RaceRoom Racing Experience Hot Fix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Hot Fix 9.12.16 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a small hot fix patch to RaceRoom Racing Experience recently, designed to combat some of the remaining online multiplayer issues experienced by a number of players post November 2016 update.

The relatively minor hotfix released yesterday addresses the race start disqualification bug, introducing a feature where rather than removing players from the race the game now forces a players car to their correct starting position before the race begins. Turn One cut track detection at Portimao has been improved, race results info and other minor issues have also been addressed in the new update.

The full change log for the December 9th update can be read below:

Multiplayer:

• Fixed an issue where weight penalties were automatically enabled in mp when there are multiple race sessions in event.
  • Fixed issue with people getting Disqualified on race start. Players are now force moved to their correct start location when countdown phase begins.
  • Fixed issue with players starting in garage having to do one more lap in race.
  • Fixed Race sessions 2 and 3 showing as Race 1 in Session Info.
  • Fixed an issue with dedicated server using reversed qualifying result when setting up race 1.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI
  • Portimao - Fixed turn 1 cut corridor being too narrow.
RaceRoom Hot Fix 09.12.16.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment, don't forget to sign up to the RD ROC qualifying event tonight at Spa!

Has the recent Hotfix patch resolved your online issues with the title? Has the game stability online improved for you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I want that shifter issue fixed that Billy Strange from ISR encountered in the KTM X-Bow video. I can't enjoy the car like it is right now and haven't fired up the game since Black Friday.

At the same time I absolutely understand the multiplayer problems were a priority. Still... pretty annoying to be amazed by X-Bow handling and then break into a tirade every third gear shift that is just skipped by the game.

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
Looks like they're getting back into a good rhythm after the initial disaster with the November patch.
  • Fixed issue with people getting Disqualified on race start. Players are now force moved to their correct start location when countdown phase begins.
  • Fixed issue with players starting in garage having to do one more lap in race.
These two issues were huge, so it's great that they've fixed them. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we see the return of the P2P connections in the next big patch.

I want that shifter issue fixed that Billy Strange from ISR encountered in the KTM X-Bow video. I can't enjoy the car like it is right now and haven't fired up the game since Black Friday.

At the same time I absolutely understand the multiplayer problems were a priority. Still... pretty annoying to be amazed by X-Bow handling and then break into a tirade every third gear shift that is just skipped by the game.
Why don't you try yourself? I haven't had any problems with shifting the X-Box, H-pattern with manual clutch. It could be that they've tweaked the clutch, Billy's settings or hardware were the culprit.
I've got clutch sensitivity at 20%, Lower Dead Zone=0, and Upper Dead Zone=25 (default 100). With the default upper dead zone at 100 the clutch engages close to the floor, you need full throw. My clutch doesn't engage until almost at full release, this allows for a wider shifting timing zone (disengage/engage within the first 25% or so of pedal travel.
BTW, I'm using the same shifter as Billy in that video.
I sure wouldn't not drive the car based on its shifting behavior.

Why don't you try yourself? I haven't had any problems with shifting the X-Box, H-pattern with manual clutch. It could be that they've tweaked the clutch, Billy's settings or hardware were the culprit.
I've got clutch sensitivity at 20%, Lower Dead Zone=0, and Upper Dead Zone=25 (default 100). With the default upper dead zone at 100 the clutch engages close to the floor, you need full throw. My clutch doesn't engage until almost at full release, this allows for a wider shifting timing zone (disengage/engage within the first 25% or so of pedal travel.
BTW, I'm using the same shifter as Billy in that video.
I sure wouldn't not drive the car based on its shifting behavior.
No, it's a bug, I already got a reply before Billy's video that it's a known issue and for me it even skipped gearchanges (or better: the gear-number shown) with the clutch pressed and held down/never released, so it's not a clutching problem. Every third or so quick shifter stick movement isn't recognized.
You are right though that I probably should try it again, maybe they fixed it and the fix didn't make it into the patch notes.
Edit: And I have the Th8A too.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Latest update totally wrecked the game. I'm constantly stuck at loading screens now. Hope sector 3 fixes this soon

This what you should say "Latest update totally wrecked the game for ME"

Because if your statement was true, there would be a lot more people complaining, but there isn't. Obviously, you are having a problem but I would suggest it's probably your setup/hardware/game file corruption.

I have a small problem with the Nordschleife, I'm running an older dual core with an AMD Radeon 7700 and 4 gigs of ram. Before this past update I was running about 25 cars with graphics set to say medium/low and had decent frame rates now I can't go past 5 car field or I end up with a bad stutter and hard drive that stays lit. All other tracks I can run up to above 30 car field. (I don't have Mount Panorama so can't check with that huge track) I know it's really time to upgrade but I don't understand how it worked great prior and now no dice. Hard to point the finger at the update because Windows updated around the same time so did Adobe Flash player, I rolled a restore but that didn't help. I even moved the track folder ran a game cache validation which reinstalled the track but still can't get it going. I even tried a 10 car field with graphics at the lowest setting and still no go. My only guess is the new adaptive AI is really hungry..any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

swinny

Premium
I have too say their are many suffering problems with this title,especially connection issues etc.This product is sold via steam and on their forums there are many customers with problems.I guess they post there as it is where the game is for sale and from where it was purchased.

I have too say their are many suffering problems with this title,especially connection issues etc.This product is sold via steam and on their forums there are many customers with problems.I guess they post there as it is where the game is for sale and from where it was purchased.
Funny they're no glitches in the vRP section, next transaction will be to RaceDepartment for premium membership. (;

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000