• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Radeon settings randomly disabling profiles

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Jan Mikuž, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    I will boot up the pc, start the game, only to find that the AMS profile is not in effect.
    None of the profiles i have is. This is a new issue. Driver is about a month old.
    Not just that, all the parameters have been reset to default (Supersampling, AA, etc..).

Why is that ? Anyone knows ? Is there a known solution to this ?
    There are unanswered threads on amd regarding this isssue...

Thanks

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +165
    I had this problem in the past and now only use WHQL driver versions, not the many in between, and you must do a clean un/install (option when you run the installer). If your game profiles still exist (are not wiped-out by the clean install), you have't done it properly. Yes, you will have to recreate them all.

3. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    What is a WHQL driver ? Are they labeled that way, so i can try this method ?
    Thanks for the tip.

I normally uninstall all my drivers first through control panel, then restart in safe mode
    and wipe what's left with driver sweeper.

4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    One more thing:

I just ran the radeon settings to check and now all my profiles are enabled again with
    all the parameters just as i've set them up. :O_o:

Apparently there's some bug/issue and it doesn't load saved settings/profiles properly
    every time i boot for some reason.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +165
    Yes, the file name of the install package will have that WHQL designation.