RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries mate :)
Just keep in mind that being on the reserve list doesn't necessarily guarantee you a race. But, if someone can't make it to a particular round in January and beyond, then you'll be the first one I'll contact :)
That makes sense. I am currently trying to set up Shadowplay and Assetto Corsa on my laptop. Who knows, maybe I can set up a stream for the events if Kunos implements some better spectator features by the time the championship rolls around. Next best thing if I don't get to race^^

Is there any way to make the skins a little less shiny? I'm a noob at skinning and my paint looks like it has a ton of gloss on it in game.
Hope there won't be any penalties for ugly skins, mine sure won't be as tidy as Mr. Vandevennes work :D.

Is there any way to make the skins a little less shiny? I'm a noob at skinning and my paint looks like it has a ton of gloss on it in game.
Hope there won't be any penalties for ugly skins, mine sure won't be as tidy as Mr. Vandevennes work :D.
If it looks shiny like this:
ppOMtbM.png

it is because you need to save it as DDS, DXT5 ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha. I made the same mistake when I made my skin at first. Then it'll look much better with correct alpha.

If it looks shiny like this:
ppOMtbM.png

it is because you need to save it as DDS, DXT5 ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha. I made the same mistake when I made my skin at first. Then it'll look much better with correct alpha.
Yes, that's exactly how it looks. Only even worse because my base color is white.
I'm using Gimp 2.8 and don't see an "DXT5 ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha" option anywhere, my options (when exporting) are:
BC3/DXT5,
BC3n/DXT5n,
Alpha Exponent DXT5,
YCoCg DXT5,
YCoCg scaled DXT5
and some others without DXT5 in the description.
Just tried them all, no luck.

Thanks for the help, you don't happen to know where i can find that ARGB 8bpp in Gimp?

Yes, that's exactly how it looks. Only even worse because my base color is white.
I'm using Gimp 2.8 and don't see an "DXT5 ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha" option anywhere, my options (when exporting) are:
BC3/DXT5,
BC3n/DXT5n,
Alpha Exponent DXT5,
YCoCg DXT5,
YCoCg scaled DXT5

Thanks for the help, you don't happen to know where i can find that ARGB 8bpp in Gimp?
I used photoshop, so I am not sure about Gimp. If you want to send me your psd I can do it for you though, unless someone else here knows the gimp settings?

I used photoshop, so I am not sure about Gimp. If you want to send me your psd I can do it for you though, unless someone else here knows the gimp settings?
Great, guess i'll be adding dirt layers, now that i know my dirt won't be glossy :).
I think my sister has photoshop on her laptop, haven't seen her baby for a month so it might be a good occasion for a quick family meeting :D.
Chances are high i'll come back to your offer though, thanks.

Fair play to you mate, Great news on the formula open wheeler league, i just wish the EU guys would take note and follow suit. by far the best and most balanced open wheeler in the game. Good luck it will be a cracking league.

If the skin is too shiny you need to darken the alpha channel. In Photoshop it's under "Channels" tab, don't know about GIMP though. Generally, using black colour on alpha channel reduces the reflectivity while making it white makes it very shiny. And of course different parts of a car may have different reflectivity. From what I see in the PSD template, alpha channel is rather grey so it may also be the case why the car shines so much.

BC3/DXT5,
BC3n/DXT5n,
Alpha Exponent DXT5,
YCoCg DXT5,
YCoCg scaled DXT5

For Gimp, I believe you need to export using the "BC3/DXT5" export option.
Make sure save 'As cube map' and tic the box 'generate mipmaps'

There is no need to change the alpha channel in any way. Its from Reiza's vee template.
If the export settings are good it works fine.:)

For Photoshop use these settings
iGg5Oah.png

Last edited:
I had already joined another league on Sundays and I thought i could do both but it's cutting to close and I would hate to take somebody's spot with so much interest. So regrettably I must withdraw my name. Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back