RBS 1.13 (Real Billboards & Stuff) new Winter Monza 1.0 and Autumn Nords 1.1 by JW modding

Misc RBS 1.13 (Real Billboards & Stuff) new Winter Monza 1.0 and Autumn Nords 1.1 by JW modding 1.13

Login or Register an account to download this content
maybe an idea is to make different sets so you can select f1 adverts or wttc or blanc pain etc?

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Hey guys,

Love the work gone on here.

Any chance of further tree changes? I think some of the trees look v cartoony on a lot of the tracks.

Thanks bros.

We have begun to test this idea. :thumbsup:

In this update, Drift track already has the changed trees and we will go proving that other tracks can be changed.

Which do you suggest? ;)

I have actually done some of my own mods, however the trees are sadly not releaseable as I have "borrowed" them from other sims.

I think some trees are worse than others. The trees they used at Brands Hatch look particuarly poor, as do the ones at Spa.

I just installed the skybox for Mugello. Fantastic work. Its amazing how something so small can make a massive difference to the visuals. It transforms the track.

Last edited:
I like to keep the official content clean, but this looks like a huge improvement over the dull textures used because of license limitations.
Did you respect texture size and compression or make maps bigger than the official ones?

I like to keep the official content clean, but this looks like a huge improvement over the dull textures used because of license limitations.
Did you respect texture size and compression or make maps bigger than the official ones?

I understand that many users prefer to have all the content of the sim in an original way, but with RBS (or the season mods) there are no performance problems or frame crashes. 90% of the textures have the same weight, size and understanding as the originals, except for exceptions with textures of 512x256/128, or similar sizes, that have increased in size but do not affect performance.

I have actually done some of my own mods, however the trees are sadly not releaseable as I have "borrowed" them from other sims.

I think some trees are worse than others. The trees they used at Brands Hatch look particuarly poor, as do the ones at Spa.

I just installed the skybox for Mugello. Fantastic work. Its amazing how something so small can make a massive difference to the visuals. It transforms the track.

So Spa and Brands ... I'll take note of that suggestion (if you can do some screenshot of the trees that you think are wrong, it gets damaged)

About the Mugello skybox, I made several versions and this is the one that was better, although I am not convinced much the final result either. But yes, it changes a lot with respect to the original texture, which by the way, is the same one that was used in FVA 2010

Awesome stuff , but how do i uninstall it to put in the new version ?

Just delete the "texture" or "Skins" folders in each track folder.

Then use JSMGE to install the new update and you will have it working

so guys whats a skybox I don't know can someone explane please?

With screenshots, all is too easy ;)

Comparison skybox texture on Mugello.

Vanilla by Kunos.
35096172294_4bf5226cf6_b.jpg

RBS 1.13 by JW modding
35096172194_1ac92f011e_b.jpg

Full HD screenshots:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4280/35096172294_f95d4e0609_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4295/35096172194_e4e1bc351c_o.jpg

On Drift, Barcelona and others, i rework contrast and color only.

Vanilla skybox by Kunos on Barcelona
223aa48c6fc5cb3c7752512abe07cb03.jpg

RBS 1.3 by JW modding
b0382c63b092167b517e2a5618572119.jpg

That's not skybox, it's a distant terrain texture. Skybox (or skydome depending on the game) is the box surrounding the entire map, often with a sky and cloud texture, used to create the illusion of infinite space.

That's not skybox, it's a distant terrain texture. Skybox (or skydome depending on the game) is the box surrounding the entire map, often with a sky and cloud texture, used to create the illusion of infinite space.

I know, but that is to say it to the one that gives name to the textures in Kunos, I only comment the changes that I make on the original textures. :whistling:

The best name should be "horizon" and they only use it on two or three tracks

Great stufff, loving the texture updates :inlove:

However, not really a fan of those super dark tire walls at Zandvoort. Especially visible cos in AC the tire wall reaches for more into the famous left turn than currently in real life, where the tire barrier basically stops at the entrance of the corner. Meaning you are not actully driving towards the black tires but you've got the whole white wall ahead :)

Hi darkyjoe, rather than a support request this is a wish! I'm copying here a post on the mod request I mad few moments ago, as I tryed using and editing one of you're texture from asphal_mask to make the tarmac water stained and add immersion in some other tracks.

Video below:

The problem is, as a simple mask this texture has no real reflections at all, so i'd like to ask some PROs (since I'm not a modder) to take charge of this kind of project, maybe realize some wet version for the standard tracks adding a road mesh like "Wet Nordschleife" with some good specularity and spots of reflective /non reflective tarmac (take Tor Poznan Zima as example) so all we assetto corsa fans have a finally good looking rain! What's your opinion?

Hi Joshkerr! Wondering if you'd consider a little update to remove the 3D spectators on Nordschliefe? I'm using the No People mod, and it removes all spectators except those ones (apparently the textures are part of a kn5 file). They appear on World Detail - Very High/Ultra, and they just look ridiculous, with or without the 2D spectators :p
Thanks in advance if you consider this!
Cheers!

Hi darkyjoe, rather than a support request this is a wish! I'm copying here a post on the mod request I mad few moments ago, as I tryed using and editing one of you're texture from asphal_mask to make the tarmac water stained and add immersion in some other tracks.

Video below:

The problem is, as a simple mask this texture has no real reflections at all, so i'd like to ask some PROs (since I'm not a modder) to take charge of this kind of project, maybe realize some wet version for the standard tracks adding a road mesh like "Wet Nordschleife" with some good specularity and spots of reflective /non reflective tarmac (take Tor Poznan Zima as example) so all we assetto corsa fans have a finally good looking rain! What's your opinion?
Now if this would be possible with the inclusion of animated and user controlled windscreen wipers and believable, basic rain effects on the windscreen and door windows it would be absolutely amazing!

In my opinion it would be a revolution even to have a static, canned rain effect (very similar to the old Gran Turismo canned night / rain races).

The look of the track and spray in combination with believable wet surface grips (although most likely canned and static) would be a great addition until Kunos can cook something up with a future rain upgrade / AC sequel.

Video below:

Hey Buddy ill take a look at this for you if your still interested, i have a idea it may work

wing over what you have so far and ill have a go

thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back