RD Formula Pro Series S5 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8ikOI.png

RDFPC Season 5 discussion thread

Oh yeah the team order decision from last year. :D
Vrba was infront of Kevin and Mikael. And Mikael just needed to overtake Kevin to win the Championship.
And Kevin is his teammate. But Mikael didnt issue a teamorder to let him pass even when Kevin ask what he wanted him to do. :D

Can be close also this year. Like i said pole position/fastest lap points can be a decider also.

I am terably sorry I didn't make it to the final race at the end. I really wished I could because Suzuka was my favorite track. :(

Thank you Ivo and RD for an other fantastic season. I really wish I could atleast finish one race but unfortunatly this will be a season to be forgoten as I never managed to even finish a single race.

Puh, this race was a bit ill-fated for me. Due to a injury from a soccer match on Saturday of the week before I was not able to do any practice until today. For that I was pretty pleased with the setup and pace I had found.

After the start a couple of cars passed me on the inside through the first right handers. Later also Morten passed me after a little mistake, but some laps later Morton had a slide and I won that position back. I was just getting my rhythm and hoped to close the gap to Jan when I spun in the hairpin. I was a bit surprised because I did not usually had problems there. Maybe I was a bit unconcentrated, maybe it was the missing routine. Being in a hurry to leave the track I bumped into a wall, lost my front wing and had some bad suspension damage. Even after repair the car was literally doing what it wanted to. The logical consequence was another crash 1.5 laps later.

Now that the season is over I'd like to send a big, big "Thank you" to Ivo . The way you manage all the league stuff and your dedication is amazing. You are making it possible for us all to have such an enjoyable time. Thanks also to all others involved (RD, Yari and Rayn for the videos, Can for the flyers, ...).

And of course - it was a pleasure to race with all of you guys.

cu on track - hopefully in another season :D

This was about my worst league ever I believe, finished 1 time :D
Was really stuggeling with the car every race, was not able to get a hold on it somehow. Never the less I still had fun, more finishes would be even more fun :) Maybe next time.

Thanks Ivo and others for the hard work!!

:( I got penalty then pitted but must have got another and dq next time over line lol , was great racing with Bruno through race was great close stuff early on and through pits. I should have at least finished unfortunatly.
My 1st real go at playing rf with this league and this season i had really some good races and only 1 dnf down to crash in montreal im pleased with apart from the dq tonight :) .
Big thanks to Ivo and all you guys been great fun racing hopefully cya guys in another season :cool: And grats to the champ!!

Sry man but you are wrong…. I had the racing line and i needed to take the corner or run myself of.
Im sorry that your race ended but you can’t force your way through…. If you had got the advantage before the corner … fine.... but you had not so you needed to back of really and take the next chance.

I had a sufficient overlap before we entered the turn and you pushed me over the kerb - you can't bully me out of the way.

You can quite easily still give space and not have to run off the track there, it's actually one of the widest parts of the circuit

Once again I’m sorry for your race but I don’t agree with you

You as a staff member should know the procedure to follow. ;)

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)
Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

I absoultely do. That said, that isn't going to stop me posting about my race in this thread, as it is a factual account of what happened. You will also find that this is the forum and not the chat in race.

I thought a forum was a place to discuss things. I havn't been disrespectful in any way.

I stupidly crashed out at turn 1 after 25 laps, limped back to the pits on 3 wheels but the pit guys wouldnt let me back out, my first stint of 18 laps was some of the best racing i have had at RD let alone in the RDFPC, it was great fun battling lap after lap with Adam and Andreas, I got in front at one stage but Adam soon snatched it back, we entered the pits together and I thought I was going to jump him but the pit guys repaired some damage I wasnt even aware of and my stop took about 16 seconds and I came out about 4 seconds behind Adam, and then I crashed while in sixth aaaarrrgghhh :D never mind it was fun while it lasted, grats to Jamie for the championship and to Bruno for beating me into the top ten, consistency won out ;)

Thanks Ivo for organizing a brilliant championship, I cant wait for next season.

As I had done very little pratice for Suzuka I wasn't that confident I would be in the pace.
Qualy I got 10th, my best lap was my 1st attempt, so a bit disapointing I couldn't improve that time.

Race: 6th

This time I got a good start, initially I got Martin off the line but suddenly Adam appeared from the smoke and I had to take a bit of avoiding action which droped back to 11th.
As I hadn't done any long runs I went with the Medium's, I don't know what tyres most ppl were on but as I couldn't get away from Sean from the whole 1st stint.

I am guessing with a 2 extra laps I got a bit of time on Sean and somehow I closed up right on Martin (he was about 10 secs ahead before the stops). But I made a mistake in the Degner's and almost went out of the race.
Now I was Behind Sean, I was strugguling a bit with the balance as I changed the tyres to the soft compound. I kept my pace till lap 36 were I closed up to Sean just as we were pitting.

Sean went to the pits again (I am guessing he got a drive through penalty) then I just cruised to the finnish.

Grats to our new Champion Jamie, and Thanks to Ivo and the rest of the RD Staff.

Well so make it short, I went for a 1 stop soft tires race, turend out that the soft tires wassent good but the 1 stop was, Start of the race wassent good as I spun the rear tires of the line, and got passed by a couple of cars, had a little battle with Nico but he won that one, I noticed that my rear tires was starting to overheat and that resultet in me spinning out of the 2nd corne on lap 7 or so, and just avoided beeing hit by the line of cars that had started to form behind me, 3-4 I think, I went on with the race but I was starting to loos a lot of time, so I made a quick desition to take an extra pit stop on lap 11 or so, changed to medium but no refuel, so now on fresh tires I started to drive like hell to catch up the lost time, and when the others had taken their pitstops I was back in about 2-3 potition, took my planned stop on lap 26, and drove reasonable well on the mediums again and started to do the lap times I had expected to do, after the second round of pitstops I was in 3rd with Hall infront only ca. 2 sek ahed, I tryed to catch him but it was a slow proses, cos I only gained about 1-2/10 per lap on him :) but near the end I had finaly closed the 2 sek gap, it took me 15 laps:cool:, and on the last lap I got passed Hall in the hairpin, to go into 2nd, but at the entrance to spoon Hall was on the inside of me, but I knew I could go a bit faster there becous I had more downforce, but I couldent get the car turned and ran over the curb on the outside and that slowed the car down enugh to lat Hall passed again, so my only chanse to get 2nd back was the last chicane, I braked a bit later than Hall and nearly hit him, but it wassent enugh as he got a better exit, and I had to settle for 3rd ;)

and in qually I was 4th:cool:

and 5th in the Champ. issent bad for me after having 2 zerros on the list :)
thanks for the Champ. WD to Jamie and cya next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes