RD Formula Manager - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRT - 1950cr
Durability upgrade - 500cr
Driver testing HUL - 800cr
Setup testing - 500cr

Silver Soul - 2900cr
Sign Heidfeld - 600cr (Lombardi to 3rd driver)
Durability upgrade x2 - 1000cr
Driver testing BRI - 800cr
Engine testing - 500cr

@rubaru - A top 10 must be very valuable in this chaotic race. How do you feel about it?
Honestly I think we were very lucky here. With the last safety car, we had pitted the lap before, so we managed to pick up a few places simply with so many others going to the pits. The car was pretty crappy the whole race, so, yes...very lucky. And the points will be especially helpful here, with Riferra going under and not getting any additional upgrades. We are, however, working on a new engine deal starting with Belgium, so we are expecting better improvements then.

Budget (1850)
Nico Rosberg +2 Tyre mastery (-800)
Jim Clark +1 Overtaking (-400)
Jim Clark +1 Pit Stop (-400)
Bank (250)

Sponsor F, V for Monaco Race

Last edited:
2KF1
x1 tyre test
x1 engine test (speed)
waiting on more in morning

Keranen Motorsport
x1 Durability
x1 engine test
waiting on more in morning
(inaddition to the above)

2KF1
Sell Button to Keranen Motorsport
Bid on Peterson - 600CR
-> assuming bid goes through, Hakkinen to test driver, upgrade with two testing driver skills (800CR)

KM
J. Button 600CR

Last edited:
upload_2017-4-4_2-44-25.png

The MONACO GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING SESSION BEGINS!
Here is the FORECAST:
upload_2017-4-4_2-34-33.png

The Qualifying will be finished on the Wednesday night. Good luck all!

Last edited:
@Omer Said , I think that there should be bidding war between Aidan and Toby.

And I am announcing my retirement from this moment, can't wait for 3 more races.

I wish everyone a lot of fun, maybe we'll meet somewhere again. ;)

I assumed, as I was in contact to make sure it was ok this morning with Omer, that everything was ok. But lets discuss anyway, perhaps we missed something

On top of that, we should pay tribute to Sasha, been a top manager in this series for a very long time, it's sad to see you go :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If Sasha meant that Peterson is on sale for the next marketplace period. Then you shall have a bidding war in the next market period. And Hakkinen's testing skills should be refunded.

If Sasha meant he was on sale now, Aidan's purchase is valid and final.

Personally, I thought "1 was too late" meant that he should have sold it in the previous marketplace period or something.

@Sasha Jednak - Please clarify this before going.

If Sasha meant that Peterson is on sale for the next marketplace period. Then you shall have a bidding war in the next market period. And Hakkinen's testing skills should be refunded.

If Sasha meant he was on sale now, Aidan's purchase is valid and final.

Personally, I thought "1 was too late" meant that he should have sold it in the previous marketplace period or something.

@Sasha Jednak - Please clarify this before going.
As you said, I meant that Peterson is on sale in this marketplace period (which ended last night).

I will be here and look at the thread when I have time, but I can't commit to participation anymore. It was a great fun all the way from season 1(I think we joined at the same time @Aidan Keranen :)), and others who joined in the following seasons. Wish you all the best and of course, I can't find words on how to thank @Omer Said for this game and constant development. Fantastic work!!! :thumbsup: I tried it with motorcycle manager but just couldn't manage it good enough so that went off, so I know how hard it is.

Would be cool to see a hall of fame for this game considering it's been going on for so long, and Sasha should be the first to be inducted into it, taking into account his championship efforts, wins, podiums, poles etc ;)

Edit: I'd say milos could be in the hall of fame too since he played this game for a long time too

I still think a complete reset of everyone's stats and money is in order. Plus, unsigned drivers need to be randomly increasing or decreasing in skills, so the market isn't just a rush to get the drivers that have been in a good team for the past 3 seasons. New teams are nowhere near the top, and have no chance of getting there. Porsche engines being OP was a mistake as well.

There is now no point in anybody developing their own engine, or starting a driver off from 0. This is the problem that needs to be addressed.

Bring everything back to zero and something different might happen, and all managers will be more happy. New engines can be created, New partnerships, New drivers at the top too. We reset F1 every year, can you imagine what Tobi, Lesley and my stats would be if they never dropped?
I won't be returning to Formula Manager until we reset everything.

I think we can take notes from what @Meff28s has done with the Legacy Manager. He's got a -30% drop plus/minus another random value, and that's every three seasons. I don't know about resetting all stats to zero, as that would make me lose complete interest. I'd like to be able to improve a driver over more than one season.
But, like I've also mentioned on more than one occasion in Legacy Manager...@Omer Said is the boss, and we either comply or quit.

I still think a complete reset of everyone's stats and money is in order. Plus, unsigned drivers need to be randomly increasing or decreasing in skills, so the market isn't just a rush to get the drivers that have been in a good team for the past 3 seasons. New teams are nowhere near the top, and have no chance of getting there. Porsche engines being OP was a mistake as well.

There is now no point in anybody developing their own engine, or starting a driver off from 0. This is the problem that needs to be addressed.

Bring everything back to zero and something different might happen, and all managers will be more happy. New engines can be created, New partnerships, New drivers at the top too. We reset F1 every year, can you imagine what Tobi, Lesley and my stats would be if they never dropped?
I won't be returning to Formula Manager until we reset everything.
My bet is that you'd be amongst the first ones to complain about frequent engine failures :p

I can't find words on how to thank @Omer Said for this game and constant development.

Your long and committed participation worth many thanks! It is sad to see you leave, but huge thanks for the contributions so far. I wish you had more free time, but life is life. :(

(Still expecting that Java manager game from you. ;))

Bring everything back to zero and something different might happen, and all managers will be more happy. New engines can be created, New partnerships, New drivers at the top too. We reset F1 every year, can you imagine what Tobi, Lesley and my stats would be if they never dropped? I won't be returning to Formula Manager until we reset everything.

Primary point of this game is progress. And each season there are chances of progressing significantly by making certain decisions. Driver bidding system also levels the field. Even though Porsche came very strong, Aston Martin-Riferra-Blackcat have (latter ones "had") a chance to battling for the lead. Even BMW is closing on with Reed Road Racing partnership. Also, driver skill deterioration between seasons is already in the game.

I agree that it is hard for newcomers to catch up, but should not it be hard after all? Each Forum Game has distinct features and this one wants to be a bit hardcore. Of course, I agree with some of your concerns. Engine reliability most probably will be nerfed in the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 3 60.0%