RD Friday Open Series

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
RD Friday Open Series

I'm sure by now you're all aware of the great racing series and events that have been organised here at RaceDepartment for iRacing for our licensed members. We've got a full schedule of events this summer which we're sure many of you will enjoy but we think it would be great to also organise an event that would reach out to the wider iRacing community and show them what a fantastic group of drivers we have here and encourage them to come and race with us on a regular basis. To do this we've been advertising events in the iRacing hosted forums but taking it a step further we're going to be running an event this Friday in a hosted session with no password. We'd like to see as many of our regular drivers attend as possible and demonstrate the free, clean online racing that is the foundation that RaceDepartment was built upon so that we may welcome more iRacing fans into our racing club for future events.

For now we are thinking about one of two options:

VW Jetta @ Brands Hatch Indy
IndyCar @ Mid-Ohio

The Jetta would be more casual and the Indycar might give crashes if we have an open server. Your opinion is welcome.

LOL, the thread is going from left to right :)

Lets make a decision very soon, we need to schedule it/etc.etc.
We have Jetta @ Brands Hatch Indy or Spec Racer/Mazda @ Lime Rock for this Friday.

Pick your choice (please only if you will race this Friday!) soon.

Well as a complete NOOB as you put it to iracing personaly i dont mind if i can race here or have to use the iracing servers to get my race craft up. However as long as you do have NOOB events sometimes, RD is about all people being able to race some are fast some are slow but this community is about everyone.

I didn't want to sound as if I didn't want to see any 'Rookie' races (where only default content is being used) or even frown upon new iRacers joining the RD scene.

There's nothing more I would like to see than the RD iRacing community continue to grow and see grids packed with racers (and not have the Star Mazda scenario where we get 30 plus signups, yet only 15 or so turning out for most of the series later races).

As we seem to be making a grand job of organising races for a good number of days each week (excluding weekends which are usually put aside for RD race series), what about making one of the week nights a 'Rookie Race Night' where only content taken from the standard iRacing subscription is used? There's plenty to go at and some interesting combo's could be put together.

Just a thought.

:cool:

Since recruiting is one of the goals of this session, it would be nice to have one at a North American friendly start time ( eg Practice start time: 01:00GMT (9 PM EDT)). There is a huge NA iRacing membership and very few of them race with us here @RD. Just a suggestion.

I didn't want to sound as if I didn't want to see any 'Rookie' races (where only default content is being used) or even frown upon new iRacers joining the RD scene.

There's nothing more I would like to see than the RD iRacing community continue to grow and see grids packed with racers (and not have the Star Mazda scenario where we get 30 plus signups, yet only 15 or so turning out for most of the series later races).

As we seem to be making a grand job of organising races for a good number of days each week (excluding weekends which are usually put aside for RD race series), what about making one of the week nights a 'Rookie Race Night' where only content taken from the standard iRacing subscription is used? There's plenty to go at and some interesting combo's could be put together.

Just a thought.

:cool:

Daz i didnt take it like that mate i obviously came across wrong. What i ment was more or less exactly what you just said about the rookie races.

Only the Cup is included, to make is fair for everyone .
The Rookie night is an excellent Idea, and the Thursday is still free :)

But first things first, I need vacation.. From week 30 i will be active again in this forum. For now enough mid-week events are already scheduled.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back