1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing Club Chat

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Larry Thomas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Any plans for racing week-ends (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) European times? These are the only days that I can usually race. Have had GSC for a couple of weeks now but have not as yet been able to, race on line. Very frustrating.

2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Id love to, but its being able to get others to play this sim, not a great deal of people playing it at any time, let alone weekends!

3. I think most people that are racing online are using their spare time for formula 3 practice atm . There is enough people to fill a room here but its all in the planning i think . Try putting a race meeting together and see if anyone signs up .;)

4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

As the title asks, have RD decided to pull support for holding GSC races, and if so, is it tempary, and whats the decision behind it?

Hope its just a little hold, as ive been enjoying these races, though i understand the numbers have been on the low side

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I really can't have more on my plate at this moment unfortunately. If somebody wants to volunteer to run this section with dedication they know where to find us :)

6. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Moist people are just busy practising for the league or moved to rF2(?).

I tried a few times to set up a dedicated server, but no one (including me) can connect to it. As I setup my router a few years ago, I cannot remember the password I created for it, so I am not able to open the correct ports. :p

I might be able to organise the club races after the current RDOWC league and my short trip to Portugal befinning next month.
    The current setup seems nice, first do a track with the F3 and next with the classic and maybe add to V8's to it too?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

After my home move, and everything unpacked, (were probably talking a month), I'm happy to take over the running of this section and the server for it. Might need a little help to set it and make sure its running properly.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Think once the league is over racing will continue here again that is if everyone does not move over to rFactor 2 :( will be a shame if so. Really like this game

9. i wish we had some F1 races or more classic ones :D

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

IF i can get it working right, im going to be doing as many races as people want, just need to learn about port forwarding and what not.
    Still, if people say they want more classic or f3, then thats what they'd get.

As i said earlier though, its going to be about a month before it takes off, plus the staff here have to approve me sorting things for this section!

11. Bram

Bram

We have a server CHN. Only need somebody to setup the event threads and we are good to go :D

12. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Oh, that should be easy enough, give me a couple of weeks then ill be more than happy to make sure theres plenty of races being organised, and id even do my best to get some "friendlies" with other sites going.

This game is far too good to just be sitting installed on folks machines, without being played!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Bram any chance i can organize a race for next week, if i put up the thread can you sort the server out?

cheers, i miss the club racing :(

14. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

We missed you signing up for the last couple of them ;)

15. Bram

Bram

Sure as long as you use the same of posting an event that fine, drop me a line when the server should be online and please maintain the signup list also :)

16. I know I can't offer any great experience, but I had to do an experiment.

I installed iRacing, rFactor, Game Stock Car, and rFactor 2, then compared. The result isn't colored by favoritism since I am all new to everything called simulators.

Game Stock Car feels much better than anything else. Now the question: why are people not racing GSC much more?

If you arrange a race or two with game stock car, I want to race, please, if there are places over.

Thank you :)

17. rFactor 2 was new and more appealing at the time :)

18. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

I know Scott!! That is why I used the ;) with my post! :D Make sure you won't miss any more Club Race here! :D

19. He will be castrated if he fails to turn up to any further GSC event. His boyhood fantasy with rFactor 2 should be saturated by now, so no more excuses.:p

20. Yes BOSS!
    what is it with you two picking on me? haha , yes i got the orders, :)