• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Rallycross confirmed in pCARS 2

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by krzysiek_aleks, Apr 11, 2017.

1. krzysiek_aleks

krzysiek_aleks

Ratings:
    +24
    In exclusive article, Red Bull announced, that in Project CARS 2 there will be rallycross mode. It looks like they might get official Red Bull GRC licence, cause on gameplay footage on Red Bull's fanpgae there is Daytona RX track with GRC signs. You can spot Honda Civic GRC car, old VW Polo WRX and Mini WRX from JRM.
    http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331853364162/project-cars-2-video-and-gallery

EDIT: PR from pCARS2: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...-thrill-with-licensed-cars-and-tracks?lang=en

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore

Ratings:
    +114
    Wow , nice .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    "Work in progress". I hope for some progress there, was some weird points in the trailer.

Also slightly interesting to see how Codemasters was asked/told not to use real life stages etc. for DiRT 4 due to licensing to the official games, while SMS have managed to get much licensed stuff from the FIA WRX in to this game.

4. galefoce97

galefoce97

Ratings:
    +4
    Theres a few tracks that can be seen in the trailer. There are a few I can't quite make out but I can see these.
    Hell
    Loheac
    Dirtfish Rally School
    Daytona
    Knockhil

5. wicken

wicken

Ratings:
    +11
    The RX tracks featured in game are:
    • DirtFish
    • Daytona
    • Hell
    • Hockenheim
    • Knockhill
    • Loheac-Bretagna
    • Lydden Hill

6. Rob Every

Rob Every

Ratings:
    +99
    I would imagine IMG are quite happy to take money from both companies, and have not signed an exclusivity contract with Codies.

Most of the cars in the screenshots are GRC cars, and if that is the case the tracks are pretty dire, probably made up using existing venues as the case in real life

But if they are modelling real tracks like Hockenheim then that is a leg up on the Dirt games.