rF2 Radical @ Oulton Park (Live Stream) - Tuesday 25th July 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well... crap. I forgot to check specific time, which meant that my practice time (both car and track) was limited to qualifying. That said the race was quire enjoyable. The only thing that REALLY annoyed me was the car's unexplained desire to pull to the side as soon as one of the wheel slips of the track (and this track offers plenty of opportunities for that). It really doesn't matter whether you put both wheels on the grass or 1/10 of an inch, the car is reacting like an addict looking for fix.

Still, very enjoyable overall even if I only found pace on my last laps of the second race. We should have rfactor 2 events, Sundays and Fridays would make it much easier for me to practice beforehand, though I'm sure many people love Tusday time slot too.

That was fun to drive for sure.
@Ivan Rico passed me on both starts. First race I coudn't get close enough and 2nd race I missed a chance when he had a small mistake and when I was getting closer I had too much understeer to try anything serious.
It was still fun trying, so thanks for the race :D

Races were really too short for my liking, but otherwise, great event :) cya guys

Fun race.

Quali went good for me, managed to put down a 1:37.6 and get P4
However in both races I lost positions going into T1, due to being on the outside and getting away slow.
In Race 1 I was having real big troubles with my front left tire, it was almost gone by the end of the race. I still managed to hold P5.

In Race 2 there was a small incident in T1 and I lost quite a lot of places, I think I was down to P9 by T4.
I put 7kpa more into my front left tire for that race to reduce the overheating. I don't know if that caused it but my lap times were 1 second slower then in Race 1. So I ended up in P9.

Was my second race with my new Rift, had to dial down the graphics and especially Supersampling with 30 cars on the grid. Also I don't think that tracks is well optimized, I had some flickering objects appear from time to time. Also the birds, helis and balloons look really bad in VR.

Anyways, fun race, great track. Thanks for hosting and racing fair. :thumbsup:
(Something like Cadwell Park would be nice also with this car I guess :) )

This was a very fun event, both races were great, this last two events have been great, specially with the large grids, it's always nice to see that, thank you for the races and see you next week :thumbsup:

Really good races for my first day in rF2 Racing Club.

Good qualifying session, P2. Couldn't really get a clean lap, but managed to be on first row behind @Dino Paolini.

Races were similar, I overtook Dino at the start and tried to get some space. I got it nicely in both races but on the second one I made a small mistake after the second chicane 7 minutes before the end and Dino stuck at my rear end for the last moments of the race.

Thanks for hosting, see you in next events!

Great fun on both races. Starting well on both races I won a position taking P4 at both starts. But first race gone bad, many mistakes and my G27 disconected :(
In the second race tried to push hard and I made a mistake ending in P6 behind @Gogui96 and @Matt Le Gallez
I tried to overtake Matt but it was imposible until the last two laps, I though he overheat his front tires and I had the oportunity to try a move on the last corner, he pushed me a bit offtrack but he waited for me. Last lap was crazy, overtook him on turn 4 and we went side by side from last corner to finish lane.

Well, What a great way to make a debut on the rF2 Racing Club. Tons of fun with this car/track

Qualified P6, I didn't managed the traffic very well and couldn't make a clean lap, anyway, it was a good position.

First race i started very carefull and it paid off. A couple of mistakes from cars in front of me put me on P3, then came the outstanding battle with @Matt Le Gallez , until i made a mistake 3 min before the checkered and lost P3 on favour of him.

The second race i went for a bit more agressive start, trying the outside on T1 to @Ferran122 But i couldn't made it. Then it became a copy of the first race, Matt trying desperately to pass me, and Ferran trying to make profit on that battle an pass Matt. 5 min Before the end, i managed to open a gap that allowed me to secure P4.

PS: I think Matt could have some nightmares with my rear tonight ;)

Well i must say my initial view of these mods being "mickey mouse" was blown away by the sheer joy i got driving these things.
Had some really good racing with some of the guys and must commend the overall attitude displayed by all.
Thank you for staging something different! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back