RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

It's a lot easier to just award money. we don't need to over-complicate things or we'll never get new people to play them.
... and even get some old people going. Exactly why Marussia and Caterham went down is because they were always at the back.

Come on, we deserved a double podium in Melbourne, so clearly the effort was there. But the luck wasn't there all season long, and I'd rather not go through another bloody disasterous year like this one has been.
Should be noted that only Apex and OMR haven't got a single podium. :cautious:

... and even get some old people going. Exactly why Marussia and Caterham went down is because they were always at the back.

Come on, we deserved a double podium in Melbourne, so clearly the effort was there. But the luck wasn't there all season long, and I'd rather not go through another bloody disasterous year like this one has been.
Should be noted that only Apex and OMR haven't got a single podium. :cautious:
noted. Feeling better now? :p

Again, rules say the rewards are added before the carry-over cut, which means they give no advantage at all.

In essence, I agree with Néron.

To be on top in season 1 and the down right bottom in season 2 (or vica versa) just because the values are reset isn't much fun. If there would be some sense of progression (on team and driver level) that would be ideal. Not just a sense of progression from 1 season to the next, but over a multitude of seasons.

F1 veterans always have the weight of experience helping them in comparison to rookies. For rookies it's normal to start at 0 and work their way up, gaining experience along the way.

Maybe it's worth considering in addition of prize money, is to carry over a certain percentage of skill for drivers and hp/cof values for teams.

Argh I have to explain again, damn! Sorry fella's lol

With a certain percentage of skill I mean the following:
Every driver started with 16000 race/quali skill at the start of the season. During the season drivers upgrade their skills by buying upgrades, in my idea only the upgrades bought are eligible for taking a percentage to carry over to a following season. For teams also only the amount of upgraded Quali/Race BHP and reduction in CoF is taken into account for carrying over.

As for the percentage(s) carried over:
Maybe divide the grid into sections (ie.1-5 / 6-10 / 10-15 / 16-22) at the end of the season, based on the drivers championship standings. Each section of the grid are eligible to carry over a percentage of their skill like (for example!):
1-5 = 25.0%
6-10 = 22.5%
11-15 = 20.0%
16-22 = 17.5%

Example:
Driver A got 16200 quali skill and 16300 race skill at the end of the season and ended 4th in the drivers championship standings. 200 quali skill and 300 race skill are eligible for calculation of carrying over to the next season. As driver A ended 4th in the drivers championship standings, he's eligible for a 25.0% carry over of skill to the next season. 25.0% of 200 = 50 and 25.0% of 300 = 75. So when the driver skill gets reset at the start of the next season driver A starts with 16050 quali skill and 16075 race skill.

Another example:
Driver B got 16150 quali skill and 16200 race skill at the end of the season and ended 18th in the drivers championship standings. 150 quali skill and 200 race skill are eligible for calculation of carrying over to the next season. As driver B ended 18th in the drivers championship standings, he's eligible for a 17.5% carry over of skill to the next season. 17.5% of 150 = 26,25 (rounded down to 25) and 17.5% of 200 = 35. So when the driver skill gets reset at the start of the next season driver B starts with 16025 quali skill and 16035 race skill.

For teams, this works similar, scale it 1-3 / 4-6 / 7-9 / 10-11, similar percentages as drivers;
1-3 = 25.0%
4-6 = 22.5%
7-9 = 20.0%
10-11 = 17.5%

Example:
Team A started the season with with 775 Quali BHP, 788 Race BHP and -4000 CoF. At the end of the season they have 798 Quali BHP, 795 Race BHP and -3200 CoF and they ended 6th in the constructors championship standings. 23 Quali BHP, 7 Race BHP and -800 CoF are eligible for calculation of carrying over to the next season. As team A ended 6th in the drivers championship standings, they're eligible for a 22.5% carry over of BHP/CoF to the next season. 22.5% of 23 = 5,175 (rounded down to 5) and 22.5% of 7 = 1,575 (rounded up to 2) and 22.5% of -800 = -180. So when the team values are being calculated at the start of the next season team A starts with an extra 5 Quali BHP, 2 Race BHP and -180 CoF.

