Rally - Modern Times - Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd January 2013

And I'll just tag Roy Magnes here as well, so he have something to read when he wakes up in the morning! Just because, I'm that kind by nature! :)

Tyrone Frith
I didn't actually see your signup before I started with the tagging, so now I feel awful by having forgotten you - feel free to give me a nudge of a time you would like to start tonight. If you are unable to run at any other time, I'm really, really sorry. And I hope to make it up for you, one time, in the future, if I'm able to do such a thing.

Thanks Ole for setting up that session (and Roy), had a really enjoyable time.

SS1 - Messy, overran a junction after missing the note, hit a spectator, went to fast after to try and catch up, then overspun, so slowed down
SS2 - Spun in beginning due to my steering wheel coming loose (something to learn from, always make sure clamps are on good! :p), manage to turn around without CFH, but hit spectator later on in stage though.
SS3 - Nice clean stage, really happy with this one.
SS4 - Hate this stage, planned on just crawling through it :p. Uneventful, slowly, driving through in 5th.
SS5 - Uneventful
SS6 - Nice, clean, uneventful
SS7 - Had never run through second half of stage before (always crashed early in practice :o), so a bit slow, but not too bad. (and a few near misses :p)
SS8 - A little bit slower here than in practice, but still OK.

Asides from the first 2 stages it was a completely clean rally, and no DNFs for the entire rally either, which I'm really happy about.
Was surprised I was able to mostly control the car, after struggling last season with the Gr.N car, definitely looking forward to next seasons RDRC now.
I really enjoyed the tarmac stages in this rally as well.

Well that was a fun rally. CFH more than I want to count and sent a few to hospital but I like the new stages and I had some good company in the US session. Thanks to all. Ole and company, thanks for making it work.

I was really wondering why there's nobody in the US session, so that explains why, it's a USX time :laugh:, but anyway I've decided to just proceed because I might not make it on OC, it was a lonely run but still had some fun with the great stages :).
I had a good run on the other stages, but Fernando will probably punish my times hard when he does his run though :p
I bet it would be just very close, lets say on your favorite stage :D.

Here's some funny shots during my warm up with the lucky Marshall who doesn't give a :poop:.

Jump%201.jpg

Jump%202.jpg

I really hate these suicidal Marshalls :laugh:.

Jump%203.jpg

Mine went black on stage 2, still loaded (could hear the music playing) but completely blank screen. Never had this happen before, something to do with the dusk mod perhaps?

Yep, stage 4 (night mod) happened again....something funny going on here :(

Akagi....what fun!

:mad: both stages 6 and 7 (dusk and night respectively) same problem....the event is officially a writeoff :thumbsdown:

All stages loaded perfectly for me, too bad my mind was elsewhere tonight :(
I took the Polo tonight, just to see how the new physics are. The torque is immense!! I believed thats what caused many a crash this session for me, I need loads more stage time in that car. Incredibly quick though!
I think there were about...3(?) stages I was proud of, the rest were either too slow or too crashy.
A fence baton miraculously killed the engine on Sieversdorf, and running into the grass in Liptakov did the same thing. [Borat] Very Nice! [/Borat]
No grip whatsoever on Hradek, so I grannied it the entire way through.
Akagi by far was the most enjoyable stage, definitely have to be on the ball for that one!

Thanks for organising the rally again guys, much appreciated!!

Sieversdorf rules but Akagi is still the best fun you can have on tarmac! :)

The worst thing that happened to me was when on the SS1 I lost my rear end for a moment on the grass and one of the marshals got in the way.

On SS2 I damaged my rear suspension in the first chicane. Barely made it to the end. :ninja:

The rest of the stages were OK, I was clean but not on the limit. During night I just wanted to stay out of trouble. I'm pretty pleased at the end. :)

Thank you!

Congrats Dubravko and Timo!

See Roy, it's just very close :p.

I knew Timo would fly again on his territory SS4 Finland stage so I attacked very hard with almost no braking! :D. It was a crazy run too on Akagi.

Stages loaded perfectly for me too, though I experienced a bit of lag on Sieversdorf but it didn't really affected my driving.

Cheers and Thanks all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back