RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn can hardly keep up with all these changes. @Omer Said could you write a recap of what's changed so far, if already done show me where I can find it.
I saw you voted on topic 6, so just two more votes for now:
TOPIC 8: TEAM-DRIVER CONTRACTS SYSTEM
  1. A manager can build up their relationship with their drivers over the course of a season. Podium finishes, certain sponsors, doing testings and meetings will increase the relationship. These relationship points give extra points to that manager when bidding for that driver in the next season.
  2. Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer. For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies. (Jim's idea)
TOPIC 9: FATE OF THE MANUFACTURED ENGINES
  1. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, their engine becomes a default game-controlled engine which can be bought by anyone.
  2. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, other managers can bid for the ownership of the engine. Bid starts at minimum 1000 credits. The previous owner gets the half amount of the winning bid.
  3. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, other managers can bid for the ownership of the engine. Bid starts at minimum 1000 credits. The previous owner gets nothing.
  4. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, the engine becomes unavailable.

Damn can hardly keep up with all these changes. @Omer Said could you write a recap of what's changed so far, if already done show me where I can find it.

You are right, here is a round-up below: All of the topics are already decided:

Winning choices are highlighted..

TOPIC 1: TEAM ORDERS
  1. Ban all team orders. Even team-mates should not be told to yield. XXXX
  2. Ban team orders only between different teams. Sister teams included. XXXXXXXX
  3. Allow team orders only between the drivers managed by the same manager. XXX
  4. Do not ban anykind of team orders.
TOPIC 3: SISTER TEAMS ENGINE CONTRACTS (REFER TO TOPIC 6 for the ULTIMATE DECISION)
  1. Sister teams can't buy any player-manufactured engines. XX
  2. Sister teams can buy player-manufactured engines if they are not owned by the main team. X
  3. Sister teams can't buy the same engine as the main team. XXX
  4. Sister teams can buy any engine. XXXXX
  5. Sister teams can't do tyre and engine tests. But they can buy any engine. X
TOPIC 4: RANDOM FAILURES
  1. Implement a new system which will be activated 1-3 times per race and cause mechanical problems at a randomly selected car regardless of its upgrades and driver skills. XXXX
  2. Implement the system mentioned above, but do not result in sudden retirements. Instead give a significant amount of car wear. XXXXXXXX
  3. Do not implement a random failure system. XXX
TOPIC 5: DRIVER RELATIONSHIPS
  1. Driver testing, winning, finishing on podium and achieving certain sponsors will increase a drivers' affinity with their team. These affinity points will increase the managers' bonus points for the next season's driver bidding wars. XXXXXXXXXX
  2. Don't implement a relationship system. XXXXX
TOPIC 6: SISTER TEAMS NERF
  1. Decrease the speed of the sister teams by default. But give reward credits to their main teams according to their finishing results in addition to their own credit rewards.
  2. Force sister teams to use Renault/Ferrari/Mercedes/Cosworth engines, but do not nerf their default speeds. (TOPIC 3 is related to this, but the ultimate solution will be this one if picked) XXXX
  3. Do not nerf their default speeds, but prevent sister teams to hire drivers with more than 5 trained skills. (That is to say established drivers refuse to drive for pesky junior squads) XXX
  4. Don't touch to sister teams. X
  5. Start sister teams with -10 chassis upgrade. (Notice the negative number.) X
  6. Introduce a multi-class system and put sister teams into that one. Their speeds will be lower, but they will have their own championship. X
  7. Remove Sister Teams. XX
TOPIC 7: DRIVER SKILL DETERIORATION
  1. At the end of each season, each driver will lose 4-5 of their skills randomly.
  2. Same as the first choice, but their managers pick the skills to deteriorate. X
  3. At the end of each season, each driver will lose %5 of their skills, picked randomly. XXXXXXXX
  4. No deterioration. X
TOPIC 8: TEAM-DRIVER CONTRACTS SYSTEM
  1. A manager can build up their relationship with their drivers over the course of a season. Podium finishes, certain sponsors, doing testings and meetings will increase the relationship. These relationship points give extra points to that manager when bidding for that driver in the next season. XXXXXXX
  2. Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer. For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies. (Jim's idea) XXXXX
TOPIC 9: FATE OF THE MANUFACTURED ENGINES
  1. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, their engine becomes a default game-controlled engine which can be bought by anyone. X
  2. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, other managers can bid for the ownership of the engine. Bid starts at minimum 1000 credits. The previous owner gets the half amount of the winning bid. XXXXXXXX
  3. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, other managers can bid for the ownership of the engine. Bid starts at minimum 1000 credits. The previous owner gets nothing. X
  4. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, the engine becomes unavailable. X

If anyone has any questions/feedback/suggestions please say it in 1-2 days as the meeting will come to an end with the decisions taken above. Thank you everyone for their valuable and patient contributions for the game. Let's hope the changes will be for the best! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am especially happy with the sister teams' decision as it will allow them to be competitive while also giving a chance for the lower tier engines to be improved.

Are sister teams allowed to use Peugeot then? Seeing it's pretty much the same type of engine as Renault/Ferrari/Cossie etc.

Not happy at all with the votings.

I don't agree at all with being forced to use a certain engine with my sister team. Also feel like this has only been raised as an issues since I beat everyone with a sister team, seeing that the 2nd best finished in a mighty 10th position...

Prepare for heavy complaints whenever I'm hit by a random failure.

If drivers lose skill, it should be same amount of points. Don't see why I should lose 4000 or more worth of skill points, while ohers lose 400. I'll complain if they lose in categories I had trained from start on.

Last edited:
Are sister teams allowed to use Peugeot then? Seeing it's pretty much the same type of engine as Renault/Ferrari/Cossie etc.

I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or you mixed Porsche with Peugeot, but the answer is the only 4 engines listed at the topic.

Relooking at the close votings regarding the Sister Team nerf decision, let's have a final one about this:
Sister team cant buy the same engine as the main team. And that's it. Agree if you agree and 5 agrees are enough for it to past.

I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or you mixed Porsche with Peugeot, but the answer is the only 4 engines listed at the topic.
I mixed them up, just can't think how frustrated I am with the outcome. I did mix them up earlier in our private chat if you remember :p

But what makes Porsche so different to the 4 listed? I think this is a little unfair.

I believe I still had some votes :x3:
I was leaning towards that vote on Topic 6, so no problem there, same with Topic 8, agree with that too.
Topic 9 I don't give a flying f*** about

I'm very happy with tje changes. It will give new managers better changes to succeed and hopefully level the playing field. The skill decay also stops skill inflation which is only a good thing.

We have to look things from the broader perspctive. Top teams have to be disadvantaged a little to make the game more enjoyable for more people. Gaps have been too big and are only bound to get bigger if nothing was done. And I'm not referring to Tobi's teams only.

Re-worked sponsors system:
upload_2017-2-15_15-59-33.png

a) do we have to go safe low now under SC, as the note suggests?
b) podium worth less than 10 overtakes?
c) what is "making a double", wanted to asked that for ages now

So for the objective sponsors, do we day before which ones we're aiming for, or do we get the rewards if we finish there? How many can get get in one race?

So for the objective sponsors, do we day before which ones we're aiming for, or do we get the rewards if we finish there? How many can get get in one race?
According to the text above, you don't have to pick them. If you fulfill conditions for more than 1, you have to pick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%