RaceRoom: More Mystery Track Previews Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Track Teaser 4.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed another patch of preview images from the next track, with a distinct hint at Asian origins...

Teased to the world earlier this week
, Sector3 Studios have pushed live yet more "spy shot" pictures from the next circuit coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience, however the Swedish based development team still remain tight lipped as to exactly which track the preview images show, other than giving a very strong hint that the circuit could be based in the Asia region..

Any ideas yet?

RaceRoom Track Teaser 1.jpg
RaceRoom Track Teaser 2.jpg
RaceRoom Track Teaser 3.jpg
RaceRoom Track Teaser 5.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios. Available to download with a limited car and track selection for free, gamers can purchase additional content such as the DTM or World Touring Car Championship DLC for an additional cost.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new track? What key locations do you think RaceRoom are missing from the simulation so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I thought it was obvious from the other thread about the new track that it is Zhuhai but if you still isn't sure just compare the above pictures with the recently shot video from 2017 in the link below and it's pretty clear that it is Zhuhai.

Last edited:
They really have been busy putting new buildings up since the release of the GTR2 version. I actually raced a lot on this track in GTR2 and I think it will be a great track for some GT3 racing.

I think for all low to medium powered tintops too. Especially WTCC and Audi TT and TT RS.

You're probably right but as I more or less only drive GT3:s I could only comment on that.
By the way, I'm starting to think that Raceroom has become the closest thing to a modern day version of GTR2 which in my book is pretty darn good. Now we only need some italian cars and some tweaks to the game to make it perfect. If this comes true I don't even need GTR3.

I think for all low to medium powered tintops too. Especially WTCC and Audi TT and TT RS.
Zhuhai was used for the ILMC meaning that LMP1s raced there aswell. Nowadays, it hosts TCR Asia and TCR China rounds aswell and those cars have no problems dealing with the track and providing great close racing, so WTCC won't have any problems.

Zhuhai was used for the ILMC meaning that LMP1s raced there aswell. Nowadays, it hosts TCR Asia and TCR China rounds aswell and those cars have no problems dealing with the track and providing great close racing, so WTCC won't have any problems.
I made online multiclass leagues using that track back then. These short tracks where traffic happens more frequent are awesome and Zuhai corners are just good for this :D

Sure, RaceRoom is only static, it has no time progression or dynamic weather, but graphically it's so polished. And the amount of detail that goes into their tracks... I welcome any piece of asphalt released in this sim.
Yep, RR as a system just works better than any other sim out there. Wish they'd stick to their graphic engine and add 24h cycle and weather, if they did it I dont think I'd play other sim

Yep, RR as a system just works better than any other sim out there. Wish they'd stick to their graphic engine and add 24h cycle and weather, if they did it I dont think I'd play other sim

I think R3E's graphics work this well because they are "baked in", they don't have to rely on dynamic real-time shadows, they can create them and optimize them to give the best results. That would not work in a 24h cycle and I am sure it would look a lot worse. Prime example is Project CARS 2 with flickering shadows and reflections everywhere...

Baked in static weather or static night could be possible, although maybe R3E suffers from the single light source issue that holds back Assetto Corsa. I don't know that. If not, just look at GT Sport what they achieved with this static technique.

I think R3E's graphics work this well because they are "baked in", they don't have to rely on dynamic real-time shadows, they can create them and optimize them to give the best results. That would not work in a 24h cycle and I am sure it would look a lot worse. Prime example is Project CARS 2 with flickering shadows and reflections everywhere...

Baked in static weather or static night could be possible, although maybe R3E suffers from the single light source issue that holds back Assetto Corsa. I don't know that. If not, just look at GT Sport what they achieved with this static technique.
Does not change the fact that the engine is good. Of course nobody is saying you'll have exact same performance with 24h cycle and weather.... nor that it would be perfection in a literal way...

Sure, RaceRoom is only static, it has no time progression or dynamic weather, but graphically it's so polished. And the amount of detail that goes into their tracks... I welcome any piece of asphalt released in this sim.

Totally agree, although I would be really happy if Sector 3 released maybe one or two tracks that could go through the night on Raceroom. Would happily pay for those addons.

The level of detail on their tracks is superb, think'll I just drive round at 5mph and admire the view when it's released! lol :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000