RaceRoom Updated, 1995 DTM Mercedes Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E 1995 Mercedes 1.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 2.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 3.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 4.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 5.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 6.jpg
Sector3 Studios have updated RaceRoom Racing Experience and made available for purchase the lovely AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 1995.

Releasing as a stand alone car as part of the current Mercedes DTM celebration eSports content, the 1995 issue AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse is one of the finest examples of touring car technology ever seen, producing a spectacular and technologically advanced racing car that went on to much success in the 1995 DTM championship, arguably the peak moment of the illustrious German national touring car series.

Having initially found life locked into one of the Mercedes free to play online leader board competitions, the '95 spec C-Klasse has now been released to the wider game, and can be picked up in the RaceRoom Store for £3.50, including nine iconic liveries from such teams as Zakspeed, D2 AMG, Persson and of course the factory AMG Mercedes team.

Alongside the new car release comes another relatively small update, focussing mostly on upcoming competitions and content releases, the changelog of which can be found below:

Game:
  • Fixed a pitstop exploit where a player could turn on ignition and engine back on much earlier than normal by stopping at the spot with the engine already turned off.
  • Fixed an issue in multiplayer where the player could end up having only 1 lap to perform in the race session. This was spotted on certain systems only.
  • Fixed an FFB initialization on the "Championship progress saved" message.

Content
  • Moscow - Modified track side banners in preparation for the Porsche virtual series.
  • KTM X-Bow RR - New livery #8 was added to store
  • Nuerburgring GP - Updated pitwall with latest Porsche hashtag, new Ravenol sign, new tarmac patches, fixed curbs shapes at the Schumacher esses as well as other various fixes and tweaks.
  • Lausitzring GP - Fixed HUD track map that was still using simple visuals.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new update? Are you enjoying the new (old) Mercedes DTM content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Always great to see new content make its way into our sims!
Tho Id really like to see some more work done to the core engine as there is a lot of features missing in raceroom compared to other titles which are pretty much standard now.
Raceroom has some of the best content & sound on the market but the engine is a step backwards from Race 07.
The move to the unreal engine can't come soon enough!

• ronniej

Good for the kiddies in the EU I suppose....If it's simulation your after, then stay away from this title. Your wallet will thank you as well . "Free to Play" lol.

*Nice car though. Reiza should hire their content and sound modellers.

• ronniej

If only Assetto can sound like this :roflmao:
It can...You can also create sound mods to each and every car too if you like. Also, while the sounds are deeper and more profound in R3E, it doesn't mean it represents reality.

*That said, the sounds whether realistic or not, are nice for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for the kiddies in the EU I suppose....If it's simulation your after, then stay away from this title. Your wallet will thank you as well . "Free to Play" lol.
While I may not be able to agree with everything in your response, I do have to agree with a bit of it.
They do seem to be a bit 'stingy' by developer standards.
One of the reasons I always buy and support Kunos' stuff, is because they seem to relate.
Sure! it's a business, but KS always seem to find a way to reward loyal users with lots of content in DLC packs at very reasonable prices...and every now and then, a 'free' car or two.
That kind of loyalty to the simracing community, goes a very long way toward future purchases.
Others simply want to 'jump' in, charge twice as much for cars, tracks and even skins...while treating the community as a withdrawal ledger.

Last edited:
While I may not be able to agree with all of your response, they do seem to be a bit 'stingy' by developer standards.
It is one of the reasons I always buy and support Kunos' stuff.
While it is in fact a business, KS always seems to find a way to reward loyal users with lots of content in DLC at very reasonable prices and every now and then a 'free' car or two.
That kind of loyalty to the simracing community goes a very long way.
Though, AC is now out of development and there will be no further DLC. Everything is now up to the modding community.

That’s the big drawback of AC. And ACC will be completely focused on GT3 and no modding possible.

And I do understand the choice of Kunos, But reality is I do prefer on going developed games like R3E and RF2.

