1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

RaR Files

Discussion in 'Racer' started by driver333, Mar 17, 2010.

1. driver333

driver333

Ratings:
    +0
    When i go to download a car that's in notepad and put it in racer/Data/cars it wont appear in game:confused:
    But it works when its a zip with folder inside and you take folder out and put it in car

Help please
    Thank you for reply's:smile:

2. luthobu

luthobu

Ratings:
    +179
    Make sure it's not in cars\<zipfilename>\car - often happens with rar files. i.e. check that there is not another car folder within the car folder.

3. driver333

driver333

Ratings:
    +0
    go here to see problem

4. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Well that video appears to be private. Btw, you need to have WinRar or WinZip to extract .rar files.

5. tormento19

tormento19

Ratings:
    +18
    And sometimes you have to rightclick on the file and select "Save link as..." on the browser to save it, on some browsers the rar files are opened as text ;)

6. driver333

driver333

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you all:thumbup:

7. mouse2

mouse2

Ratings:
    +0
    As a Mac user, it took me lots of time to deal with rar file, after looking at the thread, I understand to get rar expander, and choose different browser eg Firefox to download from http://www.tracciontrasera.es
    Thanks a lot!

8. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +164
    I use 7-Zip to uncompress .rar, gz and just about any compressed file.

The version I use is .457, if I remember correctly. Get it using Google to find the web page.

It's easy and fast!