Rally - Dirty Dancing - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th April 2011

Relized 3 min before the rally that the only game I've ever driven a Mitsubishi in was V-Rally 3. Smart? Nah!

SS1: Felt a bit slow and sluggish, turned left instead of right in a corner, and lost the stage win with one tenth of a second to Roy!

SS2: Hahahaha! :) I do think this stage was saved by a lucky star or something I was everywhere on and off the road but almost 10 sec ahead of Roy. Not enough though, I feel I should have at least 40 sec to those behind when the Japan stages starts.

SS3: I hate Japan - and with 4 spins (2 in Sector 2 and 2 in sector 3) it didn't go well. Lost 24 sec to Simone.

SS4: Haha! First I lost the car in T3 or something, and ended up in the river. Reverset, but hit a tree, moved forward, but couldn't get up, reversed again, but stalled the engine. I finally got the car up from the water just to hit a photographer that was on the outside of the corner. And stalled the engine again in the last hairpin. Lost a minute :p Rally over!

SS5: Out of Japan! One roll and two spins - need to calm down again. Accept that I cannot win! :p

SS6: Massive crash. Oilpump failure.

SS7: A new crash - retired from the rally.

So, the conclusion would be: Never ever race a car you've never driven, and stay in England! :p

So, the conclusion would be: Never ever race a car you've never driven, and stay in England! :p

LOL, the conclusion should be: don't overdrive it next time :p
It was my 1st time in the Accent as well and have enjoyed the drive VERY MUCH :)

ss1: didn't changed the default setup at all, wanted to feel the car first. Result: lots of spins :D
ss2 made some nice changes with the setup but went into the river at the 1st bridge lol, CFH
ss3 don't you just love Japan:tongue:, i like it very much, especially Noiker:cool:. was going ok untill that bloody right hander 3/4 down the stage, hit some trees and lost a lot of time:redface:
ss4 twisty, twisty, twisty..off into a barrier:D...what a snake of a stage..:)
ss5 lots of fun, i like Prospect R.:)
ss6 don't feel this one at all, needs practice. 3 huge off's with multiple rolls with 2 CFH's, worth a video :D:D
ss7 & ss8 mon ami ; France is always entertaining on any other surface then the original..:tongue::D:D, what a ride with those hairpins:cool::):)

Very enjoyable rally, i wish i had the time to make some practice beforehand as i felt the win could have been within my grasp :tongue::D But whats more important, i had a blast:)

Thx Warren, Senad & RD, :good:

This rally was getting increasingly hard throughout with my cold and growing headache. Started well on the first two stages, crashed and lost it completely on Noiker, and was struggling even more from there on. I could just not keep up with the pace of particualry Simone, and ende up a minute behind. Still satisfied with this, as my hopes of doing anything good went downhill with my concentration :tongue:
My first time on the french gravel was also a bit interesting :)

Thanks to the organisers once more, gotta love these events :)

Did some practice with the Peugot but could not handle the car in the dirt,after playing with the setup (long gears an lower rear tyre pres.) it went a bid better, not that I was fast with it lol.

Bud there are a few sings that bother me ,on Noiker an Prospect after a crash I was thrown back to the main program ?? so have two retirements but I don't no how this happens ??

All an all it was way better than I expected (there were moments that I would throw the towel lol)

Thanks Warren an Senad

LOL, the conclusion should be: don't overdrive it next time :p
It was my 1st time in the Accent as well and have enjoyed the drive VERY MUCH :)

Shhhh! Logic and being sensible does not work while racing! :p
I really liked the Accent, and 206, but I used to long time deciding which one of them I would race, so I lost the chance with both... I'm really not very good with a long(er) car (it is longer, right? :tongue:)

EDIT: If i get an overall win on SS2, I will put it out on youtube I think, because that was one funny stage!

Had a lot of fun tonight, Damien, Warren, Corey and I were all in the US slot tonight, almost an Aussie vs. Yank battle :tongue:

SS1: Hit the marshalls on the left hand side not 30 seconds in, went OK from there.
SS2: Rolled over about a minute in and had to reverse off a barrier near the finish, managed to win by 9 hundredths over Warren, that was unexpected.
SS3: Went conservative, had a couple offs and lost tons of time but drove off in one piece.
SS4: Hit a few trees and dropped time, not really a fan of Japan in the rain.

SS5: Drove well, didn't take risks, won by almost 4 seconds over Warren.
SS6: Was leading through split #2, messed up a couple jumps into turns and flew off into the distance, had two automatic CFH's and dropped a minute.
SS7: Clipped a wooden barrier and killed my radiator, had a few more incidents, had a blast on the hairpins :D
SS8: Clipped a few barriers, took out the marshalls on a hill in the last sector, these French stages with Gravel Mod are super fun.

I had a blast tonight, was super awesome to have a few more guys in TS and on track, my performance wasn't the best but that doesn't matter, thanks Corey, Damien, and Warren for a great evening smashing into trees :wink:.

That was a very enjoyable rally, great to join the USA guys and have fellow Aussie, Damien, with us as well.
It was a good chance to chat over TS and get to know you guys better.

I aslo quickly grew to like the Lancer, it felt a bit understeery and sluggish at first, but also very stable to drive. After a while I found I needed to be a bit more aggressive to get it to turn in, but at least it didn't let the tail go without warning, something which I found helpful in the wet stages.
Overall, I thought it was a nice car to drive in the wet.

I had some scary moments, plenty of smallish mistakes, and few lucky escapes. At Pirka, I drifted straight towards two spectators, so aimed for the gap between them, waited for the usual red screen, but somehow missed them. :eek: I also bounced the Evo off a couple of trees without too much damage.
All good fun. Noiker is still one scary stage in the wet. :wink:
I really like the gravel mod around France too. :cool:

Thanks to Cory, Troy, and Damien for the company, hope we can arrange it again sometime. :)

Loads of fun. Had a nice time chatting in TS with Damien, Warren, and Troy.

I made small mistakes on almost every stage except SS7. SS7, everything was fine until I exited the first hairpin. I thought I would clear the tree, anchored so close to the side of the road, I was already looking past it when I hit it full throttle.

Regardless, it was a good time.

Well..

I think I won the fist stage in the OC session. Good start. In the begining it went pretty decent considering this is my first sim-racing event in 6 months probably. I messed up at Noiker and after that I lost my focus and messed up even more.

Still, I had fun. I have promised myself to do better next time :)

Yeah was great, was my first "raceDepartment" event and was quite fun.
Also was good to have a change of levels etc from what i usualy run.

thumbs up to Lucifer (aka Rick Bamford, aka the devil :p) for winning the OC server with a last stage 30 seconds under the rest of the field....well played!!!
I think me slowing down in Hualapai Nation II cost me second...then again if my prctice is anything to go by i would have finished alot worse if i didnt :p

Cheers all i look forward to seeing final resaults.

PS. yeah thanx Warren, dumb arse me didnt look at the actual server time but the displayed time on RSRBR.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 8.2%