Racer - ReShade install guide

Hello. Lot of people ask me how to install new ReShade program - version 3.0.3 for Racer. So I decided to make a little "guide" for this subject. Hope it helps :) Let's start.

In this lesson i use Racer v0.9.0 RC4 and latest ReShade v3.0.3 (released on October 21th 2016).

First Part

After download, go and copy/paste ReShade_Setup_3.0.3.exe to your Racer main folder.

Then open program setup.exe file, where you can see welcome window.

Click Select game, select Racer.exe file

and click on open button. Choose OpenGL

and when window pop up select Yes for download standard effects.

Wait some seconds until it's done.

Close window.

After install ReShade you will notice some extra folder and files in your Racer root folder. This means that you install everything correctly :)

Last edited:
Second part

Start Racer.exe file and look up. You will see effects loading message and after 1-2 seconds program will ready for use.

74e5f57d6713.png

To open and close program press Shift+F2 button on your keyboard. When you first time install ReShade it will show you explanation about every window and tab.

d581b2dc0bc2.png

First you need to create your profile .ini file.

d4d10c1dc859.png

eaffe50dc273.png

Type your name and press Enter (i type sti228).

ac0e9212d9fc.png

Now you can see yourname.ini file (sti228.ini in this case) is saved and effects appeared in home tab. Click finish button.

2d688ac6fbac.png

Home tab

d67c41003072.png

Settings tab

cb53891dc0b7.png

Statistics tab

ff396c473e2e.png

About tab

41d5ce47ae26.png

Last edited:
The only problem is:

I think racer was supposed to have a camera mode in pause mode.

Depth Buffer can only be accessed via pause or removing all the car's scripts.

I wish Reshade could access directly the depth buffer.
I can make AMAZING TWEAKS, but AO / DOF / Reflective Floor only works pausing the game =/

The only problem is:

I think racer was supposed to have a camera mode in pause mode.

Depth Buffer can only be accessed via pause or removing all the car's scripts.

I wish Reshade could access directly the depth buffer.
I can make AMAZING TWEAKS, but AO / DOF / Reflective Floor only works pausing the game =/

I don't understand what you want to say. You mean while play Racer click on "P" button and pause game ? Without pause this effects don't work in game ? Or you talk about replay mode ?

It's not possible to make program or script for free camera like in LFS, rFactor, Assetto Corsa ? I mean "free cam" movement, because in game cameras attached and follow around (orbit) car. Will be good to reconnect somehow camera from car and use it individually.

P. S. Sweet screens :O_o: If it's possible please share your settings.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you want to say. You mean while play Racer click on "P" button and pause game ? Without pause this effects don't work in game ? Or you talk about replay mode ?

It's not possible to make program or script for free camera like in LFS, rFactor, Assetto Corsa ? I mean "free cam" movement, because in game cameras attached and follow around (orbit) car. Will be good to reconnect somehow camera from car and use it individually.

P. S. Sweet screens :O_o: If it's possible please share your settings.

Try ReShade mxao / DOF with a scripted car and in realtime.
It just doesnt work

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back