RD GP Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally know this timing stuff, but I'm never quite sure if all countries account for daylight savings. There was some confusion in my club races about this as well. Now I'm the one that's confused because of it. :D

So is the race today or tomorrow? Or was it yesterday, if it was yesterday then how did I go, I will check the results tomorrow for todays race, unless of course it actually was yesterday

Yes, perhaps I will. Although over an hour on the phone with ISP technical support, 3 firmware upgrades on 2 different devices, 1 trip to the store to buy a new router and complete new set of LAN cables, so I might just hit the red wine instead.

It's tomorrow already Tony. Today's race was yesterday I think. It depends on weather RaceDepartment's servers are north or south of the international date line.

I don't think the league rules are clear enough. If you are signed up and have not given notice of absence, then you have an obligation to race. If you give notice of absence late, but before the start of the event (as you have done), then you will start the following race from the back of the grid.

If you've gone to those lengths to get it fixed in order to hopefully race, why would you not race in the end?

Really not happy. The participation for each round this season has been a total joke. We had 33 sign ups to begin with and not a single round has gone by where we've managed to get even close to 30. :(

I'd made up 9 places. Went from 22nd to 13th, when AC froze right as I was passing @Fred Locklear out of the high speed chicane. Waited 5 seconds before deciding to press Alt-F4 in case I was still somehow on the track. Hope I didn't hit anyone.

In 475+ hours of AC it's never done that to me before :cry:

Good fun at the start @Jack + @Aidan Keranen :thumbsup: The race hasn't finished yet, but I might as well go ahead and congratulate @Sun Levi for his inevitable win!

Thanks to Chris and Tony.

Q: 2
R: 2

That was the toughest race of the season for me, mainly because I simply couldn't get comfortable in my chair. #OfficeChairRacingFTW

Got a clean start but had to go slightly defensive into turn one as @kedy89 had a very good start. From there I was able to gradually pull away from Tobi. With 10 laps to go my tyres were completely trashed. I think I was running too stiff suspension. Helped in qualifying, but hurt me on the long run pace. I could see @Tobias Röhner closing somewhat but it tapered off and I was able to maintain a 5 second gap.

Congrats on the win @Sun Levi, fantastic driving!

Quali: 9th
Race: 10th or 11th

Had a lot of fun in this race. Lots of tight battles especially with @SK and @Casper. Evan you are one hard person to overtake! Nice and clean too.

Unfortunately I had an incident with @Shawn Jacobs at turn 1. I stupidly forgot to save the replay so I can't look to see if I was at fault. So again sorry Shawn if it was.

Was going good again after that and caught up to Jamie and Evan and also @Sniper who had some damage. They decided to do some synchronised spinning coming out of the second hairpin and unfortunately I couldn't squeeze my way through. So with yellow damage all round I continued.

2 laps to go I had a lapse of concentration which led to @Aidan Keranen catching up to the back of me. Managed to hold him off until Sun crossed the line to win in front of us but the lap after (which I thought wasn't needed as Sun had already won a lap ahead) he got past me. Does that count or do I actually lose that position in the end??

Overall a really good race with something happening pretty much every lap!

Cheers to @Chris Stacey and Tony again for organising :thumbsup:

Oh yeah and Congrats to the guys on the podium. :)

well done sun ( i pasted that as i have it on clipboard ,use it a lot)

sorry ash cow, think i hit you under braking first corner :(

lost my wing then and raced whole race heavy damaged, great tassles with matt, much faster as he was, what happened alex? sorry fred in qualy :(

the number one worst race on planet, although started to find qualy pace for a brief minute.

Thanks chris and tony for your work

Results from Round 4 - Nurburgring
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Quali: 9th
Race: 10th or 11th

Had a lot of fun in this race. Lots of tight battles especially with @SK and @Casper. Evan you are one hard person to overtake! Nice and clean too.

Unfortunately I had an incident with @Shawn Jacobs at turn 1. I stupidly forgot to save the replay so I can't look to see if I was at fault. So again sorry Shawn if it was.

Was going good again after that and caught up to Jamie and Evan and also @Sniper who had some damage. They decided to do some synchronised spinning coming out of the second hairpin and unfortunately I couldn't squeeze my way through. So with yellow damage all round I continued.

2 laps to go I had a lapse of concentration which led to @Aidan Keranen catching up to the back of me. Managed to hold him off until Sun crossed the line to win in front of us but the lap after (which I thought wasn't needed as Sun had already won a lap ahead) he got past me. Does that count or do I actually lose that position in the end??

Overall a really good race with something happening pretty much every lap!

Cheers to @Chris Stacey and Tony again for organising :thumbsup:

Oh yeah and Congrats to the guys on the podium. :)
All good mate, most likely a racing incident, like you I don't have a replay so I'm not too worried, we didn't loose too much at the time but then that bloody chicane did me in and ruined my race, I will have nightmares about that thing lol hope to have some more good battles in the final round at imola!

Some bad luck and some mistakes but it wasn't all that bad.

Practice was total cr*p, because my brain decided it didn't know what to do when it came to the chicane. I was constantly late on entry. Qualifying didn't go to well until my last lap when everything on my delta meter was green. Said a hail mary at the chicane and ended up 10th on the grid.

Had some trouble in the race because of the high ping the cars were just slightly moving forward/back side/side. Really hard to gauge positions. This led to a couple of taps and associated spins for me. Lost a few spots but I was still in the hunt .

Then I had the inevitable bobble at the entry to the chicane. My only hope was to shoot the gap between the kerb ramp and the wall. I lucked out and smacked the wall head on. Stupid me decided to see how it would drive even though I was at the pit lane entry. After two wasted laps, I pitted for repair and tyres. I should have done it earlier because the repairs went way quick, and was waiting for the tyre change to leave.

Car felt way better and was putting in some good laps times at the end. Shoulda pitted earlier and I may have placed higher in the standings

Imola
Ugh.

Q: 3rd
R: 5th

Nailed a great time in my last lap in quali, despite slaloming around a spinning @Aidan Keranen at the start of the lap, which probably cost me a bit. Unfortunately it seems I exceeded track limits in turn 4, so awaiting a penalty for that.

Had a great start, and could hold on to 3rd. In the first few laps I was able to follow @Chris Stacey, until I started looking in my mirrors. Worst thing I could do, as it always slows me down. Started making more and more small mistakes, allowing @Tobias Röhner and @IRobot to close the gap. Tobias got past after a couple of laps, but at least it seemed that I could keep Stephen behind. Until I made a mistake in the chicane, where I was lucky not to spin or end up in the wall. Dropped behind Stephen to 5th though, and remained there until the end.
Not that happy as I think I could've remained in 3rd if I had looked at the gap to the car ahead rather than the one behind. Always ruins my pace when I do so.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Q: 16th
R: 8th

Generally slow, but didnt do any practice so that was to be expected.

Started cleanly. Dodged the carnage. Following Pyatt and Jacobs for a while. Holding off Talbot for as long as possible. Knew I wasn't fast enough to overtake anyone so just cockblocked as much as possible.
Other peoples mistakes kept bringing me into contention. Eventually ended up 8th while only posting the 16th fastest lap of the race.
Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play