Rally - "WRC World Tour" - Mon 10th & Tues 11th January 2011

whoopee, ....Though I will not post any replays, it looks just too silly how I literally carry the Focus round the bends on my bare hands to avoid any crashes :)

Hey Eckhart, send a replay or two. When you get a result like that, get in the movie. Besides, it may be a lesson on how to drive a Rally in these conditions, I was very dull and boring too.

Not a great night in terms of results but Great fun in driving these stages ,not used to the WRC cars an making silly mistakes,
start to nervous in St1 an St 2 Japan 2 CFH, St 3 was ok (not fast but little mistakes) St 4 was a "nightmare" killed the engine retire,
St 5 so so, St 6 lot of trouble killed to guys halfway only third gear left, St7 1 CFH an St 8 was "Bad"after a hit only second gear an after a while the engine give up the beating so retire, But I am in for the Fun not for the points an Fun it was.

Great to see so much guys around ,thanks All an Senad an Warren for putting sings together!

Thrilled stepping on the podium! thank you all for the great rally and specially to those who organize and setup the server :pray:

though if there was no red ink there the result would have been more close especially MarkJ really fast time but I guess somebody place something on his racing line somewhere :rolleyes:

looking forward for more fun rally club events!

Yikes! :eek: what a rally! well done if this was your first intro to a club event, it was mistakes a-plenty for me, but happy to get were i did considering.

Congrats to all who turned up and to the podium Simone, Warren & Terri, great pace guy's!
I think Terri might be another contender for 'Mr Consistient' great run! :good:
Don't worry Warren with 2nd place you're not going to loose that title anytime soon, great fun trading stage times (I've got to get a microphone for TS).

I did no prep for this one so was kind of expecting some slow times, was lucky not to DNF a couple stages.

However, i learned a important lesson with the night & foggy stages (should hve learned by now), don't! rely on stage memorisation! (bad habit) look ahead and commit to the pace notes (recce the bad bit's), might have improved my position otherwise.

Lot of little mistakes cost me, things like not loading my car setup before start of a stage, wrong gears for stages etc. Was crawling home like snail on Joux Plane, stuck in 1st gear with a 1 minute to go:wink:.
Also had to call help twice for not being able to select reverse, not much you can do when there's cliff edge or a tree stuck to your front bumper :wink::wink:.

An early incident on SS4 with 'Pinus Radiata' gifted me a severely slipping clutch and saw me feathering the throttle just to get traction with a minute to go. Extremely frustrating but at the same time appreciating the awesomeness of RBR's damage model.

Looking at the times overall we have definitely got a great mix of talent amongst us, this seasons looking pretty good so far.

Thanks Warren & Senad for organising, see you all at the next one.

@Mark: other than the red ink great pace m8, and nice choice on car selection too.
If your interested?, due to technical issues my previous team mate Robb had to change his entry for this season's championship (sadly missed), if your thinking of joining with the same Subi (or anyone else thinking of running Subi s12) give us a yell if your interested in forming a team?

@Kevin: Howzit! Great to see another Kiwi flag on the server, good to have you join us in the fun.

WRC World Tour

Very Happy with my 9th place overall,much better than i expected for only my second club rally.
I chose the subi S14,mainly it was the only one i could see decently out the front of.(not up to
speed with camhack yet).

Didn't do that much practice ,probably a couple of drives over each stage just to see if there was anything particularly nasty out there...there was ......stage 5 and 6.Don't know why but i find it easier to drive up to and around ,rather than handbrake ,the hairpins unless they are really really tight.
My goal was to finish each stage so drove cautiously,especially New Bobs at night.Even so still had a few off's and had to CFH once .
Enjoyed the snow in stage 7 and probably should have pushed a bit harder as i really got into a bit of a rhythm,only to go crashing off with a tight turn out of the blue..whew.
Really glad i found RBR on trademe ,for 10 bucks this sim really delivers ...i am hooked.
Thanks to Senad and Warren for setting up the sessions,looking forward to the next rally.
@Eddie.thanks for the welcome.
@Warren,hope the flooding isn't affecting you to much ,watching the news it looks absolutely atrocious.

Congrats to the podium guys; this was a tough one.

My night was ok, the odd mistake here and there - one massive one on SS3.....wait for the video! Unfortunately it all came undone in the snow when I slid wide and went headfirst into a pair of little trees, destroying the engine.
A big welcome to all our new drivers; it's fantastic to see the Rally Club grow and grow. Of course, a big thankyou to the organisers too.

Well was my first club event using rbr and despite finishing 22nd I was happy to have only retired in one stage, I was just looking to finish and was taking it easy in some stages so know that midtable is my target for next event! Kinda feel like kimi as iv raced an f1 league for 5 seasons so this is new territory fir me but I'm loving it :D!!! thanks to the organisers and to every1 for the warm welcome!! I'm just deciding which car to use to the RDRC S2!!!!

Veeery nice Senad, thanks mate.

We can all see why Simone is so hard to beat, really great driving in slippery conditions. :pray:

Ouch!!! I'm surprised Damien survived that crash, but great video work with the slow motion of it. :thumb:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.