Rally - The Feisty Bee - Monday 3rd & Tuesday 4th September 2012

Okay, I just started from SS2.

Hit something on SS6, cost me quite a lot as the engine lost power.

Sadly, I somehow misclicked and couldn't see where I ended up in total in RSCenter, already left the results page:(

Astonishingly, this car felt a bit better than many other cars that are not as old.

Really fun;)

Locked the car in second gear on SS1 early, locked the car in fourth gear early on ss8... Could definitively have been a better rally, but the car was suprisingly controllable :p

Tried to push more than ever before. Resulted in serious mistakes everywhere. Retired from the first two stages.
Promisingly I had some split-times close to Magnar. So, maybe I will be up there oneday...

This was fun. I have never try out this car before and it was good when i get use to it. I had 2 small offroad moments in finland but just lost a little time so no problem.
I was afraid that the engine would give up on Pikes Peak but it goes all the way up.
I have never before manage to drive a group B car up there, the engine always die half way up.
Thanks for a fun rally.

I was afraid that the engine would give up on Pikes Peak but it goes all the way up.
I have never before manage to drive a group B car up there, the engine always die half way up.

Yep, I was worried about that, so I gave it a test run up the mountain before choosing the Stage for this Rally. This car seems pretty tough actually, it can take some punishment, even though it seemed to be high revving all the way up Pikes Peak.

This car scares me because it handles so well. Stop hugging the road! I wish someone would give the Group B cars old suspension and diffs ect.

SS1: Never tested the car on tarmac. Handles more like a RWD here than on the loose to me. I hit a fence at the end and got a weird gearbox problem that is hard to describe.
SS2: Spun, but it's all good; I didn't break anything :rolleyes:
SS3: I hit a tree at a relatively low speed and the water temp went up to 139. Oddly, it stayed there and the car did not act any differently.
SS4: The film on the windshield is distracting.
SS5&6: Just driving...
SS7: For a stage called Limbo it felt more like rally heaven. When I saw the name, I thought of something like this. Really fun. Where is that couple Tommy was talking about?
SS8: I found this to be the easiest and most fun stage of the rally. It had more grip than I remember. Good choice :thumbsup:

I had fun with this rally. If we do another Group B event, I think the 205 would be a stable choice. Good luck all!

wow, I'm really having some bad luck with rally club recently.
Can't make this as have some emergency friend related problems that need to be urgently attended to before someone ends up in hospital :O
anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and I really wish I could race ! the 037 is an amazing piece of work :thumbsup:

Limbo was new to me and I drove EXTREMELY careful :laugh:, it's more like a test drive than rallying :rolleyes:. I lost a lot of time there, so I pushed very hard on the Pikes Peak stage, good thing this car's engine can take punishments. The car is RWD but for me it felt like driving a FWD, I always end up understeering, didn't really found a good pace for this car, just drove very cautiously.

I thought this was a lot of fun, I quite enjoyed the Lancia. It was lively without being overly powerful, but it did take a little bit to get used to it on the different surfaces.

Off to an auspicious start by spinning it around on SS01 after about 15 secs. :redface: It took me ages to do a 5 point turn to get it facing the right way, so I was a bit overly cautious for a while after that.
No major dramas after that, just tried to enjoy the handling of this car. I did manage to match Fernando on a few stages which made it more interesting, but on Pikes Peak, Fernando decided to stop playing around with me and flogged me by about 30 secs. For some reason I was having lots of trouble preventing wheelspin at Pikes, couldn't find any traction out of the tight corners (and there were heaps of those ;)) .

I saw Gundars threw in a couple of quick stages too.

Thanks to the other guys who joined the OC Session, it was a nice Group. :)

Overall Rally Results

7cI0K.jpg

zFKdJ.png

Congrats Fernando, Magnar, Tommy

Stage wins:
Tommy Nilsson: 4 stage wins
Fernando Agapito: 2 stage wins
Gundars Brigis: 1 stage win
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%