PC2 Random crashes since last big update?

I don't play PC2 all that much , but I haven't ever had a problem with the game crashing before. The last 2 nights , since the big 10.1GB update I've had the game completely lock up ( frozen screen ) and I have to alt+shift+esc to get out and shut the game down in task manager. This has happened 3 times so far. Anyone else suffering from some weird lock ups?

Side note : I'm getting great frame rates with most everything turned way up , and it seems to run very smooth....but just locks up.

What were you doing when it locked up? Also, "...big 10.1GB update...", PC2 had a just under 3GB update a few days ago, R3E had a 10.1GB update yesterday - I haven't heard of a 10GB update for PC2.
I don't think PC2 has ever crashed on me since day one but maybe I haven't come across the problem area that you've come across. There are so many variables (hardware, OS, configuration, ...) that could be the culprit making it hard to troubleshoot, unless many others have been having the same issue (hence your post).

What were you doing when it locked up? Also, "...big 10.1GB update...", PC2 had a just under 3GB update a few days ago, R3E had a 10.1GB update yesterday - I haven't heard of a 10GB update for PC2.
I don't think PC2 has ever crashed on me since day one but maybe I haven't come across the problem area that you've come across. There are so many variables (hardware, OS, configuration, ...) that could be the culprit making it hard to troubleshoot, unless many others have been having the same issue (hence your post).

Whoops....you are correct , I got the two updates mixed up. Yes , the PC2 update was under 3GB's.

As far as what I was doing , I was just practicing with multiple cars ( around 20 or so in the GT3 class ). Not really a set time on the length I was driving. The first time was only about 1 minute in. The other two I was probably a good 10 + minutes in before the crash happened. I did an integrity check , and everything looks good , so I'm not sure what's up. And like I mentioned , I've never had PC2 crash before either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back