RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.. after a bit of thinking perhaps i was a bit to hasty to quit the league.. i obviously didnt read the small print about the promotion system .. but i was gutted not being able to carry on my battle with dave begley.. was fired up for this one.. so if im allowed i will be there tonight in group 2, and do my damn best to get back in the top flight... i also would like to apoligise if i have offended any one..

ok.. after a bit of thinking perhaps i was a bit to hasty to quit the league.. i obviously didnt read the small print about the promotion system .. but i was gutted not being able to carry on my battle with dave begley.. was fired up for this one.. so if im allowed i will be there tonight in group 2, and do my damn best to get back in the top flight... i also would like to apoligise if i have offended any one..
nahh didn't offend me but it didn't make sense you quitting as bram said it before the league even started :D

Welcome back, hopefully i'll see you Rnd 3 in Group 1

Impossible how a laped guy is putting pressure on me. And then i see him dive in my mirrors and to avoid the colision go to the grass hit the barrier and lost the rear wing. I'm starting to believe that i'm doomed in RD.

Sorry guys.

This was a very poor showing for me, but I would appreciate it if somebody could explain a few things for me as it seems GSC is a bit different from rFactor when it comes to serving penalties or I am confusing one sim for another. Either way, I'd like to know for sure for the next race:

1) For starters, I have been having PC issues, so I barely made it in time for qualification by the time I was done restarting my PC

2) To my horror, my Logitech G25 wheel was centering between 10:00 and 11:00 O'clock instead of Noon/Midnight. Very confusing it turns out. Much more than I would ahve tought.

4) I start 15 but I let those behind me pass me. However, inside of 5 laps or so I am just outside the top 10 and gunning for a couple of cars ahead of me. This is where the confusion happens:

5) I lose control and hit the barrier. I rejoin in p15 and limp to the pits. I am there for 154 seconds. An eternity. When I rejoin I am just ahead of p7 (I am not sure if one or two laps down. Probably 2)

6) p7 is about 8 to 10 seconds behind and he is not gaining that much. After 3 laps he is closing but just barely. However, I get a blue flag warning. I can barely see his car in the mirror.

Eventually I get a notice that if I don;t let him by I am going to get a penalty, so I actually slow down and let him pass me.

That's when the bizarre really happens. After I let him by, I notice I have a drive through penalty! I drive until the last possible lap to serve it and I pit again.
In the pits, I enter my red pit stall and the game starts changing my tires. But on my pit display I didn't see any sort of notice or alert or choice to make.

15 seconds later I exit the pits, and the penalty is still stuck in the upper corner of the screen. By now, I am furious and in no mood to continue racing. My wheel is pinting somewhere west of north, I am 4 laps down or so. I am thinking that today is not my day (my PC Issue earlier went on from 6am to race time).

What I would like to know is this: What should have have done with P7 when the driver was barely 3/10 of a second faster than me per lap? Can that be tuned up a bit? I race GTR2 in a league every week and that's never happened to us.

2) How do you server a drive through penalty? Do I actually ignore my stall and drive through? I seem to recall there was a choice to take in the pit menu and press enter, but I didn;t see it. I'll see if I can get a penalty in practice and see how I can serve it.

Thank you for any answrs. Sorry for my poor showing and hopefully I didnot bother anyone in the procees.

One more thing: Someone had their microphone on in Teamspeak. I could hear him talk to himself and several background noises. Whoever it was, you may want to check the Teamspeak threshold :)

Drove like an idiot tonight, think I made more mistakes and contacts with people than I completed laps, sorry to everyone involved. Didn't deserve 3rd in the end, won't be surprised if I end up with 5 or so penalties either.

Impossible how a laped guy is putting pressure on me. And then i see him dive in my mirrors and to avoid the colision go to the grass hit the barrier and lost the rear wing. I'm starting to believe that i'm doomed in RD.

Sorry guys.
I'm sorry Diogo, I wasn't putting pressure on you. Just wanting to follow you and catch up with the guys ahead of me. About the accident I didn't dive on your inside. For some reason you spun off. Maybe I hit you becuase of lag. But I didn't want to overtake someone who has lapped me for obvious reasons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back