• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured RaceDepartment Talk 'n' Drive - The New RaceRoom Porsche

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,450
    Porsche R3E Talk and Drive.jpg
    RaceDepartment take a spin in the yet to be released Porsche 911 GT3 at the recent Sim Racing Expo event.

Thanks to access to the impressive RaceRoom Café situated right at the heart of the Nürburgring Grand Prix Circuit in Germany, we had the opportunity to get our hands on the latest piece of content under production for RaceRoom Racing Experience, the Porsche 911 GT3. Designed and built as the first fruits of a new relationship between RaceRoom and the German brand, the new Porsche 911 GT3 was in use during the Expo as a promotional event within the RaceRoom Café itself, and gave the public their first opportunity to get behind the wheel of the car and see for ourselves what the future of the sim could look like once it releases over the next few weeks.

Now of course it has to be said that the car we drove isn't necessarily the final version that will be added to the public build of RaceRoom Racing Experience, however even in its current state it already produces an exceptionally polished and thoroughly enjoyable driving experience.

Looking resplendent liveried up with the logos from the on site competition, I must say I found myself seriously impressed with the way the car drives. Considering I was outside of my comfort zone using different equipment than my home setup, had a camera in my face and a crowd of folks watching, all whilst trying to say something half sensible and drive at the same time, I really did come away with a very positive feeling from the car during my half hour or so behind the wheel.

As mentioned in the video above, the way the car moves around underneath you presents a very pleasurable experience for the driver, and in particular I seriously enjoyed the extra detail that appears to have been applied to the way the car reacts under heavy braking. This is a much appreciated change in the way cars behave in R3E, and is something I'm sure will be very popular with fans once they get some seat time themselves post release.

Although I did say in the video that the audio was again superb (which it is), on further reflection I kind of think it lacks that distinctive Porsche sound in its current state. This is something I am hopeful will be addressed before it hits the store for real, and with the talented @anthony monteil taking charge in the audio department I'm sure things will be addressed in fine style come launch day.

At present pricing and release schedules have not been made available by either Sector3 Studios or RaceRoom with regards to the Porsche, so stay tuned to RaceDepartment as we bring you more information in the coming days and weeks.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a racing simulation exclusive to PC.

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

Like the look of the new Porsche? Looking forward to trying it out for yourself? Which other Porsche models would you like to see added to the game in future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 10
  2. russlar

russlar

Ratings:
    +2
    This is the GT3 Cup car, right? Not the GT3 R?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,450
    Cup I believe. Should be the first one to release to the game, probably before the close of the year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,518
    Great insight Paul :thumbsup:

5. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Face reveal!

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,450
    Man the hair looks awful in that video. I promise I have real hair and not a painted hair shaped hat. It was a windy day and I didn't have a mirror / dryer or spray in the morning :D lol

• Haha Haha x 7
  7. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Did you maybe notice what size of the monitor/TV was on that cokpit?

8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,450
    If I was to guess I'd say 27", maximum.

9. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    THX

10. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,713
    looked like decent driving mate. mid pack driver are you?

11. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Premium

Ratings:
    +346
    I cannot wait!!!!! Now we can have 911 Cup Races. I sure hope Joseph commentates on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ronniej

ronniej
    The dude Premium

Ratings:
    +174
    If there ever was a missing Beatle, I think we found him.:)

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +556
    Well you should not have wear racing helmet in your daily driver Paul ... :) Thanks for article/video .. don't worry about hair

14. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,796
    My gawd Pippin you have grown haven't you?
    [​IMG]

cool article btw Paul.

• Haha Haha x 4
  15. Travis

Travis

Ratings:
    +261
    It helps when Sector 3 employ a real world driver to assist with the development; Bruno Spengler, Daniel Juncadella, Kelvin van der Linde and Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky have all assisted over time.

Porsche (and other cars) are being worked on by this fellow: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/alex-hodgkinson-076a98119 and it's paying dividends to the driving experience.

16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,615
    The mentions of things like "it's not a traditional GT3 Blancpain series type car" or "it feels much more alive than other cars from the class" are kinda unfortunate - it's indeed not a traditional GT3 Blancpain series type car and there are no other cars in its class in R3E, as it's not a GT3 car at all :) Though Porsche really have made it quite confusing with this car, so it's an easy enough mistake to make.

Apart from that - sounds great and really can't come quite soon enough :)

17. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +309
    Ugh, that screen lag!

18. FlyGasm

FlyGasm
    Shut Up and Go Fast! Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    Awesome, can't wait! Race Room always does it right. :thumbsup:

19. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete.. Premium

Ratings:
    +328
    Man think yourself lucky you have hair no matter what it looks like, I had hair like that when I was 10..aah those were the days..

Nice vid Paul, but the rig you were sat in looked abit cramped, that or your tall..

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +136
    I'll be happier if this means at some point Porches will be added to the ADAC roster (and I'm also hoping they can get Ferrari and Lambo at some point too)!!