RD Formula Pro Series S5 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8ikOI.png

RDFPC Season 5 discussion thread

championchip isnt important fore me. Only thing i want is some funn on track in a car i like to drive and at the moment its not the case.

Sorry to hear this. :(

Well I was almost certain I wasn't going to make this race, but I managed to get home just in time to take to the grid. I started 16th and last and was P10 by the exit of turn 1. I chased down Bruno and got past him into the chicane, only for me to get a screen freeze down the start/finish line putting me back behind him. Eventually got past again the following lap and chased after Remco. It took a couple of attempts but I managed to get past him as well. Now it was Konrad up ahead but he was a lot quicker so it took some time to catch him. I knew 7th would be enough to keep me in the championship hunt whatever and I knew the cars up ahead were probably out of reach so I focused on just getting ahead of Konrad into 7th. I followed him into the pits on lap 21 and somehow had a much better stop and came out a couple of seconds ahead. I pulled out a small gap and slowly started to catch Jan but around lap 30 my analogue stick started sticking in the braking position which meant I was braking too much for some corners and when I anticipated it sticking, I was trying to free it before the end of the braking zone which sometimes meant I ran wide. Jan pulled away and Konrad was catching but I managed to get to my second stop before he got too close. Managed to fix the issue whilst in the box and was immediately going quicker. Jan had some brake problems at the end which gifted me 6th. I was able to keep on the lead lap and was evening closing on Andreas at the end. Happy to finish 6th considering I didn't think I was going to be able to race.

1 race to go and 5 of us are mathematically able to win the championship. I never thought I would be one of them at the start of the season. :)

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and all those who raced.

Results:

1st: Florian Strauss
2nd: Jamie Blewitt
3rd: Chris Butcher
4th: Nico Major
5th: Andreas Hall

Pole Position: Florian Strauss
Fastest Lap: Florian Strauss

Round 6 points:

Lee Palmer: 3 pts
Chris Butcher: 1pts
Bruno Sousa Ferreira: 0pts
Martin Bulgin: 0pts
Adam Eggbeer: 0pts
Ivo Simons: 0pts

Overall Standings after Round 6:

Ivo Simons: 48pts
Chris Butcher: 39pts
Bruno Sousa Ferreira: 28pts
Martin Bulgin: 26pts
Lee Palmer: 26pts
Adam Eggbeer: 24pts
Ihab Abbas: 9pts
Ben Tusting: 4pts
Martin Vrba: 2pts
Ferry Koek: 2pts

Decided to gamble on softs for the final stint. Straight away i had a front end on the car and some grip! My laptimes dropped by around a second and i started to catch Chris and Florian! Things were looking good again. When i caught Chris he put up a very determind but fair defense of his position. I hope the highlights video captures some of the best moments because believe me there were plenty of them!! Side by side for corner after corner, pass and counter pass, slipstreaming, Senna v Mansell style wheel touching action, with no contact. Thanks for a super battle Chris.

Was really nice indeed. The counter move of Chris on you at the Ford Kurve just after the pitstops was just awesome.
You guys battled great, same as the Florian Chris battle. :)

Wow too much action for me to go into detail but FAO Jari - Me, Florian and Jamie were locked in battles almost all race. Kudos to you guys, it was great fun and the best fun I've had in these cars for a long time. Good clean hard racing, that's what it is all about. Glad you had fun watching Ivo :)

Lead most of the race after Florian went off but in the third stint on my out lap, Florian caught me napping and overtook me on the outside. I fought with him for a little bit but wasn't able to keep up. Jamie was much quicker and I was able to hold im off in a epic battle for a bit, eventually he snuck through too. At that point I'd overheated the rears and now 3rd was my only hope, so I cruised to the finish. The 2 better guys beat me on the day really, I was in the lead out of pure luck, both drivers were faster but Florian just couldn't find a way through until I had cold tyres.

Good fun, I think I'm mathematically out of the championship now so just time to relax and have fun at Suzuka :)

Custom skins/helmets? What about timings? If it's a full length race starting at half eight then I'll have a problem but if it's something more like the club races I'll be OK.
Obviously if it's on rF2 then I'm stuffed (don't really want to get it), plus there's no guarantee of rF2 being released and WSBR converted by February, in fact quite unlikely given the time frame, as it would have to incorporate all rF2 features for it to be worthwile. Also there won't be very many tracks, unlike rF1 which has literally thousands.

Round 7 Grid:

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
Morten Wernersen
Martin Bulgin
Chris Sykes
Jan Wikström
Nico Major
Andreas Hall
Sean Greenlaw
Remco de Wildt
Bob Hutchins
Jamie Blewitt
Georgios Davakos
Kevin Ledoux
Lee Palmer
Jonathan Motteram
Florian Strauss
Fortunato Fiorito
Konrad Stanczak
Chris Butcher
Wayne Morgan
Adam Eggbeer

Absent:

Ihab Abbas

G2wHk.png
-Practice: 18:30 GMT
-Qualifying: 19:30 GMT
-Warm Up: 19:50 GMT
-Race: 20:00 GMT (53 laps)

- All session will be at 1PM ingame time with normal time scale.
Note for drivers:
  • Four wheels may be on the kerbing (Green area counts as kerbing) No wheels beyond the kerbing. Areas where there is no kerbing the two wheels inside white line counts.
  • On the Formation lap be wary of swerving, accelerating and brake checking. Accidents on the formation lap just make you look stupid and will be punished severely. Please see below for formation lap procedure.
  • Its a very short and tight run to the first corner. So remember the cold brakes and tires you have and your braking distance is longer. Give eachother room
  • Unlike club events, you are not expected to wait for another driver should you be at fault in an incident. However, should you choose to wait (to avoid being reported post-race) then do so in a ​safe place.
  • The staff will investigate all lap one incidents but aside from that, any incident needs to be reported for the staff to be able to review it - it is also fair to say that lap one incidents will be dealt harsher penalties then those during other parts of the race due to the potential for damage involved.
  • Chatting during Qualify and Race is prohibited. And will result in a penalty if you do so.
  • Use pitlimiter all the time in all sessions
  • Make sure you dont run to low of a radiator in Qualification and Race. The engine starts to smoke and is distracting for the other drivers on the grid.
  • Respect the Blue Flag rules. And move over in a safe place.
  • More info to be found in the League Info thread.

Formation Lap Details:

• Weaving, hard braking, hard acceleration and general tyre warming behaviour is allowed, but be careful while doing so. There is nothing so frustratingly stupid than ruining yours and other's races on the formation lap.
  • rFactor will notify you of which driver you must stay behind during the formation lap and which lane also.
  • Anybody who spins out during the formation lap will be able to resume their position. But dont go through the field during the Formation lap. Wait to until you are at the starting positions and carefull move to your red square
  • Your speed may not exceed 200kph/125mph during the formation lap.
  • The formation lap is not part of the race distance, so factor this into your fuel requirements
  • As you come round to the grid at the end of your formation lap, your grid slot will be marked by a red square.
  • The race will not start until all cars are lined up correctly.
  • For those waiting, there is no message to inform that the race is beginning, so keep your attention firmly on the start lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 171 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 112 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 119 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.2%
Back