RaceDepartment Rally Championship : Season 2 (draft rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't guarantee I'll be able to make each event and woudn't want to have that affect another driver's championship.
and that is exactly why I opt for teams of three where only the best two are counted. No need or hassle with nominating anyone, all three players are named at the start of the season and there is no way to change your lineup during the season. It's just to make sure most teams get to the start of the rally at least two strong. Otherwise the team championship is not about who is fast but about who shows up regularly.
Mind you, I am arguing against my very own self: I am about the slowest guy in the champ but I show up each time, look at my team in the standings, lol.

Well Eckhart, you've made my point for me and pinpointed the reason why we don't have 3 driver teams.

The teams championship is there to get people to KEEP TURNING UP. If you can't make it to all of the events, don't join a team, simple. I've made a concession in these rules where you only have to turn up 6 times for your points to count, should we make it only the drivers 6 best finishes count towards team points? I personally think that is getting too complicated though.

And your right, , 17th & 18th in all 3 events so far and your team is 3rd and you are 6th Premier. Thats what i want people to understand, keep turning up and you will get somewhere.

Yup, I said all I wanted to say; now it's time to give the rules a test drive. We will talk about the new version somewhere in the summer.

Oh, only one thing: don't you think we should give the drivers numbers? Maybe in a way first 20 or so reserved for the top 20 from the previous season; a driver from this top 20 may want to choose another number with the exception of those 20. Rest can get a first free number from 21 onwards OR chosen number. Some priorities might be given by the "governing body" to certain drivers (kind of "FIA priority" ;)) if they want to have a number that a newcomer swiped right in after opening the sign up thread or sthg (but no "mmmm, I changed my mind, I'll take the XX, take it away from Billy" after picking a number once, all such cases to be decided by "the elders").

Then we could finally have a neat way to number the textures properly, for one ;).

LOL, I will but putting the Signed up drivers into ranked order so if you finished 10th in this season you would be number 10 next season. I will make a cut off date so if someone come in in the middle of the season and would have been ranked 6 (just a random number;) ) they will have to take the next available...........hopefully 217, lol. It will also give those that skin their cars something to strive for......................getting that number one on there car;)

And, Rick, if we make a one, official hood/door sticker, it will look nicely on the replays and movies (hopefully those awesome Senad-made ones) posted on YT. They should do nice job promoting the Championship.

Proposed new classes for RDRC S2:

Ok, Ive just had what I think is a great idea................now to find out what others think;)

I think we should run with 3 classes.

1/ WRC07/08 cars - The first class runs as A league does now. WRC cars and the fastest drivers.
2/ N4/S2000 cars - The second class is for drivers that are too fast for premier league, but either stuggle in A league or just prefer to drive N4 or S2000 class cars. These drivers will compete for something like the P-WRC or S-WRC as well as outright points.
3/ N4 cars - This class runs as the premier league does now.

I know there are drivers in A league that would prefer to drive N4 cars, and there are drivers in Premier league (and maybe more to come)that should not be there, but aren't ready to make the step to WRC machines. It would allow them to move to A league without losing the chance of winning a championship as they would not loose their N4 points. I know of at least one driver that would be happy with this idea...........Lukasz;)

My biggest issue with this is it will make Senad's work a little harder and might be too complex, but that is the only thing I see wrong with it.

what do you all think?

Too complicated, diluting the field, too many classes and championships for 30-ish drivers. Same cars as well, why separate them.

EDIT: actually, 10+ per class is not that bad. Lukasz has got it spot on, wait till S2 signups, and see what the numbers are.

While I do like the idea of having 3 tiers, I am not sure we have the numbers to justify it.

I do like the concept tho because it would give newer drivers a chance to compete in the first tier instead of getting frustrated, as the premier league is pretty competitive for experienced (or speed challenged in my case) drivers.

I think the idea may have some merit, but it really depends on the starting numbers. I think we will need at least 30 regular drivers and to have the field split fairly equally to justify it (as a minimum).

Aaah, tough one. Even though I love the idea, I have to agree with the "Do we have enough drivers?" statement. Maybe in S2 we will gain a few new drivers, and I don't mind competing in a class of 5 cars (in real rallying there sometimes is only one car in class, that's life) and I personally find it really nice to be able to compete with people better matched with me etc..

Maybe we can put this on hold or something and wait till the sign-ups for the S2 end. Everyone signin' up for the "faster N4" could provide a secondary choice (equivalent of A/Premier) in case this class won't launch. Even I am ready to suck it up and start learning my ropes around a WRC car. I even have a car I love (sounds from Nanamiso and looks) that I'm pretty sure I'll start with.

Ok, we will NOT include this idea for S2 (unless we get enough sign-ups : thanks Lukasz).

I agree with you guys on the fact that we should not include another class untill we have a larger entry list. That was why i came up with this idea, i don't consider this as another class. We would not have any new cars but the drivers would be "re-allocated" so that anyone coming into the championship doesn't have to try and compete with you guys;).

Anyway, I guess I should be thankful my "great idea" wasn't trashed, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back