Raceroom crashes on startup

Raceroom regularly crashes on startup. Either with steam or with direct link. Usually it starts after a couple of trys, but not always. I've had this when I started with Raceroom on the old PC and now on the new one. I've verified the files several times. I've deleted the files in the Documents folders. I've re-installed the game. I've run it without Crew Chief. Nothing helps consistently. Some evenings I can play, some I cannot. I've posted this on Sector 3 with crash dump files attached but no response. Pretty frustrating especially as I'm paying for content now.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've posted this on Sector 3 with crash dump files attached but no response. Pretty frustrating especially as I'm paying for content now.
Just like Majuh I think the problem must be in your end.
Yeah irritating but probably correct.
One of the things you could try is to kill all unnessesary windows programs and services in the background.
I use a simple script/bachfile with the command "NET STOP" and then the service or progs name after.
Using this batch I have only about 30 socalled processes running when I start the game up.
You can check out how many you are running by starting TaskManager and then check the Processes panel down in the leftmost corner.
You will probably be surprised ;)

Did you find a solution?

I have a similar problem with the game freezing when loading into the track. You can hear the game run in the background but can't do anything but force close it through the task manager. Reinstalled the game and the same issue.
If I change any settings but don't restart the game then it will 100% freeze when loading the track. If I load a track with a fresh session (no messing around with the settings, just launch the game and load the track) the chance of freezing drops to about 1/3.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all, it appears I've solved it! It seems that FRAPS was causing it. I've disabled it and now everything is fine. I was also having problems with the HUD, both built-in and OtterHUD partly or completely disappearing, usually at the start of a race. I'd loose all race info and even crew chief would stop. I'm not sure if that was related but it's fine now. Raceroom also released some bugfixes recently.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.