RaceRoom Racing Experience: Triple Screen Support Upcoming!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Triple Monitor Support.png

At long last the radio silence around triple screen improvements has been broken.. RaceRoom Racing Experience is getting multi monitor support next patch!

Having been in development behind the scenes for a little while now, Sector3 Studios have finally confirmed that RaceRoom Racing Experience will be receiving a first pass of triple screen support in the upcoming patch due within the next few weeks. Initially the first release will bring with it plenty of the essential requirements for modern multi monitor support, however further development and improvements such as in game UI FOV adjustment and drivers eye positioning are expected to follow in future builds.

When challenged as to the performance impact of triple screen support, Sector3's own @Georg Ortner explained that performance loss is considered to be in "acceptable range" for the new feature.

"A performance loss is to be expected when rendering 3 different images at the same time, but from what I have seen so far it's within an acceptable range" said Ortner.

You can find out more about the new feature details below:

Multiview
An option that allows for independent rendering of each individual screen, rather than stretching one image across multiple monitors.
This will eliminate any kind of image distortion.

Bezel correction
This will create a seamless transition across all screens by compensating the area hidden by your monitor bezels.

Angle correction
An option that corrects the view depending on the physical angle of your triple screen setup.

The feature is currently being tested and we are planning to release a first iteration of it in the next patch.

You will be able to setup your triple screens by entering the following values as a steam launch argument:

[middleScreenWidth]
[middleScreenHeight]
[middleScreenBezelWidth]
[middleScreenDistanceToPlayerEyes]
[leftScreenWidth]
[leftScreenHeight]
[leftScreenBezelWidth]
[leftScreenAngle]
[rightScreenWidth]
[rightScreenHeight]
[rightScreenBezelWidth]
[rightScreenAngle]

for example: -triScr 62 34 2 60 52 29 2 45 51 29 2 45

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more information as and when it becomes available.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC via the Steam network.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:

Racing Club
Leagues
Setups
Mods

Community

Looking forward to triple screen support? Happy to see Sector3 developing this area of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Sweet I will now have another Sim to enjoy. To be quite honest ... I couldn't believe that raceroom didn't have triple screen support when I purchased it long ago. It's been sitting idol ever since. Soon Not any more !!

I personally do not use triple screens, but I am very pleased for those that do ...it is long overdue and can only be another huge plus point for this sim :thumbsup:

I am really looking forward to the "other" updates and another DLC, that are to come in the very near future I believe :)

I thought my NVIDIA already did this as I have been using R3E in triple screen for a few months already.

What you've been using is simply one image, meant to be displayed on a single flat screen, just stretched over three monitors. So as it's meant for a flat screen, it comes out distorted on a typical triple screen setup where the side screens are actually at an angle to the middle one. You might've been lucky to not experience that much distortion as it all depends on specific setup, on your FOV setting and things like that. But it can never be fully correct.

Proper triple screen support is a lot more complicated - it means essentially rendering three separate images, one for each monitor, that take into account the angle of the monitors and stuff like that to give you a geometrically correct, non-stretched image for your seating position.

For a visual explanation, take a look at this video - especially at the part that starts at around the 9 minute mark where you're shown the difference:

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%