one of those in ACC before, and it came really out of the blue. I'd pitted quite late (32mins approx), so had only done just over 20mins on the 2nd set.

Do random blow outs occur in ACC? I didn't feel I'd been locking or going off track to damage the tyres excessively.

It felt really realistic (as far as my knowledge of tyre blow outs go...only had one in a Nissan Mica once....not a GT3 car :) ). Luckily I was right at the end of the lap, so pitted.

I had no idea how to configure the tyre/pit management for just a change of fronts, so after parking shy of the pit spot, to work out what to do, I took 4 tyres.

Came back out in P26 and made up 1 position on the final lap.

In the end, with the points system, it only cost me 8 points.

I need to learn the pit menu though.

Thanks again, and see everyone at Silverstone.

Thanks all for the race, and thanks to Admin for setting it all up.

I really enjoyed the event, everything ran smoothly and efficiently.

I qualified in 15th spot, and was pleased with that given the entry was well over 30, though I figured there'd be a few drivers behind who'd not found space on track during qually to set their best time.

The race started well, and once things settled down, I was around the P20 mark (I rarely gain places on the opening lap). Through the race, I gradually moved up a bit, and although I lost a few seconds in the pit (I struggle placing my car for the pit stops, and either park too short, or overshoot), found myself in a very safe P17 (with P16 and P15 just a second or so ahead).

Had some good close racing with Rafael Navas along the way, we both made some little mistakes, but there was never any contact.

Then, with a couple of minutes to go, under braking for the Veedol Chicane, I had a right front tyre blow out :O_o:. I've never had one of those in ACC before, and it came really out of the blue. I'd pitted quite late (32mins approx), so had only done just over 20mins on the 2nd set.

Do random blow outs occur in ACC? I didn't feel I'd been locking or going off track to damage the tyres excessively.

It felt really realistic (as far as my knowledge of tyre blow outs go...only had one in a Nissan Mica once....not a GT3 car :) ). Luckily I was right at the end of the lap, so pitted.

I had no idea how to configure the tyre/pit management for just a change of fronts, so after parking shy of the pit spot, to work out what to do, I took 4 tyres.

Came back out in P26 and made up 1 position on the final lap.

In the end, with the points system, it only cost me 8 points.

I need to learn the pit menu though.

Thanks again, and see everyone at Silverstone.
A puncture can occur in ACC after heavy damage on the carcass of the tyre, this usually happens after pushing the tyre while it is cold, or if your pressures are to low. But it can also happen if the tyre gets overheated heavily.
Considering it happened 20 min after your pit stop, it makes me think your tyre pressures have been setup incorrectly at your pitstop, you might want to check that out. They were probably too soft in combination with low ambient and heavy kerb riding this can go completely wrong :).

Last edited:
A puncture can occur in ACC after heavy damage on the carcass of the tyre, this usually happens after pushing the tyre while it is cold, or if your pressures are to low. But it can also happen if the tyre gets overheated heavily.
Considering it happened 20 min after your pit stop, it makes me think your tyre pressures have been setup incorrectly at your pitstop, you might want to check that out. They were probably too soft in combination with low ambient and heavy kerb riding this can go completely wrong :).
Ah thanks for that. I'll have to check the pressures that were set for the pit stop. It could be that they were too low (I did take a bit out from the default on the starting setup, I think...but only marginal). I didn't actually check that the pit-stop pressures were any different from my starting setup...Note to self: Double check this before Silverstone! :thumbsup:

If damage is taken into account for things like hitting curbs or a run in the gravel, then that's a good thing (for the realism). On the lap I got the puncture, I did take a wider line approaching the final chicane, so maybe took too much curb at that time.

My hud info didn't suggest any overheating on the front tyres at any point in the race. My rears were getting a bit high at one point.

Thanks again for the tip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back