RD GT Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne my guess is that they either use not friendly user templates or they are not skinning the cars with templates, they might paint it directly on the 3D model so thats explain why they have to do the templates.

RDGTC S4 Trailer Released

Video by Tim Hogendoorn

The fourth season of RDGTC marks the return of an iconic car to RaceDepartment. We welcome back the BMW M3 GT2 into our community as The Beast from Munich will be the star featuring in a new five round GT championship.
This monday 60 of the worlds best GT drivers will do whatever is in their power to qualify themselves for the top group of the league.
Want to join this prestigious championship? Click here to read all about how you can join the RDGTC S4!

Btw. why is the league not in the leage thread on the main forum page like for example RDHGP and so on. All the time i have to click race07/racing leagues/ and RDGTC. Thats annoying :tongue:, its the same thing with the nations cup!
Else everything is fine :redface:

Okay, I hate to be a pain, but I think it's absolute bull crap that prequali is on Nordschleife. Just ridiculous, really. Thread was posted a week ago announcing the track, but this is the ONE track in the world that you need prior experience on to be any good. I make a point to rarely complain about anything like this, but I really hate this decision. It's not in the spirit of what prequali is about, and that's taking the 30 fastest drivers out of a bunch of guys and letting those drivers compete in the regular season. There are drivers who know Nordschleife like the back of their hand, but will be average or get killed on other circuits where it's easier for drivers to come to grips with. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would run a prequali on a track like this. I'm very curious as to the reasoning...

Alright, I'm done ranting now. And yes, I'm jaded with my opinion here, because I'm one of those drivers that has taken about 5 laps here (and when I say 5 laps, I mean for my whole time sim-racing) and has no chance to get inside the top 30. But I thought it needed to be said anyway. I don't like this move at all.

Agree with Danny. It's a very very very specific track. My concerns about the inequality of those who are familiar with the track and those who did not know it, were described previously. I also saw the track for the first time in my life (driving sim). And even two or three weeks of preparation will not be enough to overtake those who knew track with ​​closed eyes. It remains only to train and hope for good luck.

Weird an agressive reaction Danny as it was annouced more than a week ago and the server has been online for days to practice. With all respect, but GT drivers that race GTR Evolution must have been driving on this track before.

Taking this ultra long track will eventually show the true strength of people (if they have practiced before of course). The last time we did a prequally in the RDTCC on Indianapolis Road Course we had drivers doing 500-1000 laps during the prequally days and believe me even the worst simracer in the world will squeeze a lucky lap with such amount of laps.

Now we drive a track where lucky laps will not exist. Practice masters and a week should be more than enough to get yourself up to speed.

But common seriously, don't tell me you've never driven the Ring before as an owner of the GTR Evolution game? :)

to be honest with me the track could be anything. prequal is what prequal is, the chance for you to pop some laps in as best you can. i think my racecraft is stronger than my quali performances so we'll see where we end up. i think the trick to this track is though to stay calm and drive smooth in the car. if you try to nail a fast lap you're risking mucking it up. pop a banker in then try and trim that back a little. its a long course to keep making mistakes on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.3%