racer_nocg.exe won't run

Hi there. I'm having problems running 'racer_nocg.exe', any version from 0.8.9 to 0.8.31
The application starts, creates the window, and just before showing the menu bails out. No message boxes, nothing. In QLog.txt there are only 3 INFOs: Application start, 1 processor found, and the racer version.

I have Win XP SP2, latest drivers for my GeForce 2 MX400. I installed the VC++ runtime libraries, both the 2005 and the 2008 ones.

I'm successfully running Racer 0.6.5... but I want those new features like fuel tank, or true reverse lights, not just a views.ini hack.

latest drivers for my GeForce 2 MX400
Holy cow! :eek:

No hard feelings, but... just get a new graphics card (and possibly a whole new system).

Even if you get Racer running your current system, your pc specs are just too low to get any reasonable gameplay out of Racer.

Racer has left the year 2003 long time ago :D

There were Radeon HD 3850 and 4?xx AGP cards.(I used to run a PCI-E 3850) but at that point the rest of the system is the bottleneck.

Anyway, the conclusion is that the no-Cg version of Racer doesn't work quite as the older no CG Racer versions, this is probably something for Ruud to take a look into, but I wouldn't be surprised, if this was at the bottom of his to-do list.

@johnthelemon: If you were to get a new system, I would strongly suggest going with an NVIDIA based graphics card, since their drivers have better support for OpenGL and are better supported by Racer as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back