Rally - The Ugly Duckling- Mon 6th & Tues 7th September 2010

Took all the cars out for a spin on the Rally School stage, to see which ones I can drive.

Had an off with a Fiesta, but some remarkably close times with other cars.

yugo.png

Yugo is the fastest, but I was all over the place here. I don't think I'd survive a normal stage.

Will probably go for the 205.

dang, out of this, work meeting scheduled for 19.30 to at least 21.00 just got the mail ... don't bother to do another timezone thingy, haven't had a chance to play all week, so really zero preparation, not a good idea in the Yugo :) enjoy the game, looking forward to your reports about the dunkling, lol.

Unfortunately I am going to be a non runner in this one. :frown: I thought things might be ok but such is life.

Looking forward to the replays to play with though, for some reason I seem to think I see a lot of rust.

Cheers and good luck everyone

:thumb:

Well, that's me all done for the event

Grabbed the keys to the Rustbucket and off I went:

SS1 - little warmup stage, reacquainting myself with the Yugo's "interesting" handling!
SS2 - clipped a bridge; got away with it pretty much
SS3 - clipped a bank; spun me 180 but no major damage just lost time
SS4 - flat out and on the limiter in 5th! Brilliant fun.
SS5 - ah Autiovaara how I do loathe thee, let me count the ways.....just can't find a rhythm for this stage. Took a little off road excursion and got stuck in a 'grass bank', had to call for help to get out.
SS6 - good fun stage; smooth and flowing with no major errors
SS7 - another nice stage; the hairpins were great fun in the little FWD Rustbucket
SS8 - had a VERY close call, nearly parking the Yugo sideways into the lake. I will have to speak to my co-driver about putting a "caution" in there. After that though it was a fantastic blast down the mountain.

The Yugo was certainly a handful but provided I kept my foot down and the revs up it dances quite well.

Thanks Warren for organising the extra session and good luck to everyone!

SS2 - messed it up 200m before the end. That's my signature rally style.
But still, going nicely.

SS4 - well, there goes a nice finishing position. One of the turns at the start, went into the trees, had to CFH. Almost had another moment like that just a few seconds later. Never driven this stage backwards, I think.
Robb took the lead there.

SS5 - all over the place. Understeering under acceleration killed me.
SS6 - just when I thought this is nice, lovely stage, no major understeer even... Rolled. No major damage. Rolled again. Lost the brakes. Last 5 km without brakes = fun.
SS7 - silly mistake, hit a fence on the outside while going full speed in a straight line
SS8 - was going fine... until it all went to hell :D. Started with me going wide into the lake, and then some mishaps in the narrow bits after that. All in all, my worst stage tonight.

Congrats Robb

Never again I'll choose Fiesta F12 , very bag gearbox, first gear takes forever :) .
Senad what happened in last stage, I thought I would finish second ?
One CFH, else everything went well and still could not beat Senad, but on last stage.... well that's rallying. Slow car but still fun to drive on gravel, to bad that were only 2 contenders on EU.
Thanks for organizers ! :letsgoracing:

Hmm two people on about that lake, maybe I better check it out before the rally tommorow. Also a request :D, would it be possible to have a rally using the Monte-Carlo Mod at some point? :)

Just finished my rally and what a shock with those cars, didn't have time to try before the event but had good fun :).
Some stages went fine some not too good, a few rolls and off's but no CFH :). The most important thing for me: the game works flawless now, no drop outs or any other problems. :) :) :). GL to all and lets see how everybody went.

Thx guys and see you next time. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back