"Rammers" not Racers!

Can anyone explain why "racers" or as I like to call then rammers don't like to race but ram everyone off?

I've just been playing Race and was constantly rammed off by other back markers!
Ok yes, I wasn't exactly in pole position but was starting around 12 out of 24. For me this was good as it was my first time racing a Mini.

The quicker I can actually race people that come to race and not ram the better!:wink:

Am I the only one that has this problem?:thumb:

Rant over
:D

I love being on a public server and just driving behind people - not too close - just getting in their mirrors, dummying to the inside with no intention to make a dive or do something silly, and watching them spear off the track as they outbrake themselves. Haha. What's even better though, is when none of these things work, so you really have to race clever. That's a really satisfying feeling, even when you don't get past :)

I don't think there's a worst track than Macau for attracting Rammers...you know...the narrow part of the track just before the hairpin... Last time i raced on Macau , there was one guy blocking everyone except his friend that was right behind me... Frustrating to say the least!

• Matt Alpeter

I must admit, I've had some very good races recently and none of them were in an RD server (7 STCC servers and 1 locked Evo server???). Anyway, it's always the same people that are in the front with me and the only minor contact I had with someone was quickly followed by him letting me pass as a way of saying sorry. My last race yesterday ended in a heated battle with the top three cars and I ended up winning Monza by 0.019 seconds!

Just to contrary a bit the public server "bashing" going on this topic :D, will present here with a name to look for if your are searching for a good & admin public server:

look for SRSG Community servers.

For the public, there is a "fun" one and a "public" (has been running Nordschleife lately).

Have been racing there with full grids without any troubles... At beginning of the last week there was a "Ban festival" that cleaned many troublemakers (Steam ID), since then, a problem there, a problem here, but nothing much.

GoGoers (the little kids always voting to race) usually have no luck and the training session goes to the end.

Even if Admin isn't on-line, send the replay file to their e-mail (easy to find) explain who is being an ass with the time in the file and usually it will result in a ban (I have done this to good result).

BTW, I've nothing to gain from this (well, maybe a few new good adversaries:)), I don't belong to their "community" nor do I speak German...
It just happens that for the moment,no doubt they are doing allot for the GTREvo new community.

Stumbled upon this thread and have had the amazing experience way to much lately. You run the qualification get a proper spot on pole or upfront and the 1st corner some racers think all is lost or won in the 1st corner and just brake as late as they can or just plain to late. I rather have a race for 30 min fighting to take 2nd 3rd or w/e then ram all of m off right there.

Anyway Like the above poster it is a really nice thing to do to upload the video files to show crashers on well known public servers to have them banned. It makes the racing community a better place, gosh that sounds dodgy goodfellow lol, but it is true nevertheless. I'll start doing that as well I guess as due working on odd hours I will be stuck to public races now and then for a little challenge.

Today I was on the RD server which had Bruno on...4 min left to qualify and 0 experience with the car I managed 7th but in the 1st corner I ended up being smacked form the rear into the barrier by someone not even lifting the throttle. I'll record form now on and hope he won't get the chance to do it to anyone else anymore.

Would be a good thing if all sim racers serious about their hobby report as much they can.

Damn those cheaters

Here is a vid of me on the grid getting rammed and disqualfied for someone else jumping start.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efU5LIss0sU[/media]

I wish there was a way to only disqualify the jumpers

• Matt Alpeter

Here is a vid of me on the grid getting rammed and disqualfied for someone else jumping start.

dang that sucks.

I'd like to know how those people jump start before all the cars are even ready! I remember one time we were waiting on maybe 8 or so cars..so your car is still locked. Next thing I know, this guy flies right passed me and starts doing doughnuts in front of the grid.

• Matt Crouch

Probably down to a bug somewhere, like the one where two people appear in the same gridslot.

I had one the other day where my car appeared beneath the track before I'd even clicked "drive" and I just sat there falling infinitely. The Drive button was greyed out so I couldn't click it :(

• Matt Alpeter

lol I remember a rolling start where half the field was taken out by 2 cars landing in the same grid spot haha.

• Ian Landry

As I'm stuck to public servers for now, and I get only limited race time each week, I can say that I have had good as well as bad experiences.

Just this morning, I was on a public server racing at Brands Hatch in Minis. Qualified 7th out of 20, start was OK but I got hit from behind at the first corner... kept the car on the track (bless that wide green area after turn 1) but had suspension damaged from the hit. Nevertheless, I stayed on and fought my way back to 4th place, all the rest of the race with clean racing except one guy going the wrong way on the second lap, but he didn't seem to hit anyone...

I think if you can find your way to the top 5-8 racers, then usually it is mostly clean after the start, which is always hectic.

As I'm stuck to public servers for now, and I get only limited race time each week, I can say that I have had good as well as bad experiences.

Just this morning, I was on a public server racing at Brands Hatch in Minis. Qualified 7th out of 20, start was OK but I got hit from behind at the first corner... kept the car on the track (bless that wide green area after turn 1) but had suspension damaged from the hit. Nevertheless, I stayed on and fought my way back to 4th place, all the rest of the race with clean racing except one guy going the wrong way on the second lap, but he didn't seem to hit anyone...

I think if you can find your way to the top 5-8 racers, then usually it is mostly clean after the start, which is always hectic.

Problem is, I have seem many "grudge" matches.. a misunderstanding/accident etc, and the wait at the end of a stright or something.

I tend to hug the pit wall down the straight when this happens, they dont see you till the last minute.

I think if you want a serious race, it needs to be a private server!

Mye that is dodgy, sometimes the rullings is really far of from being cool and real to be honest but can't have a real time referee I guess.
Which makes me wonder how the rules and which are applied on the RD servers during races.

I was backrammed on nurburgring mid 2nd corner...ended up loosing control spinning of into the grass on the left side of the track and flying back on the track in 3rd corner...got control again and continued my way with suspension damage. BUT I got a STOP and GO penalty for cutting the track whole I fell back 10 places lol....pretty stupid if you ask me.

And on some WTCC races at the nurburgring yesterday as someone pointed out, if you get to the top 10 racers you usually end up having a good race. Even had a few really intense races where we had the top 3 finishing within 1 second !

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.