RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another preview picture:
upload_2017-2-13_2-38-37.png

The top 2 drivers (according to the championship results) of the feeder series.
Does it have to be the two top drivers or can we choose which drivers to pick? I doubt many teams are choosing women drivers and as I'm a sexist pig, I don't want to hire any men to my team :D

@Omer Said
What is the procedure now regarding transferring engine manufacturer rights? It used to be 6500cr but with all these changes that should change too, right?

That Porsche really looks sweet. :inlove:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between medium and decent reliability?

Decent is better. :thumbsup:

Does it have to be the two top drivers or can we choose which drivers to pick? I doubt many teams are choosing women drivers and as I'm a sexist pig, I don't want to hire any men to my team :D

You can always force your drivers to undergo some "operations." :D Seriously though, I think there is no harm letting people the drivers they want. I preferred top 2 for immersive reasons. But you know.

@Omer Said
What is the procedure now regarding transferring engine manufacturer rights? It used to be 6500cr but with all these changes that should change too, right?

I think if a player wants to stop manufacturing an engine, the engine should just turn into a default engine like Mercedes or Ferrari which can be bought by anyone desires and can be upgraded through their customers' testings. Or can be sold for a minimum of 3000 credits? Please everyone give feedback on this matter.

And obligatory, @Sasha Jednak :unsure:

I like the idea of engines being sold back to the series as defaults, perhaps an extra form of immersion is that the custom named engines that get sold back are 'bought' by a manufacturer and sold, e.g. Riferra might be bought by Lamborghini and therefore it becomes a default Lambo engine.
To further that, if one of those engines doesn't get used, it would just shut down I guess.

I don't like that they just turn into a non-player engine. I think the whole team should be available for someone to manage like it used to back when people went AWOL in previous seasons. Including the engine.
Sort of like if the team found new owners, it should take control of the entire thing.

I don't like that they just turn into a non-player engine. I think the whole team should be available for someone to manage like it used to back when people went AWOL in previous seasons. Including the engine.
Sort of like if the team found new owners, it should take control of the entire thing.
Nah, obviously I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't want anyone to take over my teams should I disappear.

If someone disappears and then returns, can they get their team back?

If I went away for a while and found someone else was running DTK without me allowing it, I would not be happy at all.

Well that's a great punishment for someone who went awol and returned! :devilish: If it was a properly announced retirement, then the manager should be able to say.

I do think the opposite on this topic, if I disappear somewhere I would love for someone to take over Blackcat. It would be such a shame to just have the ~20000cr spent on engine development go to waste.

I do think the opposite on this topic, if I disappear somewhere I would love for someone to take over Blackcat. It would be such a shame to just have the ~20000cr spent on engine development go to waste.
Agree, but I think Jimmy's referring to his team. Can we get the engine rule confirmed, though, since it appears @Sasha Jednak is AWOL? My future depends on Riferra or finding another supplier.

Here's an idea for the driver market.

Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer.

For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies.

Here's an idea for the driver market.

Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer.

For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies.
That's a great idea! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play