And soundwise, when you listen to the new GTE’s in RF2... Such a beautiful sound!

Don't really know what you are so angry about. Yes the system is a bit questionable but you can get the WHOLE content for like 60 euros. That is damn cheap if you ask me, for other sims with all the dlcs you pay at least double the price. Not even gonna start with iracing but that's a special case I don't want to discuss about.

And to the F2P point. The base game is free to play, there just isn't a whole lot of content in it. It is for you to have a little insight before buying it, like a demo.

Though, AC is now out of development and there will be no further DLC. Everything is now up to the modding community.
That’s the big drawback of AC. And ACC will be completely focused on GT3 and no modding possible.
And I do understand the choice of Kunos, But reality is I do prefer on going developed games like R3E and RF2.
And soundwise, when you listen to the new GTE’s in RF2... Such a beautiful sound!
I own everything including Rfactor2 and RRE.
S397' purchase of RF2 is good for that title and it's users.
It may be silly, but I still can't get over the 'slap' in the face from ISI on that one.
With so much to drive, I hardly ever use it...despite spending over $80 for 'lifetime' membership.
RRE' business model reminds me of the CEO who says "I will only take a $1 salary".
People become so focused on that aspect, that they fully lose sight of the fact he's doing it only to offset taxes on the $100m in stock options...while being taxed on $1 of salary.

Last edited:
It may be silly, but I still can't get over the 'slap' in the face from ISI on that one.
With so much to drive, I hardly ever use it...despite spending over $80 for 'lifetime' membership.
That doesn’t sound silly. It was pretty much a screwed up move from ISI for the lifetime buyers. Though it was a bad move in the beginning to charge that premium while development dropped in a slow pace extremely quick.

I really like the F2P system. Or better said, the content you paid the content you can play. For me it's the way it has to be. iRacing is pure crazyness but i think R3E has been fair. And they have offers like this summertime discount, when you can have it all for 50 bugs

Official word is that Kunos has decided to not fully support modding from the beginning through elaborate design choices aimed at modding of the software, support tools specifically made for modders, documentation and active support for modders.

This does NOT mean modding of ACC is not possible. In fact both Stefano and Marco have stated repeatedly in interviews that in no way to they stand in the way of modding but have taken this decision simply because of the immense time constraints in order to finalize ACC in time for a reasonable release where it's content is still relevant.

Only time will tell how ACC will be adapted for modding.

R3E on the other hand has taken the worst way here - not only does it rely EXCLUSIVELY on the continued support of the developers to improve existing content (some of which is now terribly outdated and simply cannot be improved by third parties) but also the always online game launcher puts up questions what happens once the studio will stop support for R3E.

Don't get me wrong - I am using them all (bar iRacing as I never tried it) and like them all for their individual strengths.
An argument for R3E cannot be made though when it comes to modding.

Regarding the new content released - I am waiting this one out I think - plenty of busy racing going on with the new rF2 content (I barely could run them yet) and Assetto Corsa online racing.
I would have loved to see a complete 1995 DTM field - I loved some off the other packs ('92 DTM was brilliant when it was fresh but has aged not as gracefully in terms of physics, the same goes for the Gr 5 pack, the more recent GT3 cars are brilliant yet other sims do them at least as good as well (I prefer AC here).

Regarding the never ending price vs. value discussion around R3E I can only say that it's great to have a title that can offer online racing with no or very little cost involved (you can race online if you have just the car you want to drive and don't need all the other content).

This just simply has to be the best value for money title in that regard - now if it also would support modding there would simply be no argument about it any longer, too bad R3E doesn't :-(

It has been stated often enough - for much less than 100 USD you can grab the whole content pack including all tracks and cars. R3E is NOT iRacing and normally cost should never be an argument when it comes to R3E - it is just that some people can't get over "different" unfortunately.
I think overall I have spent more money for Assetto Corsa and content than for R3E none of which I have ever regretted (that cannot be said about a certain product starting with P from a studio ending with S).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back