RaceRoom Porsche DLC Live Stream and Interview - Wednesday December 20th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Talk and Drive - Sector3 Studios Porsche DLC 1.jpg

On Wednesday 20th December we will be taking the upcoming RaceRoom Racing Experience Porsche DLC for a spin with Sector3 Studios physics engineer Alex Hodgkinson.

The long awaiting debut of Porsche in RaceRoom Racing Experience is just around the corner, with a first DLC set to drop in the simulation before the big jolly man in the red suit breaks into our homes to leave gifts, and in anticipation of the arrival (of the cars, not the house breaker) we decided it might be another good time to try them out ourselves and talk to the man responsible for making the magic happen under the hood, Mr. Sector3 physics guru himself Alex Hodgkinson!

We will be taking to the track in the stunning new GT4 Cayman, 911 GT3 Cup and 911 GT3 R to lap the Nürburgring Short circuit while we talk with Alex and really get under the skin of the new machines, from conception on the drawing board to the work that has gone on behind the scenes to make these cars exactly what they are when the public get hold of them in a few short days.

So how do you watch?

Well that one is simple enough. We will be going live on our Twitch TV channel from 20:00 GMT / 21:00 CET for a couple of hours and will be publishing to our YouTube page once the live stream has finished. If you have any questions you want us to ask just pop on the broadcast and leave a note, or drop a comment in the comments section below!

Should be a blast, looking forward to seeing what we can learn from the man with the magic spreadsheet this coming Wednesday...

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Talk and Drive - Sector3 Studios Porsche DLC 2.jpg

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:

Talk and Drive - Sector3 Studios Porsche DLC 3.jpg
Talk and Drive - Sector3 Studios Porsche DLC 4.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Porsche coming to R3E? Have any burning questions for either Alex or myself? Let us know in the comment section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this Alex guy, listened to the other one you did for the GT3 cars and it's good now we have these people involved in sim racing who understand just how a racing car with fat slicks and big aero should handle....mainly not like its on ice.
I liked the bit where he was saying how RRE he hated how some off the race cars would suddenly spin around going 40mph round a corner and how it was simply not like real life...so he fixed it.
We are getting there. The only crap left now with awful ice tyre physics is Forza and that's a load of arcade rubbish.

How does raceroom compare to AMS in terms of how the cars drive?

For me, I'd say pretty similar, you have more options to tailor the FFB in RRe which is both blessing and a curse IMO. (can make you fiddle around too much).
RRe is just an extremly well polished sim and this comes across with the attention to detail with the whole package.
No sim comes close to how perfect the FWD touring cars are IMO.
Owning both I'd say AMS / RRe are in back to back tests of same cars similar as you'd expect as they will use same base data for the cars. But RRe for me seems to feel more like you are on the road via rubber tyres, sometime AMS can feel like your tyres are made of wood.

Hard to say as AMS doesn't have GT3 (not officially). I think the GT3's are now some of the best out there in terms of FFB, but I think AMS's overall FFB is still the benchmark. It's also consistent across the platform where you will find cars like DTM2016/GT3 quite good in R3E....there are also cars like the older GT2 and the German series that are a total train wreck.

Hey guys,

Thanks to those of you who tuned in, much appreciated :)

Apologies for the early technical difficulties, had some strange Skype related problems that caused some confusion... :( Anyway got it sorted in the end, and learnt never to trust Skype :D

Hope you enjoyed it, I sure did, and the YT video will be up probably tomorrow by the time it loads up. Please do subscribe to our Twitch and YouTube channels, it means a lot to us to know we are appreciated :)

Thanks (oh and more of these will be coming, including a few specials.....)

Hey guys, just as an aside, if you do a single race off-line right now the 911 GT3R is in among the A.I. cars. I tried it twice and got 2 different liveries and it is definitely NOT a RUF.
It is not in the store or in the menu but they've already tucked it into the game for racing against. :thumbsup::speechless::sneaky:

I've had R3E for 2.5 years now and AMS is a lot more enjoyable experience from my perspective. FFB is so hectic to tweak in R3E that I have cars I bought and never drove again because there was absolutely no feel or reasonable correlation to steering input.
The clio cup mod and mini in AMS drive better than any FWD car I've driven in R3E. The formula experience is the best in any sim. All the major formula cars since the 60s are well portrayed in AMS and the sound is second only to R3E.

I love this Alex guy, so nice to hear an actual race driver talk about racing cars in games.
He raises the point that the Porsche GT4 car is actually harder to drive than a GT3 car, because of more trick bits on the GT3 and the massive aero.

What titles like Forza and GT have done is make a 'game' out of playing with cars..so by that i mean you 'level up' to faster cars which are the racing cars at its pinnacle...the 'boss' cars if you like so they make those cars the hardest by giving them tyres made from glass and an ice race track....
Its back to front and demented and it means there are still people in the sim community (getting less) that really think high spec multi million pound race machines made by the finest genius engineers and designers with awesome fat expensive slicks, feel like they drive on ice!!

Finally we are getting some sense. When GT3 cars and other race cars are designed with the main purpose being to sell them to guys who have just sold their web.com empire for millions of pounds and they decide to they want to go be a racing driver, the whole point is to make your race car the most accessible.....GT3 are actually in sim terms...arcade.

It IMO the reason why it is used the most online...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back