Racing Pictures 0-1000 Version 3

RULES:
  1. Post photos only (not links to other site) of a race car, truck, etc. (No Motorcycles please!!) that have a race number or badge clearly visible on the image. It's OK if the number has a letter in it somewhere. That often just denotes what class of racing the car is running, or if it's a meet and people have the same number.
  2. You can't post twice in a row.
  3. The image must be of an actual car and not an animation from a game or elsewhere, nor can the number be "Photoshopped" onto an image of a car with a different number.
  4. Your picture must be the next number in sequence from the previous picture. If someone posts Car #100, your picture must be Car #101.
  5. Please review the previous versions of this game. We'd like to see new pictures, not just re-using what was already posted. If you are having such a difficult time, you may use the same car again but a different picture of it.
It would also be great if you could post some information about the car and perhaps the driver and location the photo was taken.

I will post the first picture:

NASCAR NetZero Haas CNC car from 2004

0.jpg

Car #12 Budweiser Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS ca. 1984
Driver: Neil Bonnett
Owner: Junior Johnson
Sanction & Series: NASCAR Winston Cup
Track: Daytona
Event: 1984 Daytona 500

Trivia: Chrome wheels are mounted. WHY? Chrome rims would later be banned because wheel weights would sometimes fail to adhere.

Attachments

• 20220222_084444.jpg
    20220222_084444.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 91
Just an aside...that article was written in 2009. Pastor Maldonado used #13 in 2014/15. Not much good it did him, but I highly doubt the number had anything to do with it.

Moving on...

Tony Kanaan, AJ Foyt Enterprises
Genesys 300, Texas Motor Speedway
7 Jun 2020

14.jpg

Last edited:
Car #15 Motorcraft Ford Thunderbird ca. 1992
Driver: Geoff Bodine
Sanction & Series: NASCAR Winston Cup
Track: Darlington aka "The Lady in Black"
Event: 1992 TransSouth 500
Photographer: Yours truly!

I took my younger brother with me to Darlington in 1992 because Richard Petty is his favorite racer and it was his farewell tour. I had a friend in Myrtle Beach so we had a free place to stay.

The race was red flagged due to rain and could not resume due to darkness so Darrell Waltrip ended up the winner. During the rain delay, I was in the infield when I saw Kyle Petty sprinting. Not far behind in pursuit was ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch and a camera crew. Apparently Kyle did not want to talk, but I then witnessed a display of the Petty grace and style. Kyle stopped, signed an autograph for a young fan in a wheelchair, and resumed running.

Attachments

• 20220222_205158.jpg
    20220222_205158.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 79
Just an aside...that article was written in 2009. Pastor Maldonado used #13 in 2014/15. Not much good it did him, but I highly doubt the number had anything to do with it.
Sure, it's superstition. But that's how some people are wired I guess.

Photographer: Yours truly!
Nice shot. And cool story.

On we go: 1906 Locomobile "Old 16" Race Car

thf90188.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering