Random shutdown

I've had RRE since it's initial release.
Sometime I get a complete system shutdown for no known reason.
It does not happen every single time....and only in RRE.
I'll could be selecting escape, playing around in menus, etc... and I'll randomly get a system is shutting down message or the screen will go dark and the computer into a standby mode. It's really weird.
It never happens if I'm on track driving.
It does not appear to be a CPU, RAM or PS issue since no other application or none of the other eleven STEAM games do it.

For what it's worth, I too have had R3E since initial release but have never had a complete system shutdown when playing. Sounds like a power supply issue - not saying it is though as you say it never happens otherwise. I know not much help but it is always good to get feedback even if a very small sampling.

For what it's worth, I too have had R3E since initial release but have never had a complete system shutdown when playing. Sounds like a power supply issue - not saying it is though as you say it never happens otherwise. I know not much help but it is always good to get feedback even if a very small sampling.
Thanks for the reply William.
The power doesn't abruptly shut off.
I've researched it and a small sampling of guys are having the exact issue.
It appears to be a code related issue affecting a very, very small group of X79 users.
All the guys who've reported it have the same chipset.
The computer will just display the 'shutting down' message as if you requested it or the monitor will simply go to sleep mode.

Last edited:
I already have the latest BIOS.
All the drivers, along with DirectX and .Net Framework are also the latest versions.
It's truly puzzling.
I have a 750 watt PC Power and Cooling X-Fire power supply. That is more than adequate for the GTX670 I'm running.
I can run Furmark, Prime95, Final Fantasy Bench, RTHDRIBL,...no issues with any.
Most of those are very intensive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back