Does this sound like something worth considering? Imo, a sense of improvement at such a value that it does make a difference, but also keep it fair enough to everyone one the grid.

As you said it isn't fun to just get thrown into deep :poop: by a random value, it also isn't really fun to be a backmarker year in year out, just because you (me) had a very very bad first year.

As you said it isn't fun to just get thrown into deep :poop: by a random value, it also isn't really fun to be a backmarker year in year out, just because you (me) had a very very bad first year.
Like my examples show, there isn't that much difference to someone ending up in the top 5 or in the bottom 7 of the drivers championship. They both get extra skill for next season at such a rate that it's noticable/fulfilling enough to make progress and just enough to keep a level playing field :) - and it's also still in reach of new people that join in as well.

The wiki says there will be 3 seasons, so I'm not sure if this idea will work for only that many seasons if that is the total amount of seasons, but I do like it and think it is realistic @Smartbean :)

The thing is guys, while I note your reservations about getting randomised out of the window, let it be known that things like that can happen. All of a sudden a team/engine is not anywhere near as good. Lotus F1 2013 (winner)-2014 (omg we got points!?!).
What's more, as many people demonstrated at season start, they were willing to take the risk on T2 and T3 engines. If you think you might get randomised out the window, maybe think of taking less risk? That is what it is all about at season start, risk vs reward.
The big thing here is that we've seen steamrolling teams in the F1 series due to prize money, which I feel would be akin to allowing extra skill/HP values over from season to season (don't get me wrong, I am not having a go at it, just it isn't the direction I want in this series). rFactor on the other hand, we haven't seen many people dominate it season on season, we haven't seen a double champion yet, and doubt we will for a while. All because of a total reset (and negligible money carry-over).
But I will say this, it is hard to know what is going to happen between seasons the first time. If, and only if, it seems that we can have a small amount of carry over, it can be looked at. But it is going to be so hard to do so, look at Jack Hunsley, +455 skill. Even if I allowed 10% of that he is at +45 at season start. Already well on the way to having another strong season. Look at last round with Viper. Because of their T3 engines, they bought +12 HP in one go. If any of the leading teams were allowed to have more HP they are again starting to streak ahead.

Lastly I feel, everything that I made in this series was designed such that even if you start as a backmarker, you should be able to move upwards if you can make some good decisions along the way, and keep a flow of money coming in. So if it happens, don't see a large reset as being a massive problem, see it as a chance to test yourself, and your tactics to get your team to the front.

The wiki says there will be 3 seasons, so I'm not sure if this idea will work for only that many seasons if that is the total amount of seasons, but I do like it and think it is realistic @Smartbean :)
Has three seasons because that is all I decided to put in at the moment, is planned to be

Quali BHP +3
Race BHP +1
Car Reliability - $150 per 100 lessened
and you've made your buys this round, +4 quali HP. Seeing that they were used in the test I would say you are stuck with that. However I can now add the -100 COF that you wanted.
(and sorry that you were the only one to be quoted, but I just needed to reply to your post directly)

Last edited:
Can the extra boost deadline get extended a little bit? I really do think that a little bit more than 1 day is nowhere near wnough time.

Especially as this week's comentator said he'd like the race to be moved to friday rather than Thursday like it normally is.

But why is it earlier when this week's comentator said the race has to be moved forwards? Shouldn't the deadline also be moved forwards then?
Firstly, they requested it, and I accepted. It is easier and better to commentate with someone else. And the deadline was moved forwards for this round. With days in hand I don't see your problem.

But you said they do disappear in the test post?
If they do nothing until the end of the season, in which case this marketplace closing a day early wouldn't have made a single bit of difference.

As the marketplace has now closed I need to inform, I was testing the race length (50% vs 75%) and, after rigorously testing I have decided to not risk Monaco v2.0 and have increased the length in line to a similar GP, thus 75%.
Should not be a big problem, testing seemed to show it could be a very interesting race (plus it rained very often... looking at you Buurlage)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.