RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Hotfix Update 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a small hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience today to address a couple of issues that have arisen post release of the latest major game build.

The new hotfix, available immediately to download from Steam, addresses some issues that have prevented a couple of liveries showing for the fairly new BMW M6 GT3 car and various miscellaneous multiplayer amendments.

Of great relief to those of us who run dedicated servers, the issue around password protected servers has also been addressed with this release, allowing locked dedicated server installs to return to normal operation conditions. Unfortunately while the studio investigate a more suitable implementation of blue flags the ability to incur blue flag related penalties have been temporarily disabled.

6/4/2017 Hotfix Notes:
  • Fixed issue where the 2 new released BMW M6 liveries (#19 and #20) were not visible in the menus.
  • Fixed issue where the game client was sending empty password to server regardless of what the player entered when joining a Multiplayer session on a password protected server.
  • Fixed an issue where game was pausing for some players by removing the automatic pause that gets triggered when game loses focus.
  • Fixed issue where spectator clients were not able to join multiplayer servers.
  • Fixed a flag issue where a car that caused the yellow could not be safely overtaken.
  • Disabled blue flag penalties for the moment as certain players were maliciously using it to destroy other players’ races. It will still show blue flag warning but no penalty will be handed.
RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation available exclusively for PC. Additional paid content is available for the game via the RaceRoom Store and can be purchased separately.

RaceRoom Hotfix Update 3.jpg
RaceRoom Hotfix Update 4.jpg
RaceRoom Hotfix Update 1.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Have you tried the new hotfix update yet? Do you think the release has addressed the issues mentioned in the change log? What do you think of the 2016 WTCC pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally get it, I spent nearly two years trying to get a pleasing feeling from R3E on my old PC and it just never happened. But for whatever reason that PC had a lot of FFB problems with most games, AC was the only one that felt decent and even it wasn't always right. New PC and suddenly R3E feels great and I get more of that rolling on tires feeling from it than I do from AC now, which has kinda done my head in since I didn't even really adjust anything except steering rack. R3E is the one sim that everyone seems to have totally different experiences with which is quite bizarre, especially now that I've been on both sides of the fence. :redface: But man, when you get it right it's very satisfying (for me anyway).

Ok I have to admit that maybe there is one option to start tweaking the ffb that I haven't tried, I mean putting steering rack to zero and start from there. I'll try that tonight, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip.

Ok I have to admit that maybe there is one option to start tweaking the ffb that I haven't tried, I mean putting steering rack to zero and start from there. I'll try that tonight, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip.

Haven't tried this either, I like the FFB how it is but i'm always open for improvement.

Also if rumble is your problem, why don't you try to reduce engine noise if you haven't already?

Thanks for the tip.

It's a mysterious setting, I have no idea what it is or is supposed to do, I just know on my end it feels so much better with steering rack at 0. Hope it works for you, but no guarantees.

Actually a helpful member of the forum already explained that for us, I just happened to stumble upon it here.

Yeah, I've read that before but I still don't understand what the differences would be between forces from steering rack and forces from tires (I'm a dunce when it comes to this stuff). But I've managed to find what setting I prefer so I don't really need to know what it does. :) Like I said, no guarantee that others will like steering rack at 0 because everyone seems to have different experiences with the FFB in this sim, but for me it makes all the difference in the world. With it at 100 it's almost like there's no FFB or very light/simple FFB, but with it at 0 it all comes alive for me.

R3E is the one sim that everyone seems to have totally different experiences with which is quite bizarre, especially now that I've been on both sides of the fence. :redface: But man, when you get it right it's very satisfying (for me anyway).

Playing RR since 01/15 (481 hours according to Steam) and went through different stages of love and hate inbetween, thanks to the changing FFB due to updates is my guess, but getting used to other titles like AC could be one reason as well.

Today it´s something inbetween love and hate. I love the violence somehow, but a smoother FFB is more helpful IMO. Thanks to the Accuforce i can have both due to Sim Commander. In the GT3 i like the ingame FFB, but in the WTCC it´s driving me nuts. Also depends on the track and the smoother ones feeling better like Spa. My favorite FFB is a mix of 50% ingame and 50% telemetry FFB, which feels far more natural and more like other sims. I don´t use the effects or Minimum FFB ingame, so it´s really just the pure stuff, but it´s not made for stronger dd-wheels and wants to shine more on weaker Thrustmaster and Logitech wheels is my guess. Because there it´s probably a bit more like my mix. What i feel as violent BS-effects never would happen in a powersteering car is making this wheels more lively, but not enough to get confused.

The funny thing is, if i drive with full telemetry-FFB, so no Ingame-FFB, no canned effects and the tracks feeling smooth like a baby-butt, it´s pretty boring, but no disadvantage at all.

My FFB-favorite is AMS by the way.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back