RaceRoom The Game is coming

A new title from SimBin is on the way, to be ready on December 1st. RaceRoom The Game will be a free piece of software that will be installed in SimBin's RaceRooms, where people can race against each other in the same room, but the game will also be available for download. Included are two cars - the Chevrolet Camaro and a fictional F1-inspired open-wheeler, the Formula RaceRoom.

But that's not all. With the launch of the game, SimBin has also set up a website, www.raceroom.net, which will act as a global online portal for all of their titles; similar to SimRaceWay, but especially for SimBin's games. Features of the website, which is still in beta, include leaderboards, competitions, forums and a live online lobby viewer. There is also a 2010 Digital Edition of the famed GTR2 available for download, but unfortunately this version has a car brand removed due to licensing issues, and thus will not be compatible with older retail versions of the game.

Head over to www.raceroom.net and check it out - there are some interesting things to find on the website.

Have I missed something?? I was watching the video banner on the RaceRoom Home page and noticed twice especially after it shows you the helmet designer that they have STCC2 The Game with the Scirocco on the cover in the game selection menu!!!

It took me ages to find it again as the site wasn't loading the banner. When it runs the video banner at the top of the screen with Join Now at the bottom right. I've taken a screen shot, but can't add it here. I'll start a thread with the pic in a minute in the GTR Evolution forum:).

@ David Wright:
A message from Mikkel Gram-Hansen about this:
RaceRoom The Game (which is released December 1st as things look right now) is based on the current known tech, but with a few twists to spice it up. It is a free game done as a gift to everyone to have a bit of old fashion fun while we all wait for whats next.

Seems to me this is the last release on this engine.

So if indeed it were the wrong message, Whats else should they have done?

Either way,Simbin has aligned itself nicely with Race Room, it's Lizard engine is coming (supposedly), the new rFactor central style website is a long awaited breath of fresh air, and they have announced GTR 3 and that it's taking a step back to being a little more hardcore.

Simbin's titles can only rise and rise, provided they get the online network code sorted :D
Win win for us all I reckon.:cool:

Phill Routledge;678240 said:
So if indeed it were the wrong message, Whats else should they have done?

Stop releasing the same game that we've been playing for the last years. Don't get me wrong, I really hope all the best for Simbin, but its time that something new is going to published. I have bought and played RACE, RACE 07, STCC, GTR Evolution and RACE On the last four years and I fear we are getting another expansion on the Race Series with this game on the same old engine.

It's 2010 and we really need an improvement on the graphics side of things. After playing F1 2010 and Gran Turismo 5 I am only more convinced that the hardcore simulations (rfactor 2, iracing, GTR Evo, ARCA, Live for Speed, Netkar Pro) are totally outdated on graphics.

I know this might sound a bit negative but that is not the intention of my post. I hope simracing titles will continue to appear in the future, I really do. But if sales need to increase (pc sims is a tiny market) developers will need to make their graphics better and physics more real (e.g. more grip) to appeal to a broader audience of gamers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back