RD Formula FG Championship Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to my computer breaking down this morning somewhat, some incorrect budgets were found. All parties involved have had their budgets edited to reflect them being brought back to their correct budget.

Checklist:

- Top 15: Check
- Improve Position: Check
That means only one thing:
image.jpg

JAMIE HOLDS ON FOR GIANT WIN
R12 - Hungary - Race.png

Jamie Cocks held out the juggernaut that is Jack Hunsley to claim his 3rd victory of the season and regain championship control from his teammate.
Off the line, it was Laszlo Csako who eventually took control of the race. Leading in front of his own fans, he quickly made it his job to streak away and try to build a margin. Matt Bailey moved from 4th to 3rd, but pretty soon after his RD began to show signs of why it has only gained 15 points this season, with the Australian becoming passing practice for the majority of the field behind him.
It was early on that Bohner, already down numerous positions after a rather horror start, all of a sudden retired from a puncture, thus opening the floodgates for a very important race. The fact that we later witnessed Ben Utzer and Omer Said retiring in the same stretch of road further meant that an incredibly important race in terms of the championship had just occurred.
As the race wore on, it became clear that Cocks and Hunsley were the men to watch, the two combatants had dispatched the field and were closing in on Csako with pace. A brief moment the three cars were nose to tail, but Cocks quickly broke free of the Hungarian and Hunsley didn't immediately follow through. The British champion caught up again, but before he was able to even fully attempt a pass, his team called him in for his final stop. It was the closest he was to get to the lead.
After the stop Cocks simply powered away. Stopping a few laps later due to a longer middle stint, the Australian gained time through the stops, then promptly doubled that margin through the stint to run out a comfortable 8 second victory that once again brings the two N-Tech drivers to near parity in points.
Csako was able to hold onto a well deserved 3rd, a just reward for him and his team at their home track. Rob Sharp made the most of a hard race and got 4th, leading the second DTK of Rinneaho. Polesitter Martins was able to just see the line ahead of Sigoulakis, the Greek driver seeing points for one the third time this season and the first time since his maiden victory in South Africa.
The two Apexes came next, Harvey leading Rautavaara in a handy points grab for the Monacan team. Andy Graham was the final point scorer.
Pablo Diehl retired along with his teammate as BRT suffered a horror day again, both Speedys made up ground but were just too far back with limited resources in order to move forwards, while Krisztian Lintner made a move on the final lap to grab 15th off Dovizioso, much to the delight of the crowd.

Next round is from Spa-Francorchamps, while there is also the second in-season test at Silverstone in between. Marketplace closes 10am Tuesday AEST for the test, before re-opening until 10am Thursday AEST for the race. Test bonuses can be used after the test up until the Thursday deadline.

Championship Round Up: Cocks now leads again by a mere 6 points, but the differential of cash might be enough to swing the balance back his way again. N-Tech lost out due to Bohner retiring, but in the end Falcon made a mere 2 points on the Canadians, with 94 still the difference heading into the final third of the season. DTK swept into 3rd with the result, making little ground on Falcon however. Sharp and Hunsley moved into 3rd and 5th respectively in the drivers.

RDFIA Press Conference
@Jamie Cocks A massive victory for you today, championship back in your control. How would you feel if this race became the turning point of the championship?
@Jack Hunsley In the end, the fight we wanted to see hardly eventuated, but another positive day for your team?
@Leslie10 How does it feel being on the podium at your home round, and to continue, how were you feeling as you were leading the race?

Press Paddock
@Rui F. Martins You had pole, but in the end it wasn't enough. Cause for optimism or worry?
@Smartbean Is it worrying that this could be the moment the championship starts to slip, due to a simple puncture?
@Manolis Sigoulakis How do points feel again?
@Lesley Buurlage Both cars finished, but no points might be a worry?
@Márk Lintner Home race done, was it a success or a failure, or something in between?
@William Néron Congratulations on winning 5 races in a row, a new record!

RDFIA Press Release
As according to the regulations, upon completion of Round 12 the bottom 10 drivers will have access to their bank balance (where applicable). As such the following have access
M. Sigoulakis (2KF1)
D. Harvey (ART)
T. Barrett (Virgin)
K. Lintner (Virgin)
M. Bailey (RD)
This is designated by the green highlight in the entries picture. Any driver with red highlighted bank balance means they are unable to use this bank this season (you don't lose it).
If drivers wish to use their bank balance, they must use it this round. Afterwards it will be locked until season end (red highlight again). Any questions can be forwarded to myself, but the general concept is unchanged.

Now to big business.

The managing license of Tomas Ochlsager for the Virgin-Skoda team has been revoked upon posting of this, due to the inactivity of the manager. The subsequent inactivities of the drivers means that we are moving beyond the initial section of Article 6.7 and giving full control to the next waiting manager in line (not to mention that the article definitely needs an upgrade itself :unsure:). The license will now be given to Tim Engberink for his usage until season end and beyond should he wish. Ochlsager is now on probation of the series, and banned from managing for 3 full seasons of competing. This ban can and will be extended if necessary.
Otherwise, Virgin is now under control of @Tim Engberink and we wish him luck with that. (He is allowed to change the colours, the livery (not the shape), and the commercial name).
Matt Bailey is now the next in line for a team.

@Rui F. Martins You had pole, but in the end it wasn't enough. Cause for optimism or worry?

Being able to achjieve a pole position was a great achievement and i shows that it is possible for me to achieve this results, the result of the race was a bit disapointing and it shows that i have to work a bit more in that field, hopefully we will be able to improve those areas and maybe next time be able to capitalize the pole position.

Buys:
+25 qualy skill: 250$
+20 race skill: 200$

Jeez now I got heaps of money bro.
After some negotiations I can finally tell you guys my lineup for the next season.
1st Driver: Andy Graham
2nd Driver: This one went between two drivers, Takuma and a classmate of mine. In the end I went with my classmate named Donald Brugman. Donald will replace Krisztian Lintner for the rest of the season.

• Deleted member 161052

Jeez now I got heaps of money bro.
After some negotiations I can finally tell you guys my lineup for the next season.
1st Driver: Andy Graham
2nd Driver: This one went between two drivers, Takuma and a classmate of mine. In the end I went with my classmate named Donald Brugman. Donald will replace Krisztian Lintner for the rest of the season.
Are you gonna start a new team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 436 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 271 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.0%
Back