1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RBR on Xbox Slim

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by m_s, Jan 11, 2011.

1. m_s

m_s

I've recently bought an Xbox Slim with 250gb harddrive, and quickly bought a copy of Richard Burns Rally, having spent many, many hours years ago playing the PC version. But when I try to start the game from the DVD, I get this error message: 'The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again.'

I was completely unaware of the difference between Xbox and Xbox 360, but am wondering if this is an issue of backwards compatibility? Is there a way to get this game working on a new console?

Any help or suggestions very much appreciated!

2. I didn't think RBR was ever made for the Xbox. That might be your problem..................

3. It was, a friend of mine had it even.

Platform(s): Gizmondo, PlayStation 2, Windows, Xbox

4. m_s

m_s

Oh, it definitely exists: I have it in my hand!

5. m_s

m_s

I saw that list, but didn't know how to get an update. Can you talk me through the procedure? Thanks!

Oh, I do hope I can get it working, since I no longer own a PC, and RBR is probably the only thing I miss in my Mac world!

6. I thought it was simply connect to Live -> insert game -> get update.

Can't really help much, I haven't done it since the 360 came out.

7. m_s

m_s

No, that's not working. Perhaps there is an issue with the disc? This is where I'm a bit stuck: not sure whether or not it does work at all, or if there is a problem with this specific disc...

8. try calling the xbox 360 support or post in the xbox360 forum maybe they can help you play this great game

9. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Not every game is supported. RBR might in the "Not Supported" category.

10. It's on the list. MS may have killed xbox support when they took halo 2 offline.